Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Added that bit to the title so it's not just another I have vibration at 50-70 mph thread. No I have vibration at all times, wondering who else has this. Sitting at idle you can feel the vibration in the steering wheel, console and shifter, plus it's much worse while driving. Now I do have suspension mods and steeda bushing so I expect some vibration, but this is getting to the point that after a long drive my fingers become numb, like a cellphone on vibrate, nothing harsh just real fine vibration. I asked a member here at a show to sit in my car because I thought maybe it was normal, and he said his doesn't vibrate like mine. He mentioned he thinks it could be the exhaust, and to be honest it may as well be that, since the place that did mine welded on their own hangars instead of trying to use the factory ones in the rear. But before I go ripping things apart (and trying to avoid going to the dealer at all costs, I hate going there above everything else and it's always an argument) just wanted to see if anyone else has vibration at all times.
Sponsored

vance knight

Vance Knight
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vance
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
If you cut out the suitbox resonator and replaced with x or H pipe did you also take out the metal mesh section of exhaust pipe on the passenger side of the car.

My H pipe delete had a solid replacement pipe to replace flexible mesh joint but I figured Ford put it in for a good reason????

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
If you cut out the suitbox resonator and replaced with x or H pipe did you also take out the metal mesh section of exhaust pipe on the passenger side of the car.

My H pipe delete had a solid replacement pipe to replace flexible mesh joint but I figured Ford put it in for a good reason????
Which H-pipe did you use All the ones I've ever seen only replace the resonator and leaves the flex joint on the passenger side.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked a member here at a show to sit in my car because I thought maybe it was normal, and he said his doesn't vibrate like mine. He mentioned he thinks it could be the exhaust, and to be honest it may as well be that, since the place that did mine welded on their own hangars instead of trying to use the factory ones in the rear. But before I go ripping things apart (and trying to avoid going to the dealer at all costs, I hate going there above everything else and it's always an argument) just wanted to see if anyone else has vibration at all times.
Do you recall of this vibration showed up after the exhaust work or not?

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Which H-pipe did you use All the ones I've ever seen only replace the resonator and leaves the flex joint on the passenger side.
Lethal H pipe, that get's rid of the flex, but I have longtubes so that flex section is gone now regardless.

And I don't remember when the vibration started, it may have gotten worse with the longtubes, all I know is it's been bugging me as of late. Also I have a real nasty vibration at 80-90 that will shake your legs through the floor board. Just had my tires re checked and they said balance is fine, but I may go somewhere else.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal H pipe, that get's rid of the flex, but I have longtubes so that flex section is gone now regardless.
I've got a Lethal Performance H-pipe sitting in a box ready to put on. It doesn't get rid of the flex joint, only the resonator. I don't think LP has changed their H-pipe design. Maybe the header is what got rid of the flex joint. :shrug:

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I've got a Lethal Performance H-pipe sitting in a box ready to put on. It doesn't get rid of the flex joint, only the resonator. I don't think LP has changed their H-pipe design. Maybe the header is what got rid of the flex joint. :shrug:
No, I got the H pipe from Lethal back when it first came out, back then it came with the delete pipes right after the stock cat's to get rid of the bottle necking at the resonator. Looks like they don't off that anymore. Was also a bit more, paid 299 for it.

These are the pipes, no longer on my car due to the long tubes.

t4G7kPsh.jpg

rvlyssup

Vag...Gun...Stang-NUT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rand
Vehicle(s)
Lotsa...

Blaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black V6 Vert, manual, 051A, 3:55, no spoiler
Nothing against Steeda, great company and I use their shift bracket, BUT that transmission bushing was a disaster in my car for picking up road vibration and noise. Goes in much easier than it comes out. :doh:

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Nothing against Steeda, great company and I use their shift bracket, BUT that transmission bushing was a disaster in my car for picking up road vibration and noise. Goes in much easier than it comes out. :doh:
You know what, I forgot about that. This weekend I'm going to pull that and see what it does.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No, I got the H pipe from Lethal back when it first came out, back then it came with the delete pipes right after the stock cat's to get rid of the bottle necking at the resonator. Looks like they don't off that anymore. Was also a bit more, paid 299 for it.
Aaaah, got ya. I have no issue with just replacing the resonator with the H-pipe and leaving the flex joint in place.

If your vibration was from the exhaust system mod, wouldn't others have it too that replace the whole system? Or did the exhaust shop do some mickey mouse rigging of their own on your system?

OP
OP
Varekai

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Aaaah, got ya. I have no issue with just replacing the resonator with the H-pipe and leaving the flex joint in place.

If your vibration was from the exhaust system mod, wouldn't others have it too that replace the whole system? Or did the exhaust shop do some mickey mouse rigging of their own on your system?
Lol they Mickey moused. Instead of using the stock hangars they welded their own on.
Sponsored