Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
beats me, but all of our windows are 1 piece moulds. or is it a mold?. moulding lol. whatever.
Your Mustang has the chrome/stainless metal trim around the windows. Is that how it came, or did you upgrade to the metal trim?
Sponsored

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
For $27k, loaded, not too bad. But, if you can swing it, check out the Gladiator. Hell of a truck amd it's a blast to drive with the tops off. The only downside, it's way too modable! Wheels/tires, sreps, lights, tops, doors. It's endless :piggybank: fun!!
i dont know i think this is a hell of a truck and what im going to get after i pay off my S4 next spring

1625169658901.png

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
there is 1 little pelt on each window trim chrome surround, on the bottom. can barely see it, but they showed me, so they replacing it, and on driver side door bottom door trim, has 1 or 2 pelts. dont even care, I will let them replace everything on car to get my $500 worth deductible.

unlike the rubber window trim, the chrome won't warp. its reinforce by the metal, ive seen several mustangs out and on the lot with rubber trim deformed, ive touched it etc, my metal trim is literally metal, so assuming its shape was good from factory, it won't move/warp simply because its metal over the rubber. like extra stiffness

its USAA"s body shop, they guarantee the work 100% if I am not happy they will send it elsewhere to be redone, they also garauteen it for life. so let me tell ya, if they dont make these windows perfect, im either getting my 500 deductible back, or they simply doing it all over again. I dont even care. thats what I pay them for. USAA charges me more than every other competitor for insurance.
Ok so if you have the factory metal (chrome) trim rear 1/4 glass, yea obviously the encapsulation on that type of rear 1/4 glass should not distort and should reinstall with no real issues.

But what happened that you're getting stuff replaced by Insurance, I guess I missed a thread somewhere?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why can't just the trim be replaced ... seems stupid of the design by Ford requires a whole 1/4 window to be replaced to replace the window trim.
I believe it's the way the metal trim was adhered to the underlying rubber encapsulation. If the metal trim is attempted to be removed, it's going to tear or totally destroy the rubber encapsulation around the glass.

I know the aftermarket metal trim adheres to the rubber trim around the door glass and rear 1/4 glass by 3M tape. I'd imagine the same thing might occur if trying to even remove the aftermarket metal trim.

Last edited:

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
Installed the spare tire kit. D0nt trust the inflation thing

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so if you have the factory metal (chrome) trim rear 1/4 glass, yea obviously the encapsulation on that type of rear 1/4 glass should not distort and should reinstall with no real issues.

But what happened that you're getting stuff replaced by Insurance, I guess I missed a thread somewhere?
I had hail damage, I didn't even see it on the chrome trim, they showed me one or two small baby bumps, I was like... yeah.. not replacing it, til they said insurance does it all for me, I said DONE. I don't even care, replace the whole car. as long as I don't have to pay anything.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Evidently the pdr on car is done. Just waiting on the quarter glass and chrome door trim.

when I get it home I’m washing it and going over every square centimeter of it. If I find dents gonna put little pieces of painters tape on the spots and take it back.

I want it perfect

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
I almost feel a poll coming on…

How many buyers of a S550 mustang considered resale value when buying..?
I thought the whole purpose of buying a mustang was that you have a gazillion options to personalize it, improve it and cater for your own needs.
Future value was part of my decision for my 2015 GT Premium with 50th App, and I expected to keep it at least 10 years. Then the Mach 1 appeared on scene and I let the '15 go to Vroom two weeks ago. The Mach 1 decision did not include future value, only current fun and emotional connection as my first car was a' 69 Mach 1!

Sponsored

BombZombie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay Adam
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby Super Snake
Unexciting picture of Bonnie at yet another brewery *shocking* 😅 Weather is gorgeous!

Tomorrow will be better since she'll be a featured car at a car show - stay tuned (no pun intended 😎)
20210702_140603.jpg

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Took a day off and completed the last of the delivery warranty work / snagging list …

D588218-D-BC97-45-B1-9604-ACEAA2-F73-FBD.jpg

452-C6-F6-A-8970-481-C-94-A6-8442-B8179-CEF.jpg

52601477-527-D-4-F0-F-B6-BE-5-C88-F81658-A1.jpg

WD :like:

qwert7699

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Liam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I installed a Barton two post shifter bracket and a steeda trans bushing (with a hole drilled to reduce NVH). The combo definitely still introduced some NVH especially in 1st and 2nd but I think the much clearer shifts are worth it.