What did you do to your Mach 1 today

Gregdd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
23 green mach1 manual p0022
First oil Change today at 2100 miles. Replaced my cracked belly pan at the same time. Washed out parking lot took it out. Hopefully I learned my lesson. Plenty of fasteners on this. Many go into plastic nut inserts that will be easily stripped. I can see someone using a power ratchet are ruining them very easily. The oil filter cover on the new one was warped. Going to flatten it for a few weeks and save it for later. The first part showed up broken and they had to reorder.
Also the parts guy said several of the Mach 1's they had on order were not built.

20230524_102535.jpg

20230524_102542.jpg

20230524_102738.jpg

20230524_105424.jpg

20230524_120410.jpg
Sponsored

murick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Euro Mach 1
The oil filter cover on the new one was warped. Going to flatten it for a few weeks and save it for later.
My oil filter cover (on a new pan which I got last summer) was warped too. Was told by the tech that it was "just a plastic" so I should not expect it to be flat šŸ™„.

Last edited:

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
My oil filter (on a new pan which I got last summer) was warped too. Was told by the tech that it was "just a plastic" so I should not expect it to be flat šŸ™„.
Highly irritating, mine is also not nice and flat/flush either. Noticed it last time oil was done on the car.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Highly irritating, mine is also not nice and flat/flush either. Noticed it last time oil was done on the car.
Mine has neve been flat since the car came off the truck. I think it's slightly bent for air flow

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Drove it enough on a beautiful N. GA day to finally get over 300 miles. 320 to be exact. Pulled over, put drive mode in Drag Strip and turned off TC (left ESC on) and let a couple cars go by. Did a full send and held on through the top of 3rd gear + a little (A10). Couldnā€™t watch the speedo and the road since I was busy keeping the car straight and I chose to watch the road. So I donā€™t know how fast I was going but it felt pretty fast on the 2 lane country road.

The wife had two comments: sheā€™d seen that face on me before, and she hoped I was saving up for rear tires since I just left a lot of the originals on the road. She was right on both counts.

Nobody asked, but some advice to you street warriors who may be new to the Mach 1/ A10 platform. Donā€™t be afraid to turn TC off for a pull but Iā€™d leave ESC on for a while anyway. Things happen pretty fast when youā€™re on it but if you have experience with stronger cars itā€™s not hard to control. But you do need to pay attention.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it enough on a beautiful N. GA day to finally get over 300 miles. 320 to be exact. Pulled over, put drive mode in Drag Strip and turned off TC (left ESC on) and let a couple cars go by. Did a full send and held on through the top of 3rd gear + a little (A10). Couldnā€™t watch the speedo and the road since I was busy keeping the car straight and I chose to watch the road. So I donā€™t know how fast I was going but it felt pretty fast on the 2 lane country road.

The wife had two comments: sheā€™d seen that face on me before, and she hoped I was saving up for rear tires since I just left a lot of the originals on the road. She was right on both counts.

Nobody asked, but some advice to you street warriors who may be new to the Mach 1/ A10 platform. Donā€™t be afraid to turn TC off for a pull but Iā€™d leave ESC on for a while anyway. Things happen pretty fast when youā€™re on it but if you have experience with stronger cars itā€™s not hard to control. But you do need to pay attention.
I like it but Iā€™m not going to do a full pull until I hit 1000. Iā€™m getting close slowly but surely. Iā€™d also like to do it after my first oil change but who knows when thatā€™ll be.

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
My oil filter cover (on a new pan which I got last summer) was warped too. Was told by the tech that it was "just a plastic" so I should not expect it to be flat šŸ™„.
My original had a warped oil door and came off of the truck broken. The replacement also has a warped door.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I like it but Iā€™m not going to do a full pull until I hit 1000. Iā€™m getting close slowly but surely. Iā€™d also like to do it after my first oil change but who knows when thatā€™ll be.
And thatā€™s perfectly cool.

Everybody does it however it makes them comfortable. I donā€™t think thereā€™re any absolutes.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Yeah me too. I'm just over 500 now and plan to do some cruising this weekend. I could see me hitting 1000 by the next weekend.

Sponsored

IanKar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Mustang Mach1 HP A10; 22 Shelby GT500 HP
First oil Change today at 2100 miles. Replaced my cracked belly pan at the same time. Washed out parking lot took it out. Hopefully I learned my lesson. Plenty of fasteners on this. Many go into plastic nut inserts that will be easily stripped. I can see someone using a power ratchet are ruining them very easily. The oil filter cover on the new one was warped. Going to flatten it for a few weeks and save it for later. The first part showed up broken and they had to reorder.
Also the parts guy said several of the Mach 1's they had on order were not built.

20230524_102535.jpg

20230524_102542.jpg

20230524_102738.jpg

20230524_105424.jpg

20230524_120410.jpg
Nice work. When I get around to taking mine off, I will replace the plastic inserts with those rubber well nuts so that I can unbolt this off in the future.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I don't have the M1 yet, but I did order a white madness garage short shifter for it along with a ball knob in grabber blue and the MACH 1 logo engraved on the sides in black. I'll post pics when I get it. I'm also thinking about a manual shifter boot to complete the look.

Hi rpm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
N/A
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, Iconic Silver, 6 Speed, 700A, HP
Yes. A spare tire and jack. Auto Authority has a wheel that will fit over the the large 6 piston Brembos, yet will still fit in the trunk wheel well.

I have had too many flat tires in the wrong place and at the wrong time to be with out a spare.

I spent close to 2 hours stranded waiting for a hook with my 2013 Boss when a piece of metal slit the rear tire.
The supplied tire goo and compressor did nothing but make a big mess.
Never again.

Last edited:

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
Are these safe for EXPEL ceramic tint? " We recommend using XPEL Glass Cleaner or a mild dishwashing detergent and water mixture in a spray bottle" quote from EXPEL
XPEL, along with other window tint companies, will recommend their own glass cleaning product for obvious reasons.

As a general rule, alcohol-based window cleaners are tint safe. Stoners Invisible Glass and Gyeon Q2M Glass Cleaner are both alcohol based. I also really like P&S True Vue. Have been using all three on tinted windows for more than 15 years without issue.

Ammonia based glass cleaners should be avoided on window tint, they also have the ability to permanently stain plastic interior surfaces. Avoid Windex in other words.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Perfect Glass is the best streak free, tint safe window cleaner I have come across. Try it, you'll be hooked!
Sponsored