Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Does anyone know if these free updates are a time limited offer? It looks like I have a free one also but since we're still under some international travel restrictions I'd rather wait to update until I can go anywhere I want. I already know how to get to the places I'm currently able to go.
5 years. 😃👍
Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Install this update! It resolved the SiriusXM Traffic loading problem I've had on my Mach 1 since delivery in April.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
As an FYI, I'd recommend updating to 3.4.21194 before updating the map via USB? Why? Because you can now effectively use VR to make sure you did it right. If you remove the stick early and SYNC doesn't keep asking you to complete the update and attempt an address / POI search using VR, it'll tell you to complete the map update if it doesn't have the nav voice package. Prior to 21194 it wold just end as this case *should* never happen, but obviously does.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I did the update yesterday. It took 2 hours to download the file and about 1 hour and 15 minutes to do the install. I haven't seen any difference but I rarely use it so I'm not the best to comment on that.

I don't know why the people who write instructions make it sound so complicated. Eight pages of instructions that say nothing more than download file, unzip file, copy license file and paste into SyncMyRide folder. Copy to USB stick, insert USB stick in car and go for scenic drive. Keep driving until you're told to remove USB stick.

OP
OP
Bikeman315

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I did the update yesterday. It took 2 hours to download the file and about 1 hour and 15 minutes to do the install. I haven't seen any difference but I rarely use it so I'm not the best to comment on that.

I don't know why the people who write instructions make it sound so complicated. Eight pages of instructions that say nothing more than download file, unzip file, copy license file and paste into SyncMyRide folder. Copy to USB stick, insert USB stick in car and go for scenic drive. Keep driving until you're told to remove USB stick.
You do realize that there are folks on here that cannot find the sunglass holder in our cars much less a Zip file. :crackup: :cwl: It may sound easy to you and me but there are a lot of folks out there that do not know a .exe from a .jpg. Ford needs to cover all bases.

Sponsored

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
You do realize that there are folks on here that cannot find the sunglass holder in our cars much less a Zip file. :crackup: :cwl: It may sound easy to you and me but there are a lot of folks out there that do not know a .exe from a .jpg. Ford needs to cover all bases.
I completely agree with your comment in general. But have you looked at the instructions for doing this? First step, format the USB stick and rename it SyncMyRide. What is the point of renaming it. It just further confuses the people you're talking about. Half of the steps were not necessary or the wording was so confusing it made a simple task look difficult.

Last edited:

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase

My reason exactly. I am not waiting 3 hours for something I don't use. Apple Car Play with Google Maps or Waze from my phone work just fine.

The last Sync 3 update screwed up my USB functionality for my music. I would uninstall if I could. I can no longer search the stick anymore. Always says not available now. PITA.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
The last Sync 3 update screwed up my USB functionality for my music. I would uninstall if I could. I can no longer search the stick anymore. Always says not available now. PITA.
Force a re-index. That fixed that problem in the past.

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Force a re-index. That fixed that problem in the past.
Thanks for the tip. Do I do that in the car or on my laptop?

I have never done that before. Any advice on how to do it?

Sponsored

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Install this update! It resolved the SiriusXM Traffic loading problem I've had on my Mach 1 since delivery in April.
Kudos to UofMEngineer for this thread. I told my dealer about the update yesterday and the service manager seemed very surprised that the update fixed what replacing the APIM didn't. Even so, he seemed pleased that I shared it with him. Hopefully it will save replacing some APIMs that don't really need replacing.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
If you have a good wifi connection in the garage it's a cake walk.
Let the Automatic Updates do all the work.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

Weird. Took about 20-30min for me on my drive to work. Everyone's hardware should be the same(CPU/RAM/Disk Speed wise). I wonder why some peoples installs take MUCH longer than others.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Weird. Took about 20-30min for me on my drive to work. Everyone's hardware should be the same(CPU/RAM/Disk Speed wise). I wonder why some peoples installs take MUCH longer than others.
Are you talking about updating Sync or updating the maps? Updating Sync took about the same time as yours. It was the free map update that took so long.

I didn't have a USB stick big enough so I bought a 64GB stick with a transfer rate of 150 mbps. Maybe that is slower than what you have.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Are you talking about updating Sync or updating the maps? Updating Sync took about the same time as yours. It was the free map update that took so long.

I didn't have a USB stick big enough so I bought a 64GB stick with a transfer rate of 150 mbps. Maybe that is slower than what you have.
Nope. Did Maps on the way into work this morning. I think my USB stick is like a USB 2.0 or VERY early 3.0 its YEARS old, kinda amazed it still works.
Sponsored