TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Elitist, lol. One of those millennial words that people came up with to describe someone who actually put money down to buy something and has skin in the game. I would think the opinion of a GT500 owner way overshadows that of one who is not (pertaining to that subject matter). You don't see me on the Aston or Ferrari or Ford GT forums because my opinion would not be valid or welcomed for that matter. Heck, you don't even see me on any of the other subforums of this website unless I have something meaningful to contribute. But time and time again, Mach 1, GT, ecoboost, etc guys come over here and help themselves and (like I said) sometimes offer opinions that do not represent the general consensus of the core group that this subforum shares.

I will be at the track this weekend with all the other elitists who spend their money in a pay to play scenario. That essentially is what this is all about, right? You buy a car with money and go have fun with it. The problem with that is that the people who can't afford the car complain about ADMs and throw their opinions around as if they were owners. I am not going to apologize to anyone or any group of people for not understanding that basic idea. There is a reason there are ADMs on cars. If you can't afford it, then you can't afford it and stop complaining about it. The core of people in this subforum paid markups to have these cars and they don't want to hear about it from someone who thinks they are driving the same car and cant wrap their heads around the concept.

Maybe I am an elitist. I go to work, make lots of money, and spend it having fun. I don't think there would be an issue at all if people approached it like myself. Hang in your own subforum and when you do poke your head into other subforums, be mindful and respectful of the cadre that that subforum represents.

When it comes to a GT500 or GT350, yes, my opinion is much more important than that of someone who doesn't have any experience with the car. It is for that reason, lots and lots experience, that I have this opinion. If you don't like that opinion, then I suggest you go back to your own subforum and learn some manners.
Holy Christ I’m not reading all that…
I’m not a millennial, and elitist was a nice way of saying arrogant due to money. Just because you have a lot of money doesn’t mean your opinion is worth more than others and thinking so makes you an ass.
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Holy Christ I’m not reading all that…
I’m not a millennial, and elitist was a nice way of saying arrogant due to money. Just because you have a lot of money doesn’t mean your opinion is worth more than others and thinking so makes you an ass.
Wow. I said I had experience with the car. You don't. You are rude, just like most of your kind who fumble around in this section of M6G.

Elitist, LOL.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Wow. I said I had experience with the car. You don't. You are rude, just like most of your kind who fumble around in this section of M6G.

Elitist, LOL.
Elitist means douchebag with money. See also, you. Thank god I can just block assholes like you and not deal with undeserved arrogance anymore.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
Anyone else think that black stripes would go better with Brittany Blue than white stripes on the GT500?
Not having the Brittany blue color would go better…too feminine…my opinion

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Elitist means douchebag with money. See also, you. Thank god I can just block assholes like you and not deal with undeserved arrogance anymore.
Thank you, comrade.

Any more uninformed GT500 opinions that you would like to share based upon your extensive knowledge and experience? LOL

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; This thread is interesting. I get there are folks with adequate funds who have to have a Mustang and will compete with each other and so drive up the asking price.
I get why the dealers play the game. As long as someone comes in and pays the added on cost, they will keep upping the ADP to see what the top may be.

I do not get what is in this for Ford corporate. Best I can understand is Ford does not get any extra income from the dealers who jack up the car's price. This is a bit that can make a difference. An example may be that before the prices went crazy I made attempts to buy a new base GT Mustang three times. All deals were below MSRP as I was shopping left over (previous year) models. Strange events killed the deals. Point is I stopped shopping for a new GT when the prices became inflated.

I get there has been a supply/demand problem due to chips which keeps dealer inventory low.
I get there is a substantial fear the EV agenda may kill off factory hot rods so some think I better get one while I can.
I get some of the Mustangs are more special than a base GT. I offered 50K for a used 2016 GT350 back in 2017 or 2018 after a test drive. I had the bug for a few days but got turned down. After the fever subsided, I continued to look at base GT's. Even had a good deal worked out on a used Bullitt with low miles. Had planned to show up at my 55th HS reunion with the exhaust opened up. CarFax showed collision damage.

I get I am the lowest form of life for posting in this thread while not actually owning a Mustang at all.
I get why those currently owning a GT350, GT500 or any of the other special models want the valuation to stay high. It is nice to have the money and be willing to pay to get something special. It is also nice for that special car to hold it's value over time. I do not expect any of the special models to be discounted a lot any time soon. This is where I envy those who have the _ _ _ _ _ to pay to play. I just cannot change my mental framework so as to be able to be comfortable doing so. I buy the occasional lottery ticket and think I might break out of that mind set with a winning ticket.

I even get why some jump on each other verbally on here. One real or imagined slight leads to another and it escalates.

Don't think I added much to the conversation tho, now that I wrote all this. Carry on.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Not having the Brittany blue color would go better…too feminine…my opinion
now *I*m offended. Call the forum police!

Gosh darn-it man, I was going to put some matte light gray stripes on my white-interior Brittany ecoboost and also bolt on the GT500 nose and hood take to C&C for all the oohs and ahhs when I parked it in the middle of the GT500 row.

Trap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Boss 302

Elitist, LOL.
Think you are proving point that you have an elitist attitude

AllthePonies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
now *I*m offended. Call the forum police!

Gosh darn-it man, I was going to put some matte light gray stripes on my white-interior Brittany ecoboost and also bolt on the GT500 nose and hood take to C&C for all the oohs and ahhs when I parked it in the middle of the GT500 row.
Here’s the GT500 row from the start of the Mustang launch at the big glass house.

1670258272636.jpeg

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
:computerrage:

The sensitive egos can be read like an open book.

DRAGOON

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
21 VB mach1 HP 6SP
OK, Mach1 owner here, who paid an ADM a year ago (not much) and paid balance off within 3 months. I come here in this sub-forum (GT500) to gather information about this particular brand. From what I was learned through life, I only offer advise on what I own or did or experienced. Anything else would be pure speculation because I haven’t been there or did that. So, in closing, the GT500 owners can offer advise on their brand because after all, they own it and know the car.
Side bar note : only post I’ll put in this sub-forum is this one.

Airport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I dont agree with it but I also dont agree with you calling a private business, whom is clearly posting the price of the item ahead of time, a stealership. If you dont support it, dont buy it.
I dont agree with it but I also dont agree with you calling a private business, whom is clearly posting the price of the item ahead of time, a stealership. If you dont support it, dont buy it.
FruityJudy must work at a “Stealership“ as they are the only ones that get upset with the term, STEALERSHIP.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
searching the Internet there a lots of articles explaining the ADM markups. Most believe it is unfair to the consumer and will hurt dealers in the end. I happen to be in that camp but you won t hurt my feeling s if you disagree. This really has been beaten to death here for sure. It is a free market until consumer gouging laws are violated or changed.
The last article I read was written by an attorney which you almost have to be now to understand all that applies to the situation. And as we know, attorneys don t always agree.

Hats off to 2 Ford dealers that are associated here and went well below the MSRP for many of us!!

GTFORMULA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grey gt500 pp, recaros, nav
I own a 2020 GT500. I did a bunch of mods. Plan on doing more. The car will eventually run mid 8s. That being said I agree, this GT500 owners section is full of assholes. It keeps people out of here alot. Keeps new posts Low. Keeps forum traffic down. But hey, they are cooler than 7 second 5.0 guys right? Top tier car= top tier attitude.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.