Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I have a similar story. My Mom passed a couple of years ago, and my Dad said he always liked Mustangs and bought me mine. I didn't want him to do that, but he insisted. So I said to him: You want me to have your inheritance while you're still alive? And he goes, yes, that way I get to see you enjoy it. He's almost 93 years old, and pretty cool, still all there. He gets in and out of the car better than I do!
That is awesome! Both my parents are 75 now and are in good shape for that age. I hope they make it to 93. Spend as much time with him as you can.
Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Replaced the PP1 wheels with SVEs and the stock summer tires with Michelin AS 3+ when the car was new. Now, with [only?] 15,000 miles the tread was pretty much used up. (I blame my addiction to all the fun, twisty roads around here.) Today I got a set of AS 4s installed.
And I'm tired of the brake dust, so I got a set of Powerstop Z23 pads for the Brembos. They'll be getting installed next week. If they're 90% as effective as the OEM pads, they'll be fine for my driving style and I won't miss having to constantly clean my front wheels at all.
IMO, yes, the Z23 pads are at least 90% for DD, and you won't have to clean your wheels so often.
Did you consider any other AS tires? I will need a new set within a year, and my top two choices so far are Continental and Michelin.

@Flimflamman @Bit_the_Bullitt

Last edited:

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
Installed my Injen CAI and MBRP cat-back exhaust. Did both in around 2 hours so not too bad. Could have been faster if I used air tools or battery tools lol.
20220518_165236.jpg

VideoCapture_20220519-121321.jpg
Did you notice if your car went through any adaptation phase after the CAI change?

dukecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium A10
Did you notice if your car went through any adaptation phase after the CAI change?
I added the parts not even 2 weeks into ownership so I wasn't completely used to the feel of the car to begin with so I didn't notice any real changes/adaptations that may have been taking place.

Reactions: GTP

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Had wheels and tires off to clean , and found this . I dont know when it happened or how long I have been driving on it . New tire should be here today .
Resized_20220601_055335.jpeg
Resized_20220601_055312.jpeg

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Paid it off. :handsinair:

Holy shit that felt good!

Capture.PNG

dukecrazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT premium A10
I know I did after installing Injen CAI . . but a noticeable improvment once the MAF and system had 'tuned in'.

I'm going to assume you're the creator of the video you linked, lol. Out of curiosity, why not have a first drive reaction at the end of the video to also document since you are saying that you noticed the car going through adaptations with the new intake?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to assume you're the creator of the video you linked, lol. Out of curiosity, why not have a first drive reaction at the end of the video to also document since you are saying that you noticed the car going through adaptations with the new intake?
Nor did he answer the question posed in the very title of the video. Is it the "best"? Why did he choose Injen? Etc.

ScubaSteve2020

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Race Red Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Good point 😯 . . . need to rethink our video productions🤔

Sponsored

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
IMO, yes, the Z23 pads are at least 90% for DD, and you won't have to clean your wheels so often.
Did you consider any other AS tires? I will need a new set within a year, and my top two choices so far are Continental and Michelin.
Thanks for confirming that the Z23s won't disappoint me. They're getting installed later today.
My trusted tire guy gave the DWS06 Continentals a big thumbs-up when I asked about them, and he also threw in his opinion that Michelins are overpriced. Unfortunately for me, I didn't ask until the AS4s were already on the way. When they wear out I'll probably try the Continentals.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
I will get the full warranty period since I run a square setup. But I know that Conti offers free road hazard coverage, or at least they used to. Even so, Belle Tire around here fixed my last two flats for free, and I didn't even buy tires from them!

jblue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2021 Twister Orange GT Premium 401A Ebony Stripes
That is awesome! Both my parents are 75 now and are in good shape for that age. I hope they make it to 93. Spend as much time with him as you can.
Thank you, and I do try to see him as much as possible. There's no guarantees in life.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Got the gt500/Mach one swing with gurney flap on… It’s about three pounds lighter (6-7 lbs with flap) than the pp1 spoiler (9-10lbs) The gurney flap absolutely destroys gas mileage on the highway.. Sucks cause it looks so good on there!!

19F77E2A-FD6C-4A20-8616-A2DFB8C4F047.jpeg

D833FABD-AA2C-45B9-8EA2-2501243CF1EA.jpeg
I don't keep mine on my car since I commute 30 miles 1 way to work when I drive it on nice days. I read I think in a GT350 forum post that it dropped fuel mileage by approx 2 MPG with the flap on. I had it on for a couple weeks then removed it after finding out it took off that much. If I go somewhere and wanna show it or something I'll just tote it with me and toss it on when I get to my destination.

@shogun32 If you hadn't found or been tagged yet on anything. I don't have a link for the post this is just what a buddy and I read up a weekend ago when I was talking to him about it.

Last edited:

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Thanks for confirming that the Z23s won't disappoint me. They're getting installed later today.
My trusted tire guy gave the DWS06 Continentals a big thumbs-up when I asked about them, and he also threw in his opinion that Michelins are overpriced. Unfortunately for me, I didn't ask until the AS4s were already on the way. When they wear out I'll probably try the Continentals.
I bought a set of those Continentals when my original P/S4s were due for replacement, replaced the set at 28k or so.

As soon as I drove with the Continentals I had a shake in the front. I was like, okay, maybe I am just being picky and drove it awhile. My steering wheel would randomly move left to right repeatedly at lower speed, never happened with the P/S4s. I went back and the tires balanced again. Still had a shake.

About 5k miles into the tires I had the tires balanced a third time. Still a small shake, really noticeable at high speed between 70-100. I dared not go over 100 with them.

I had to have my driver's side lateral control arm replaced and a front end alignment not long after the third balance. I got tired of that, went back and told Discount Tire I hated the tires. They refunded "all" my money and I paid the difference for P/S A/S4s. By this time I had 7k miles on the tires.

I am 100% sure the shake was the driver's side tire and caused my control arms failure at 35k.

Anyways, since I put on the Michelin PS A/S4s, I have had zero shake at any speed and no more steering wheel wobble. For me, Continental can go kick rocks. I will never move away from Michelin again. I have used Michelins for decades with no problems. I only went with the Continentals because they recommended them to me and talked them up so much.

Richard
Sponsored