Sponsored

Wait until after break in period to remove hydro carbon trap & switch air filter?

mike mahoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Vehicle Showcase
I did that when I had my 22 GT but don't think it would be necessary for the Mach 1 because you are not making any permanent changes, the filter will pop out and if you ever want to just put it back in, you can.
I can't get my intake apart to where I can remove the filter.
Sponsored

OP
OP
merlin803

merlin803

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
clay
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 P0004
I can't get my intake apart to where I can remove the filter.
From what I recall, the outer tube from your airbox has to come off (after removing the MAF), and you will see 3 slots inside the tube, you basically have to jam 3 butter knives in those slots to release clips, then you can pull out the inside tube and then the filter. I think one of Tony's videos explains it in more detail than I can.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
It is a bit of a pain on the M1 intake for sure. I actually broke one of the 3 clips getting mine out. Seemed like bad plastic cause it just snapped right off as soon as i pried it. 2 seem to hold it in fine though. And all that said I dont care cause i got a gt350 intake tube to put on it. Im planning to do that, a Soler throttle body, a switchfire, and a flex tune this fall/winter.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Don't worry about breaking the clips, most throw the carbon trap in the garbage after they remove it anyway.

mike mahoney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
Vehicle Showcase
From what I recall, the outer tube from your airbox has to come off (after removing the MAF), and you will see 3 slots inside the tube, you basically have to jam 3 butter knives in those slots to release clips, then you can pull out the inside tube and then the filter. I think one of Tony's videos explains it in more detail than I can.
thanks -thats better detail than the video!

Sponsored

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Don't worry about breaking the clips, most throw the carbon trap in the garbage after they remove it anyway.
Im not worried about the clips being broken. The trap is long gone. But the clips hold the inner tube inside the outer tube. So anyone that wants to put the inner tube back in as you should, needs to be careful.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
the inner tube is part of the trap, that needs to come out.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Question for you guys. I put the K&N drop in air filter in my 2023 Mustang GT, but left the charcoal filter alone. Do you know how many miles FORD recommends before they replace the charcoal filter? Or, do they just leave it in?

thraizer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 HP 6MT, 23 Ford Explorer ST
Right around the 4min mark is when he took the carbon trap out. I followed his procedure except I didn't pry the inner tube with a screw driver, stuck my hand on the other end of the intake tube and pushed the whole carbon trap housing out. No broken clips

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

Sponsored

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 M0960; AT; Fighter Jet Gray
So glad I have a 21 to avoid that business on the carbon trap. Wonder if Dark Horse is going to have two of those to pull out. Maybe it would approach 525 like was once rumored on the Mach 1 if you do. I was surprised at how involved using the camber plate change was too. Looked like a PITA.

Striker01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, 90 LX Coupe, 99 SVT Lightning, 99 WS6
What, why? 21's didn't have them from factory......my car has a 120 miles on it and this will be removed in the next few days.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
That is huge compared to my 2016...
My only concern is will my garage smell like fuel vapors if I remove it?
I can’t smell anything nor can my wife (her car).
Your question doesn’t make sense- Wouldn’t every 18-21 car smell? They don’t.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
So glad I have a 21 to avoid that business on the carbon trap. Wonder if Dark Horse is going to have two of those to pull out. Maybe it would approach 525 like was once rumored on the Mach 1 if you do. I was surprised at how involved using the camber plate change was too. Looked like a PITA.
Lol avoid? On a Mach 1 it just slides right out of the intake track.

Striker01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach 1, 90 LX Coupe, 99 SVT Lightning, 99 WS6
Right around the 4min mark is when he took the carbon trap out. I followed his procedure except I didn't pry the inner tube with a screw driver, stuck my hand on the other end of the intake tube and pushed the whole carbon trap housing out. No broken clips

How can you remove the inner part of the tube without releasing the clips that hold it in place? He used 3 pieces of wood. How did you get away without prying?
Sponsored