Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
I want a competition orange Terminator and a vibrant red with black cloth interior 93 cobra to go with the Shelby. I love the Mystichrome as well. When I bought my 2003 Cobra, they had a Mystichrome and the asked $2k more because of the paint.
That's kind of a deal, lol...The package was like $3500 additional

I've been eyeballing 93 Cobras myself...I need to stop eyeballing other cars lol
Sponsored

TRS7139

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I try to drive it, at least for a couple of miles, every week. Hoping the battery would last that long but you're right. It might be time to get a battery tender for both Mustangs now as they both sit.

Funny thing though, my Merkur hasn't been touched in a month and it's been sitting outside...it starts right up on the first turn.

I have another one at my son's house. It's been in storage for at least three months now, It fired up on the first turn yesterday as well...With all the new computer tech these days you'd think they would figure out a way to keep the battery in cold weather lol
FWIW that is one of the worst things you can do in cold weather states.
Unless you drive it a good 10-20 miles you will never get all the fluids up to operating temps nor boil off accumulated condensation......so you are really adding water to your internals which makes them acidic.
You are better of not driving at all. Get a bubble.

Stoked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus RS/2016 GT350/2002 Audi A4
Unless you drive it a good 10-20 miles you will never get all the fluids up to operating temps nor boil off accumulated condensation......so you are really adding water to your internals which makes them acidic.
Yes, I understand that...please don't take a couple of miles literally.

I give it a proper drive, unless I can't and then it sits until I can. I don't live in a state where I can't do that at least every 2 to 3 weeks in winter.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜17 Ruby red GT350
^^^^^ what he said, mine doesnā€™t get started from Nov. 2nd till May 1st.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I fire mine up and let them reach operating temperature, with some applied throttle and varying rpm along the way. Once warm and no more condensate in the exhaust, you're fine. Been doing it this way since 1983 and any teardown I've done has shown no evidence or ruination from winter warmup cycling of a stored vehicle.

Sponsored

rb92gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Cooled Tech
Went on a five hour drive yesterday, glorious. I really don't understand how you Northerners can live like that. N/A motors like this sure love the 50 degree air in Florida right now.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Went on a five hour drive yesterday, glorious. I really don't understand how you Northerners can live like that. N/A motors like this sure love the 50 degree air in Florida right now.
Oh, you too?

I took HR871 out for a long drive. This is the best time of the year in FL.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've been putting the miles on over the last month or so - temps have been really nice.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
It's kinda like prison. Only without the blankets and free gym membership.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
It was -10 for the high today, windchill of minus -20. I sat in front of a fireplace most of the day and watched vids of people driving cars ;)
Itā€™s looking up tho, getting close to above freezing by next Saturday.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It was -10 for the high today, windchill of minus -20. I sat in front of a fireplace most of the day and watched vids of people driving cars ;)
Itā€™s looking up tho, getting close to above freezing by next Saturday.
Sounds like you nerd a break. Stop by for a beer, you can borrow one of the 350's

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Applied Carpro Reload to top off my CQF after a year of use. Super easy to apply, made the paint absolutely pop like it was freshly polished and waxed. I'll probably do it once every few months now.

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
I really don't understand how you Northerners can live like that. N/A motors like this sure love the 50 degree air in Florida right now.
This is why I waited to buy one until we had a place in Florida to take it for the winter. I can't see waiting months to drive these cars.

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
This is why I waited to buy one until we had a place in Florida to take it for the winter. I can't see waiting months to drive these cars.
Itā€™s no different than waiting to ride a motorcycle imho.

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
Sounds like you nerd a break. Stop by for a beer, you can borrow one of the 350's
Thanks for the offer Tom, very kind man:)!
I bask in my sun room to me feel like Iā€™m not in the Arctic tundra. You guys got it good this time of year, thatā€™s for sure. I took my car out 2 weeks ago and it was mid 50s...today itā€™s 20 below zero.
The only reason I stay here is for family, and the spring. Otherwise Iā€™d hit it...
Within 10 years Iā€™ll be spending winters in the south :)
Sponsored