Vibration after an autocross event..

Alerch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
After the event yesterday I noticed on the drive home the car had a vibration from 40ish to 80 never went faster than that. The car (2016 GT 6 speed) has been lowered with fords track suspension and aligned also has Steeda's one pc alum driveshaft. This is the first sign of any vibration, any ideas on where to start looking?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Alerch

Alerch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Feels more like drive line vibration, coming the from the rear of the car for sure. I didn't notice any in the steering wheel.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Check your lug nuts torque should be 150 ft-lbs, check your tires balance as this often get off after events and could cause vibrations. And if that doesn't fix it check you wheel hubs more often rear left wheel hub.

OP
OP
Alerch

Alerch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Check your lug nuts torque should be 150 ft-lbs, check your tires balance as this often get off after events and could cause vibrations. And if that doesn't fix it check you wheel hubs more often rear left wheel hub.
Better not be the wheel bearings (front and rear) they are new, all the suspension and parts only have 700 miles or a year on them (I hardly drive it).. I usually trailer the car to events but this one was only 5 miles from the house.. I thought about the tires maybe spun on the rims.

Sponsored

ArrestmeRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Sounds like a tire issue. Usually the front wheels would cause a vibration in the steering wheel. If it feels like the whole car is vibrating then its usually a rear tire. You could rotate the tires and see if the vibration follows the tires.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

Sponsored

Arknsawchuck

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Better not be the wheel bearings (front and rear) they are new, all the suspension and parts only have 700 miles or a year on them (I hardly drive it).. I usually trailer the car to events but this one was only 5 miles from the house.. I thought about the tires maybe spun on the rims.
Never rule out wheel bearings on these cars, my right rear went out with only 1000 miles on the car.

OP
OP
Alerch

Alerch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
In reference to the Steeda 1 piece driveshaft, I don’t know if the supplied hardware is the same for yours, as it was for my 2019 Bullitt, but if it was, I can see a potential problem that might cause vibration. Read this thread for detailed information and pics. Start on page 5 and post #64 and read on from there.

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...018-6-speed-manual-transmission.184061/page-5
Nice, I do remember having to mis match some bolts on the hardware that came with the DS... I'll get it up in the air so I can take a look at that.. I hope it something simple and an easy fix.. I dont really feel like dropping the cradle, if I do now is the time to do the solid bushings I guess..

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nice, I do remember having to mis match some bolts on the hardware that came with the DS... I'll get it up in the air so I can take a look at that.. I hope it something simple and an easy fix.. I dont really feel like dropping the cradle, if I do now is the time to do the solid bushings I guess..
Please keep us posted on what you find. Maybe take some pics if you see anything that stands out to you.

Hobdul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2022 Volvo V60 Polestar
I've never autocrossed, but my inner wheel barrels definitely pick up rubber pieces during track days, enough that several times I have felt vibrations on the drive home that felt like a wheel out of balance (because it is, slightly, due to the accumulated rubber). I was worried about loose lug nuts, etc. until I figured out what was happening during the post-track car wash.

OP
OP
Alerch

Alerch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Please keep us posted on what you find. Maybe take some pics if you see anything that stands out to you.
Will do! hopefully its something easy..

I've never autocrossed, but my inner wheel barrels definitely pick up rubber pieces during track days, enough that several times I have felt vibrations on the drive home that felt like a wheel out of balance (because it is, slightly, due to the accumulated rubber). I was worried about loose lug nuts, etc. until I figured out what was happening during the post-track car wash.
When I take the tires off I'll look them over good..
Sponsored