Water leaking in on drivers side

JC_17Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Hey everyone new to the forum and new to the Mustang, I bough a used 2017 GT about a month ago, only has 18,000 miles on it and I noticed the other week I had water leaking in on my drivers side. I have a buddy who used to run a body shop and he said it could be coming through a bad seal on the windshield or through the body seem at the top of the windshield. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what did it turn out to be, I’m really hoping it’s the windshield which would be a lot easier fix.
Sponsored

tyler2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
hate to say it but I had the same issue with my 15 gt, I had the windshield redone 2 times and it did nothing. ended up being the welds at the roof line. basically Ford said they would have to pull all the glass and pressurize the cab to find all the air leaks then re-read and paint it. between that and ac going out 3 times in 3 years and only 7200 miles I was glad to be rid of it

OP
OP

JC_17Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Well that’s not what I was hoping to hear, mine is a 2017 with 19,000 miles on it, I wonder if Ford will cover it if that’s what has to be done.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
There was a thread in this forum where someone had a similar water leak and it was caused by the Mickey mouse stickers Ford uses to cover holes in the sheet metal near the door hinge area.

If you search this forum you'll probably find that thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JC_17Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Thanks for the links guys, mine is not gonna be the stickers in the door frame at least not for now, mine is coming in at the top of the windshield, I pulled the headliner back and poured water on the top of the windshield and I can see it dripping in so it’s either a bad seal on the factory windshield or it’s leaking in on a bad body seem right at the top edge of the drivers side of the windshield.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Thanks for the links guys, mine is not gonna be the stickers in the door frame at least not for now, mine is coming in at the top of the windshield, I pulled the headliner back and poured water on the top of the windshield and I can see it dripping in so it’s either a bad seal on the factory windshield or it’s leaking in on a bad body seem right at the top edge of the drivers side of the windshield.
You should have Ford try to fix (as it is still under warranty I presume) and if they can't, just follow your states lemon laws. I had an Acadia with a leak issue and they eventually bought it back.

OP
OP

JC_17Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
You should have Ford try to fix (as it is still under warranty I presume) and if they can't, just follow your states lemon laws. I had an Acadia with a leak issue and they eventually bought it back.

Well I’m sure hoping they will fix it, I’m gonna go talk to my local dealer back home while I’m in town for Thanksgiving.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
They fixed my water leak at the front on my new 2018GT, it only took 3 months 25 days. As soon as Autumn came the back flooded. Within a week I sold that car into the dealership network. I Lost a lot of money but the peace of mind was priceless.
Was the rear leak attributed to the rear glass or the 3rd brake light housing?

So you did a RAV Buy Back, or just traded it in? If a RAV Buy Back, be sure to post up the VIN in the Lemon thread.

Sponsored

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I felt my water leak the other day during a rainstorm. 2019 GT with 22,000miles. I was turning left and going over a bump and it poured on my left foot that was on the clutch pedal for a half-second. Dealer can't/won't replicate. I've told them to jake up the passenger side and then water test it. Dead silence from the service manager when I said to do that.

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I felt my water leak the other day during a rainstorm. 2019 GT with 22,000miles. I was turning left and going over a bump and it poured on my left foot that was on the clutch pedal for a half-second. Dealer can't/won't replicate. I've told them to jake up the passenger side and then water test it. Dead silence from the service manager when I said to do that.
Wow on a 2019? im going to check mine...
I’ve driven in the rain many times and I haven’t noticed water but maybe I’m not looking for it and I don’t want to find it...

where are you guys locating the water at?

Deleted member 35786

Easy fix. Crack the windshield with a hammer and claim it was a rock and have Safelite install a new one for free. That is if you have free glass breakage on your insurance policy for your state.

Todd00000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
The dealer adjusted the weather stripping and the tape. The leak is fixed.
Sponsored