First Autocross Event Wear/Oil

CagedDestroyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2.3L PP
I daily a 2018 Ecoboost PP and will be attending my first autocross event early April!

1. Just curious if anyone has seen excessive wear and tear mainly on suspension components from these events?

2. I’m about to do my first oil change, any good recommendations on type of oil to run if it is my daily and may run a few events over the year? I live in Ohio.

3. What’s you favorite mods for a daily that occasionally may be used on track? I’d like to try and attend a Capulong HPDEs this year as well.
Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I daily a 2018 Ecoboost PP and will be attending my first autocross event early April!

1. Just curious if anyone has seen excessive wear and tear mainly on suspension components from these events?

2. I’m about to do my first oil change, any good recommendations on type of oil to run if it is my daily and may run a few events over the year? I live in Ohio.

3. What’s you favorite mods for a daily that occasionally may be used on track? I’d like to try and attend a Capulong HPDEs this year as well.
Which event are you planning on going to (or with which region) ?

1. Not really. If it's your first event, don't worry about any wear on suspension.
2. Run whatever you run normally.
3. There's ton you can do - but if you plan to autocross seriously, consider impact of these mods on your classing. First mod you should think of (beside driver's mod) is tires.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
1. Just curious if anyone has seen excessive wear and tear mainly on suspension components from these events? - no, a few minutes of turning left and right at parking lot speeds is not going to massively accelerate the wear on those components

2. I’m about to do my first oil change, any good recommendations on type of oil to run if it is my daily and may run a few events over the year? I live in Ohio. - personally I like Amsoil and PP Ultra, but OEM oil should work fine as you won't be heating it up that much in sub 1 minute runs

3. What’s you favorite mods for a daily that occasionally may be used on track? I’d like to try and attend a Capulong HPDEs this year as well. - driver mod and safety (tires, brakes etc). Don't worry about mods until you can outdrive the current car's capabilities

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Suspension doesn’t really “wear”. Tires, brakes wear. Suspension breaks :)

in 4+ years for hard autox and track, I’ve seen hubs go bad a few times. I tore a rear suspension bushing (thats uncommon btw).

Shocks go soft over the years but I don’t thing that the occasional autox or HPDE is going to accelerate that much if you daily driving the car anyway.

Tires will be your most expensive wear item.

boardkat

CAMtard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT
Suspension doesn’t really “wear”. Tires, brakes wear. Suspension breaks :)
You know how I know you don’t have a lot of spherical bearings in your suspension setup??? :p

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
You know how I know you don’t have a lot of spherical bearings in your suspension setup??? :p
I might, but the OP doesn’t! What I really want is that trick quick detach splitter setup you’ve got.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Since your going to autocross, go with the best oil you can afford. I do amsoil signature series. Might be a bit overkill but it's the best on the market and cheap insurance. I prefer to err on the side of caution.
Sponsored