Not open for further replies.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
IMO the fueling issue is being blown out of proportion.i think there is plenty of power to be had as is,tuning is key IMO.
I'm still wondering about this as I swear I'd read more than once that Full Race's SEMA car did 500 w/ no fueling changes. If it did have them, I'd assume there would be somekind of info about whatever product is in development to address the issue...

...or this could simply be wishful thinking on my part.
Sponsored

5TAR5CR3AM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT deep impact blue
Full Race I think made a mention that they are working with Ford on fueling system upgrades. Find the big turbo thread I started. I believe they stated that in there.

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
1992 Eagle Talon, Porsche 944 Turbo
Fftec, the rods and piston combo look great! One question though; since you had the motor out, why not upgrade the sleeves?

Based on your experience and observation, what do you think the stock ones will handle?
I took a close look at the sleeves while the engine was out. They have a good design with increased thickness in the high stress areas. At this point in development it was determined that the sleeves were holding just fine. The headgasket also showed signs of excellent sleeve stability.

Our goal for this engine build was to develop engine parts that the average customer would use for an excellent street/strip car on a reasonable budget. We eliminated the main weaknesses of the stock engine with minimal cost and minimal downtime. The pistons and rods are custom pieces that are a direct fit in the EcoBoost 2.3 engine. No special machining is required. The parts drop right in!

RubyRacer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT 6M
That sounds amazing guys. You'll have a customer this summer when I can sort my budget out. Maybe sooner, depending on your price for the Piston/Rods/Turbo combo!

EDIT: Oh, also, does this mean you're happy with the stock forged crankshaft with this application?

Sponsored

Project Whitemare

GTFO Squad
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Sweet build! Right in my backyard too!

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
That sounds amazing guys. You'll have a customer this summer when I can sort my budget out. Maybe sooner, depending on your price for the Piston/Rods/Turbo combo!

EDIT: Oh, also, does this mean you're happy with the stock forged crankshaft with this application?
Yes, it appears to be a genuine forged crank. :D Harndess tests were quite good, too. I also like the way oil is fed to the rod bearing journal. The oil feed passage is a direct drilled design which is excellent for high rpm oil flow.

Sweet build! Right in my backyard too!
What's up? Feel free to drop by any time! It would be cool to chat with other local EB owners. The group of local Bay Area EB owners is getting big!

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I am both excited and scared to see the pricing on piston/rod combo.

mark.k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang V6
Hi David,

Do you plan on installing an oil cooler to your mustang ?

Will you be able to have it fit above your larger intercooler ?

I would imagine the oil temp could run pretty hot with a larger aftermarket turbo.

Thanks for your advise.

Mark k

Sponsored

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Hi David,

Do you plan on installing an oil cooler to your mustang ?

Will you be able to have it fit above your larger intercooler ?

I would imagine the oil temp could run pretty hot with a larger aftermarket turbo.

Thanks for your advise.

Mark k
Hi Mark,
Yes we plan to install an oil cooler on our shop EcoBoost. We haven't chosen a location yet but there's plenty of room above the intercooler. We've laid out the plans for a bolt-on oil cooler but it's still down on the list. Right now we have other priorities since it's winter and oil temps are still good. The extra power we're making hasn't had much effect on oil temps. Even during out big Intercooler Torture Test, which included several 1st through 5th gear pulls the oil temps never got in the red, although they were climbing.
See data here;
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15638

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
That stock rod looks like it is very weak. I bet it is.
After seeing this engine up close, you'll have to find someone else to take that bet. :cheers: :thumbsup:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Can't wait to see numbers from this build.Whats the time frame for upgraded Turbo kit availability?

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
So I have to ask, how is the fuel system holding up to the extra power?

David@FFtec

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Can't wait to see numbers from this build.Whats the time frame for upgraded Turbo kit availability?
We're still testing different configurations to find the best option. Medium frame turbos are looking like an easy upgrade with a stock engine and full bolt-ons. Big turbo testing is scheduled to begin soon.

So I have to ask, how is the fuel system holding up to the extra power?
We're probing the limits. I can't give away any secrets right now but we're finding ways to make power on the stock fuel system first, then we'll add fuel system hardware upgrades once the stock system is truly tapped out.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.