Sponsored

V6

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Whats funny a lot of us posting in favor of the V6 Mustang have a GT. Look at the cars from the sigs on the people who post.
My first Mustang was the V6 base model. It was a great car.
Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
meh it served no purpose besides rental cars etc, bigger engine with less power then the ecoboost. just get the 5.0 if your not a fan of the ecoboost
:endthread

Redraven571

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 Convertible Triple Yellow
My son has the V6 (3.7L) in his Mustang. its pretty decent. We added a Roush exhaust to it and it sounds pretty good now too. Gas mileage on it is not that great though..... but better than mine....
I have a 2015 V6 and a Roush exhaust, doesn't sound as throaty as an 8, but still pretty good. My average MVP locally is 20-21 and I average 28-29 on the highway.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Ford made a mistake with the V6, they should have offered a handling package with this car along with better creature comforts. I know they wanted to push eveyone into a Ecoboost car other than the GT, but to be frank the V6 is more appealing than the EB cars.

Excelerater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I think it a huge mistake ford dropped the V6 in the Mustang. I understand why they did it but huge mistake
Ford doesn't even sell cars anymore besides the mustang but I remember seeing V6 cars for sale brand new for 22K,no one wanted them

Sponsored

V8 WUU

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
anything other than a V8 should be dropped.
It has been over here in Europe (UK At least).

The Ecoboost I4 has been dropped, the V6 was never offered.

So its just the V8 we get now.

However i don't believe the Ecoboost ever had good sales over here, as everyone who wants a mustang, wants the V8!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Ford made a mistake with the V6, they should have offered a handling package with this car along with better creature comforts. I know they wanted to push eveyone into a Ecoboost car other than the GT, but to be frank the V6 is more appealing than the EB cars.
They did exactly what they wanted to do. They were not interested in selling more V6 cars regardless of their appeal. Actually adding the additional options would have hurt their merchandising plan. That would have been the mistake.

vanquishvzla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 50th anniversary
It has been over here in Europe (UK At least).

The Ecoboost I4 has been dropped, the V6 was never offered.

So its just the V8 we get now.

However i don't believe the Ecoboost ever had good sales over here, as everyone who wants a mustang, wants the V8!
maxresdefault.jpg

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I prefer the additional horsepower of my GT to the '15 V6 I used to have, but if there is a turbo V6 offered in the S650 I might be interested. :)

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
They did exactly what they wanted to do. They were not interested in selling more V6 cars regardless of their appeal. Actually adding the additional options would have hurt their merchandising plan. That would have been the mistake.
I am not disagreeing with you on this point at all. I am just saying what I believe they should have done, as I feel the V6 was a more appealing car than the four-cylinder ecoboost.

Sponsored

Ninpop9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang
V6 owner here...

As someone who does their own maintenance the Duratec 3.7 is unbelievably easy to work on, Ford did a excellent job on this Engine.

The power to weight ratio makes it a fun, sporty car for those who can not afford the V8's (like myself) and the gas mileage isn't much worse than the EB's. I've done a few aftermarket mods like a Roush exhaust and the sound is something you can't get with the 4-bangers.

Sad they discontinued it!

T.O.Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt Mustang
I am not disagreeing with you on this point at all. I am just saying what I believe they should have done, as I feel the V6 was a more appealing car than the four-cylinder ecoboost.
Funny how often a thread that’s about how the V6 gets no respect ends up dissing the EB.
I’ve never driven a V6 but came to the Mustang “family” after enjoying 3 Mustang convertible rentals, two of which were EBs, the other a GT.
And while I enjoyed the GT hugely and ended up buying a Bullitt, the rental I remember most fondly was a loaded red EB I had in Vancouver.
The engine was decent and it had a lighter, more balanced feel to it than the GT I rented before that in Florida.
And that’s because, well, it was lighter and more balanced than the GT, with almost 200 pounds less under the front end of the car.
Maybe there’s a similar, more balanced feel to V6 Mustangs - I don’t know, and I’ll leave it to someone else to comment about that.
My point is just that there’s no reason to rag on the EB while trying to point out the qualities of the V6: an EcoBoost-equipped Mustang is a damn fine sports coupe or convertible, a car with a decent engine that is fun and that has a nice feel on twisty roads, maybe even a better feel than some or even most of the V8s.
It deserves respect, too.

Last edited:

catdaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 iconic silver pp1
Funny how often a thread that’s about how the V6 gets no respect ends up dissing the EB.
I’ve never driven a V6 but came to the Mustang “family” after enjoying 3 Mustang convertible rentals, two of which were EBs, the other a GT.
And while I enjoyed the GT hugely and ended up buying a Bullitt, the rental I remember most fondly was a loaded red EB I in Vancouver.
The engine was decent and it had a lighter, more balanced feel to it than the GT I rented before that in Florida.
And that’s because, well, it was lighter and more balanced than the GT, with almost 200 pounds less under the front end of the car.
Maybe there’s a similar, more balanced feel to V6 Mustangs - I don’t know, and I’ll leave it to someone else to comment about that.
My point is just that there’s no reason to rag on the EB while trying to point out the qualities of the V6: an Ecoboost-equipped Mustang is a damn fine sports coupe or convertible, a car with a decent engine that is fun and that has a nice feel on twisty roads, maybe even a better feel than some or even most of the V8s.
It deserves respect, too.

Theres no doubt the EcoBoost is the better choice then the 6cyl, otherwise everyone would have chosen the 6cyl and the EcoBoost would have been discontinued. EcoBoost is great for people not concerned with performance or on a very limited budget

Deleted member 35644

I test drove my first V6 and an EcoBoost back-to-back, and the V6 won out for sound, feel, and what I think is better looking upholstery. Remote start a V6 and an EcoBoost sitting next to each other....there's no comparison. But on the other side of my garage is an EcoBoost A10, which will smear my V6, and sounds like a hand mixer doing it. Give and take. I'm slowly making the V6 into the car it should be. Thinking about a tune to get rid of rev hang, and some Katzkins.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Theres no doubt the EcoBoost is the better choice then the 6cyl, otherwise everyone would have chosen the 6cyl and the EcoBoost would have been discontinued. EcoBoost is great for people not concerned with performance or on a very limited budget
I think you need to read up a little more on the V6 S550's. Ford kept V6 sales down intensionally by not offering it with a premium version or the other options only available on the EB or GT. I said earlier that if I could have ordered a V6 premium back in 15' I would have.

In addition even a dead stock EB was a potent performer. It would take out a lot of the older V8's. Add a tune, and and intercooler and it would take out a GT from a dig. And just in case you haven't noticed well equipped EB's are not cheap. The only real difference is the cost of the motor. The rest of the car is all Mustang.
Sponsored