What’s it worth thoughts..

408cuda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
66 cuda, 21 Ram 3500 dually, 21 Bronco
Wrong model and not sure if the right place for this but was just looking for some thoughts.
My buddy has a 2004 cobra, and he has been toying with the idea of selling it to get into a newer gt350 or power adder GT. Out of curiosity I looked around the interwebs for him and saw them going for anything from mid 30’s all the way up to 70. Those are shocking prices in my mind, with a huge range. He is the 2nd owner, his father was the 1st. 22,000 miles, minor add on’s and put down 450/480 to wheels. Color is mystichrome(sp?). Any thoughts?
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I can tell you that it's worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it.

To the penny.

wazslow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
If I had to guess, I'd say $35k-$40k. Who would pay $70k for an 03/04Cobra? They were good cars in the 2000's. Times have changed.

I had a Sonic Blue 03 Cobra with mods. I have 0 desire to ever get another one. Lol

greengoblinmach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG Mach 1
Mystichrome is desirable as is the Terminator, but only to the RIGHT buyer for beaucoup bucks. Might be worth testing waters, listing on BaT/Cars&Bids with reserve to gauge market?

I really just came to agree with KingKona I guess..

Sponsored

OP
OP

408cuda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Mystichrome is desirable as is the Terminator, but only to the RIGHT buyer for beaucoup bucks. Might be worth testing waters, listing on BaT/Cars&Bids with reserve to gauge market?

I really just came to agree with KingKona I guess..
Thank you. Appreciate the info as I was unfamiliar with those auction sites.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
A lightly modded, mostly original Mystichrome Terminator should pull at least 40K even now, they're getting pretty hard to find like that.

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I'd say +$40k if it's stock to lightly modded. You'd probably get a better answer from the guys on SVTPERFORMANCE.COM being that most of them own Cobras.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
@Goose17 has one and is a collector of Cobras. He can probably give you a good idea of what they’re worth

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
@Goose17 has one and is a collector of Cobras. He can probably give you a good idea of what they’re worth
Thanks for the mention Mark!

Mystichrome Terminators have gone through the roof. We are also heading into the spring, which is historically the higher selling price point. Prices do vary wildly, and the condition of the irreplaceable steering wheel and driver’s seat will weigh heavily on the value. As for value… hard to assess without seeing pictures to show condition. A pristine example with mileage in the 20s can easily be north of $50k. How far north depends on condition.

Sponsored
OP
OP

408cuda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the mention Mark!

Mystichrome Terminators have gone through the roof. We are also heading into the spring, which is historically the higher selling price point. Prices do vary wildly, and the condition of the irreplaceable steering wheel and driver’s seat will weigh heavily on the value. As for value… hard to assess without seeing pictures to show condition. A pristine example with mileage in the 20s can easily be north of $50k. How far north depends on condition.
Appreciate this info! I asked for pics but he only found 1 on his phone! That’s how little I see the thing, he never drives it!! Car is very very clean, except he did mention something about the steering wheel. Must be a problem spot on those cars?

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Appreciate this info! I asked for pics but he only found 1 on his phone! That’s how little I see the thing, he never drives it!! Car is very very clean, except he did mention something about the steering wheel. Must be a problem spot on those cars?
The steering wheel and seats got the only color-changing interior leather… ever! There was one batch made by Garden State Tanners for these cars and no one has been able to recreate the leather. The color-changing exterior paint can always be resprayed, but if your interior leather was not protected and is worn, you are SOL unless you can get your hands on some original leather seat skins/steering wheel.

6D91C8AE-A4A5-4408-B016-5AE6328BA450.jpeg

F97C6061-84B0-49FE-930C-9B89A299E0D3.jpeg

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
https://www.volocars.com/auto-sales/vehicles/17593/2004-ford-mustang-cobra-svt

I believe this might be one of the cars being referred to.

I go out to Volo probably once a month, to see what they have in inventory, not just Mustangs, but cars in general. The Cobra noted above is being offered for $70K; the car is essentially brand new.

Hemmings is good to frequent, to become aware of models, options or features.

Volo, Hemmings and like sites are great for archiving photos of any number of things.
Sponsored

Last edited: