Sponsored

V6 - Saving up for Mods, got some questions.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
How much did you get them for? The rear toe links were a breeze but I did have to get an alignment after. As for the bearings it should be pretty straight forward with a ball press joint no? I’ve never used one before but they look somewhat simple.
$40 and yeah I thought it would be simple, but based on other people's attempts I'm definitely not interested in doing it myself.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
As for the bearings it should be pretty straight forward with a ball press joint no?
ha, the casting's wierd shape and size make that a rather more interesting proposition, not to mention how freaking tight the damn things are. My shop said, "alright, no more of these, so quit bringing us Mustangs to work on".

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Good to know. Has anyone with the V6 installed the Steeda Diff Bushings?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Good to know. Has anyone with the V6 installed the Steeda Diff Bushings?
I have them. Use the red pucks. You may like them or not. Depends on how much NVH makes it into your cabin. I never really noticed them. The thing is the more you upgrade suspension the stiffer and nosier your car can become. A good engine and exhaust note will cover up most sounds. I heard a bit more drive train noises after the install, but nothing crazy. Mods like this are subjective to a person's noise tolerances . Some people install and immediately take them out or others don't notice or don't care. They did really clean up some rear end slop, the car felt more connected and responsive to drive train shifts.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I have them. Use the red pucks. You may like them or not. Depends on how much NVH makes it into your cabin. I never really noticed them. The thing is the more you upgrade suspension the stiffer and nosier your car can become. A good engine and exhaust note will cover up most sounds. I heard a bit more drive train noises after the install, but nothing crazy. Mods like this are subjective to a person's noise tolerances . Some people install and immediately take them out or others don't notice or don't care. They did really clean up some rear end slop, the car felt more connected and responsive to drive train shifts.
Good to know! I may get them one day.

I got my firewall extension properly installed today and I already notice a bit of more rigidity in the front. My next install will either be the PP k brace or Steeda two point k brace. Anyone have any input on either?

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Good to know! I may get them one day.

I got my firewall extension properly installed today and I already notice a bit of more rigidity in the front. My next install will either be the PP k brace or Steeda two point k brace. Anyone have any input on either?
I have the K-Brace. It's cheap and a no brainer to put on the car. I did the PP Strut brace w/spacers to fit, the cowl brace with firewall extension, and PP k-brace. All together it made a noticeable improvement in front end feel and driving confidence. At some point I may get the 2-point Steeda k-brace, but I have a bunch of other suspension mods I need to install once I get home.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I have the K-Brace. It's cheap and a no brainer to put on the car. I did the PP Strut brace w/spacers to fit, the cowl brace with firewall extension, and PP k-brace. All together it made a noticeable improvement in front end feel and driving confidence. At some point I may get the 2-point Steeda k-brace, but I have a bunch of other suspension mods I need to install once I get home.
Nice. Looks like that will be my next mod.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Turns out I had my BMR camber bolts installed wrong. Instead of getting a shop to degree them I just removed them and installed the OEM bolts. Got a new alignment and now it’s dialed in. Between the brake, trans and diff fluid swap,’coupled with the new alignment and the firewall extension, this car is handling amazing. For an DD street car I couldn’t be happier.

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered a set of universal diffuser fins. I’ll let y’all know how they look.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
@cyclonetron Looking forward to seeing the results.

I'm actually looking at this rear diffuser. I've seen youtube videos about it and it looks really good once installed.
Not a fan. It looks cool at first, but the more I looked at it the more I realized you have to drill more holes to hold it up and the connection pieces just look cheap. Plus awkward on the ends resting up on the bumper. I want the 2018 rear bumper, but I will paint the bottom portion OEM bumper color and add diffuser fins with the quad tip cutouts. It will be some work but I think it will look just right in the end.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Not a fan. It looks cool at first, but the more I looked at it the more I realized you have to drill more holes to hold it up and the connection pieces just look cheap. Plus awkward on the ends resting up on the bumper. I want the 2018 rear bumper, but I will paint the bottom portion OEM bumper color and add diffuser fins with the quad tip cutouts. It will be some work but I think it will look just right in the end.
I think one of the best things to do is to paint the bottom bumper color black. Simple and looks good. I am still deciding on what to do with it.

Had to do some digging for a picture.
Sponsored

Last edited: