Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
Cleaned interior and tried out a new product in my arsenal.

car pro inner qd

did a decent job but my interior has 2200 miles on it so it looks brand new 🤷🏻‍♂️ was really shocked at how only a little went a long way

96FC55C8-0361-4C4E-AD1A-85638C7B7EE4.jpeg
Sponsored

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Drove it after a wash and wax

PXL_20230403_211024547.jpg

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Last week, I attempted to install a CF dash insert from Trufiber. The project ended in a fail. I thought I'd provide some insight as to what the task involves, tips, etc.

While I am familiar with the different weaves, their thicknesses, resins, etc., I had not handled CF items before.

If you're contemplating the project, YouTube has several videos as to how to remove and replace the factory dash insert.

Tip: before attaching anything, test fit each piece, in the car, without clips. Ensure the items fit well, are not misshapen, etc.

Tip: the dash insert is attached by a series of white, yellow and green clips. I lost a few white and yellow clips along the way. It would be a good idea to order some before the project. I've included part numbers for the white and yellow. I didn't need the green clips (used only in the area of the vents and gauges).

Tip: gauges are held by Torx head screws. When installing the gauge module into the new section of CF, there are no threads. It takes some effort to get the threads started, the piece will be creaking and all that. Eventually, the screws will bite and take hold. Just use moderate, gradual pressure.

As you'll see on Youtube, it is as easy as pulling off the factory pieces; they are held by the clips. Open the glove box. Wiggle and pull the small adjacent dash insert. Starting at the right side, do the same to the main dash insert. The panel will start coming loose and out.

Gauges will be attached by one connector, which you can remove by hand.

On the left side of the dash, it is much of the same. Pull out the triangle-shaped bit first; with this removed, you'll see a bolt: remove the bolt. Now, wiggle and take out the light switch assembly.

The light switch assembly is held by a socket. When you remove the light switch, the car's interior will begin beeping in a low tone. The car will not stop beeping until the circuit becomes closed again. You can temporarily reconnect the switch to the socket and just leave it hanging.

When I first attached the main insert, I felt things went OK. Unfortunately, towards the end of the project, I noticed a large gap, near the gauges. I removed the insert and re-installed. Better, but not great. Finally, I pulled it, removed all the clips, and placed it against the dash. And this is when I recognized the problem.

In the photos that follow, you'll notice the highlighted areas. On the main insert, it's pulled back a bit, twisted, near the gauge and vent area; this was preventing a good connect and seat.

Further, looking a long the main section, there is a gentle twist or curve which is not present in the factory piece.

I elected to tap out. I was done. I put everything back together and stopped. All the factory pieces immediately snapped into place, without issue and looked like they did at project start.

Afterwards, I was actually happy. I got everything back together the way it was before. No holes poked in the seats, no cracks in the dash, no electrical issues, no scratches to the display. I saw it as a win.

The first tip, the test fit, is crucial. IDK if the mold was a bit off, the pieces changed when curing, this is expected, etc. Trufiber does have a refund and restock policy. But I'd already clipped the pieces on/off twice. Further, I was leery about trying this again.

YMMV.

P.S. If you're interested in replacing the radio bezel with a CF piece, it's a bit more involved, more difficult to remove. "Sometimes you just have to give things a good yank.", as one YouTube video explained. Once out, you then detach the front and back bezel halves, relocate buttons, etc. It is for these reasons I never considered replacing the radio bezel.

Notice the highlighted section, how the CF piece pulls back a bit.

skye cf dash 001.jpg

Twist on the long end, not in the factory piece.

skye cf dash 002.jpg

Too much material removed below. Big gap. Did not seat well.

skye cf dash 004.jpg

skye cf dash 005.jpg

skye cf dash 006.jpg

Something about the highlighted area below. The headlight switch would not "click" into place here.

skye cf dash 003.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Installed smoke LED side markers. Before and after.

IMG-0948.jpg

IMG-1195 (1).jpg

Last edited:

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Have you hit the break in mileage yet, Mike?

Car looks great
LOL! No, I'm trying but life keeps getting in the way.

Thank you, I love the look of these cars too

19gtaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT, PP1 and 2021 Mach 1
Installed clutch pedal extension. Easy 5 or 10 minute install.
pedals.jpg

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Installed clutch pedal extension. Easy 5 or 10 minute install.
pedals.jpg
I’m the opposite, wish the steering wheel would telescope out another 2 inches. Glad you found a solution for the pedals.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Last week, I attempted to install a CF dash insert from Trufiber. The project ended in a fail. I thought I'd provide some insight as to what the task involves, tips, etc.

