Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Had wheels and tires off to clean , and found this . I dont know when it happened or how long I have been driving on it . New tire should be here today .
Resized_20220601_055335.jpeg
Resized_20220601_055312.jpeg
Put a little JB Weld in there, she’ll be good to go.
Sponsored

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I will get the full warranty period since I run a square setup. But I know that Conti offers free road hazard coverage, or at least they used to. Even so, Belle Tire around here fixed my last two flats for free, and I didn't even buy tires from them!
Discount Tire here where I live fixed numerous flats for me for free. They only say remember to check us out if you need tires. While 1 set of tires I bought from them and take a flying leap off a mountain. Their service and customer satisfaction goals cannot be beat. I can only speak about the one near me. They will have my business until I buy a car that hovers.

Richard

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Discount Tire here where I live fixed numerous flats for me for free. They only say remember to check us out if you need tires. While 1 set of tires I bought from them and take a flying leap off a mountain. Their service and customer satisfaction goals cannot be beat. I can only speak about the one near me. They will have my business until I buy a car that hovers.

Richard
A previous co-worker stopped at the only one we have around here where I live on his way home from work one day because he had a pretty bad shake and thought the wheels just needed to be balanced. They told him the plys were separating or something of the sort and he told them he would just deal with it at work the next day (sales manager at a dealer) and asked them to just throw the tire back on. Manager at the tire shop said they wouldn't do it and he needed to buy 4 tires (mind you he was turning this in because it was a lease within the next week). He repeated himself and said to just throw the tire back on and he would deal with it, however, the manager kept insisting he not drive the vehicle at all which I get.

He was so upset and just wanted to leave the manager said he would replace the tires for free and still said he didn't want that and would deal with it tomorrow. Finally decided to just let them do it so he could leave. Just blew my mind they replaced tires for free on a vehicle he wasn't going to have in a week and didn't charge him a thing. Was on a silverado 1500.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
I bought a set of those Continentals when my original P/S4s were due for replacement, replaced the set at 28k or so.

As soon as I drove with the Continentals I had a shake in the front. I was like, okay, maybe I am just being picky and drove it awhile. My steering wheel would randomly move left to right repeatedly at lower speed, never happened with the P/S4s. I went back and the tires balanced again. Still had a shake.

About 5k miles into the tires I had the tires balanced a third time. Still a small shake, really noticeable at high speed between 70-100. I dared not go over 100 with them.

I had to have my driver's side lateral control arm replaced and a front end alignment not long after the third balance. I got tired of that, went back and told Discount Tire I hated the tires. They refunded "all" my money and I paid the difference for P/S A/S4s. By this time I had 7k miles on the tires.

I am 100% sure the shake was the driver's side tire and caused my control arms failure at 35k.

Anyways, since I put on the Michelin PS A/S4s, I have had zero shake at any speed and no more steering wheel wobble. For me, Continental can go kick rocks. I will never move away from Michelin again. I have used Michelins for decades with no problems. I only went with the Continentals because they recommended them to me and talked them up so much.

Richard
Hmmm. Duly noted. Thanks.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
A previous co-worker stopped at the only one we have around here where I live on his way home from work one day because he had a pretty bad shake and thought the wheels just needed to be balanced. They told him the plys were separating or something of the sort and he told them he would just deal with it at work the next day (sales manager at a dealer) and asked them to just throw the tire back on. Manager at the tire shop said they wouldn't do it and he needed to buy 4 tires (mind you he was turning this in because it was a lease within the next week). He repeated himself and said to just throw the tire back on and he would deal with it, however, the manager kept insisting he not drive the vehicle at all which I get.

He was so upset and just wanted to leave the manager said he would replace the tires for free and still said he didn't want that and would deal with it tomorrow. Finally decided to just let them do it so he could leave. Just blew my mind they replaced tires for free on a vehicle he wasn't going to have in a week and didn't charge him a thing. Was on a silverado 1500.
While I certainly wouldn't put 4 on, but that is great they gave 1 for free. Probably a liability thing, if he got in an accident because of it, it could open them up to some kind of legal action. Not sure.

Richard

Sponsored

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

Nodster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I tried some new products out today. Really nice Hydro Suds shampoo, it may even tear me away from my go to Chem Guys Citris Wash n' Gloss. The smell is lovely, suds are crazy and overall it does a good job at cleaning the car.

The 303 went on easily and came off fine, even in direct sun. Two things though, it says can be used on glass - I disagree. It just smears around. In the end I had to use a glass cleaner to get the smudges off the glass. And it discoloured my short pile orange microfibre (how very dare it!) and is terrible to wash out before I popped it in the washing machine. 😁

Hydro-Suds.jpg

303-Graphene.jpg

Bonnet.jpg

Boot.jpg

Side2.jpg

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
While I certainly wouldn't put 4 on, but that is great they gave 1 for free. Probably a liability thing, if he got in an accident because of it, it could open them up to some kind of legal action. Not sure.

Richard
May have misunderstood, they replaced the set and did not charge him anything. Turned in the truck the following week as it was a lease vehicle and he mentioned that several times to them when he was just trying to leave without them doing any work.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
bad tires happen. I have to call tirerack and have them replace 2 of my truck tires as defective.

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
May have misunderstood, they replaced the set and did not charge him anything. Turned in the truck the following week as it was a lease vehicle and he mentioned that several times to them when he was just trying to leave without them doing any work.
Wow, that is a hell of place.

Richard

Sponsored

MyStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Interesting. How are you doing it
Today I finished up converting the fog lights to running light/turn signals.
I will be installing them next week.
IMG_2470.jpg

IMG_2473.jpg

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
Started on Monday but finally finished up today: MP Concepts GT350 style side skirts, put RokBloks and the rear "diffuser" back on.

IMG_1987.jpeg

IMG_1994.jpeg

IMG_1991.jpeg

Had to pull the rocker panels off to install the sides, at least it allowed me to finally fix this issue from the factory assembly:
IMG_1973.jpeg

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Kooks longtubes are installed (and sound absolutely amazing!!) also got the Eibach Sportline lowering springs, Billet Vertical links, and subframe braces installed. Only thing left now is painting the calipers red and wheel spacers.
7A37AA25-1AEB-4D95-A4E2-F3FBDA1277AD.jpeg

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I tried some new products out today. Really nice Hydro Suds shampoo, it may even tear me away from my go to Chem Guys Citris Wash n' Gloss. The smell is lovely, suds are crazy and overall it does a good job at cleaning the car.

The 303 went on easily and came off fine, even in direct sun. Two things though, it says can be used on glass - I disagree. It just smears around. In the end I had to use a glass cleaner to get the smudges off the glass. And it discoloured my short pile orange microfibre (how very dare it!) and is terrible to wash out before I popped it in the washing machine. 😁

Hydro-Suds.jpg

303-Graphene.jpg

Bonnet.jpg

Boot.jpg

Side2.jpg
A pretty spectacular shine there. I think it is worth the slight inconvenience in using the 303.
Sponsored