While I am familiar with the different weaves, their thicknesses, resins, etc., I had not handled CF items before.

If you're contemplating the project, YouTube has several videos as to how to remove and replace the factory dash insert.

Tip: before attaching anything, test fit each piece, in the car, without clips. Ensure the items fit well, are not misshapen, etc.

Tip: the dash insert is attached by a series of white, yellow and green clips. I lost a few white and yellow clips along the way. It would be a good idea to order some before the project. I've included part numbers for the white and yellow. I didn't need the green clips (used only in the area of the vents and gauges).

Tip: gauges are held by Torx head screws. When installing the gauge module into the new section of CF, there are no threads. It takes some effort to get the threads started, the piece will be creaking and all that. Eventually, the screws will bite and take hold. Just use moderate, gradual pressure.

As you'll see on Youtube, it is as easy as pulling off the factory pieces; they are held by the clips. Open the glove box. Wiggle and pull the small adjacent dash insert. Starting at the right side, do the same to the main dash insert. The panel will start coming loose and out.

Gauges will be attached by one connector, which you can remove by hand.

On the left side of the dash, it is much of the same. Pull out the triangle-shaped bit first; with this removed, you'll see a bolt: remove the bolt. Now, wiggle and take out the light switch assembly.

The light switch assembly is held by a socket. When you remove the light switch, the car's interior will begin beeping in a low tone. The car will not stop beeping until the circuit becomes closed again. You can temporarily reconnect the switch to the socket and just leave it hanging.

When I first attached the main insert, I felt things went OK. Unfortunately, towards the end of the project, I noticed a large gap, near the gauges. I removed the insert and re-installed. Better, but not great. Finally, I pulled it, removed all the clips, and placed it against the dash. And this is when I recognized the problem.

In the photos that follow, you'll notice the highlighted areas. On the main insert, it's pulled back a bit, twisted, near the gauge and vent area; this was preventing a good connect and seat.

Further, looking a long the main section, there is a gentle twist or curve which is not present in the factory piece.

I elected to tap out. I was done. I put everything back together and stopped. All the factory pieces immediately snapped into place, without issue and looked like they did at project start.

Afterwards, I was actually happy. I got everything back together the way it was before. No holes poked in the seats, no cracks in the dash, no electrical issues, no scratches to the display. I saw it as a win.

The first tip, the test fit, is crucial. IDK if the mold was a bit off, the pieces changed when curing, this is expected, etc. Trufiber does have a refund and restock policy. But I'd already clipped the pieces on/off twice. Further, I was leery about trying this again.

YMMV.

P.S. If you're interested in replacing the radio bezel with a CF piece, it's a bit more involved, more difficult to remove. "Sometimes you just have to give things a good yank.", as one YouTube video explained. Once out, you then detach the front and back bezel halves, relocate buttons, etc. It is for these reasons I never considered replacing the radio bezel.

Notice the highlighted section, how the CF piece pulls back a bit.

skye cf dash 001.jpg

Twist on the long end, not in the factory piece.

skye cf dash 002.jpg

Too much material removed below. Big gap. Did not seat well.

skye cf dash 004.jpg

skye cf dash 005.jpg

skye cf dash 006.jpg

Something about the highlighted area below. The headlight switch would not "click" into place here.

skye cf dash 003.jpg
This couldnt be much more disappointing. This is my next project after my steering wheel.

Traffic22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 Raptor, 2011 Ford CV Lemons Race Car
I’m the opposite, wish the steering wheel would telescope out another 2 inches. Glad you found a solution for the pedals.
This….so much this…..and a seat that goes 2” lower.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
This couldnt be much more disappointing. This is my next project after my steering wheel.
Mine might have just be a fluke. IDK. Hopefully, you and others will continue to have success. :please:

Kachøw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I was on the fence about ceramic, but it's well worth it IMO. It's like having a mirror on your paint job – pics don't do it justice.

I have a feeling that the shop chipped my windshield when applying the coating but there's not much I could do about that as I have no way to prove it. All I could do was have my insurance come out and fill the chip for me... At least it's not too large and it's on the passenger side. You can see it on the windshield in the last pic – it's that white dot on the left. It's not as noticeable since it got filled in but still really irritating.

View attachment 747167

View attachment 747168
View attachment 747169
Sponsored