Sponsored

V6 - Saving up for Mods, got some questions.

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Ok, so I'm socking some money away each month to build up a kitty for future mods. Will probably pull the trigger when my warranty expires in a year or two. Most of the bucks will probably be going towards suspension, but want to put aside some money to squeeze a bit more power out of the engine.
I've read a ton of threads on this subject, forced induction, tunes, cold air intakes and headers...exhaust as well. Think I've got a plan that makes sense but happy to take advice if I'm missing something important.
Won't be tracking the car, will hopefully move it from current Daily Driver status to weekend/road trip fun car. (Over 50,000 kms allready driving it for work so want to slow down current wear and tear and keep this thing for years to come)

Even stock I feel it's got a fair a bit of power but wouldn't say no to another 30hp or so, especially if it doesn't break the bank. So right now I'm leaning towards:
1. Roush CAI
2. BBK Shorty Headers
3. MPT Tune

Car is a fully stock 2017 V6 MT with 3:55 rear gear pumpkin, 18" Foundry wheels (which I really like) so likely won't be spending bucks on wheels/tires until Goodyear F1's wear out.

Question, will adding a Throttle Body or Spacer bring much benefit? Seems to be varying opinions on it. Another question, do I need to do something to the exhaust besides the headers? Not looking for a louder sound, and definitely don't want any kind of drone so was hoping to save spending $ on that.

Suspension-wise, likely going with some of the Steeda Packages, Stop the Hop, Comfort Springs and non-adjustable Shocks, K-Brace, Jacking Rails etc.

Any thoughts, something I'm missing?
Go with a aftermarket intake. Airaid is a great choice with the closed box. Full exhaust with longtube headers and a resonator delete such as a h or x pipe. Then lastly would do some gears and a tune to wrap everything up. Those mods will not break the bank either. Please shoot me a message or give us a call we sell everything here at @LethalPerformance! I would be glad to answer any further questions you may have! https://www.lethalperformance.com/
Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
New red button. Took longer to install than I thought mostly due to fear about breaking something. Kind of marred the trim a bit though.
Did you remove starter button assembly or just try amd stick it on? I just purchased the red carbon one to go with all my carbon accents.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
You get the actual button vice a sticker?

Sponsored

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I installed the PP rear toe links. Incredibly easy to install and now the rear end feels a lot more planted and tightened up.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I still have my PP suspension parts just sitting around. But I'll probably switch out the springs for either bmr or steeda springs.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I still have my PP suspension parts just sitting around. But I'll probably switch out the springs for either bmr or steeda springs.
Me too! I've got the toe links and the knuckle to toe bearings sitting in a closet at home for like 6 months now.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
What exactly does the knuckle to toe link bearing improve upon and is it required to get a alignment after the install?

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Not 100% sure, but I got them cheap and lots of people had positive feedback on them being a great part to upgrade and it's in the same spot as the toe link itself so I figured if I was going to do it, do them together - then I found out how much of a pain the bearing itself is to swap and kinda just held off on it. Shouldn't need an alignment for this part alone though, I don't think anything shifts. Did you get one after you did the toe link installation?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Me too! I've got the toe links and the knuckle to toe bearings sitting in a closet at home for like 6 months now.
Lets not talk about parts just sitting around touchy subject....lmao.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Not 100% sure, but I got them cheap and lots of people had positive feedback on them being a great part to upgrade and it's in the same spot as the toe link itself so I figured if I was going to do it, do them together - then I found out how much of a pain the bearing itself is to swap and kinda just held off on it. Shouldn't need an alignment for this part alone though, I don't think anything shifts. Did you get one after you did the toe link installation?
How much did you get them for? The rear toe links were a breeze but I did have to get an alignment after. As for the bearings it should be pretty straight forward with a ball press joint no? I’ve never used one before but they look somewhat simple.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
I just read about the bearing install. That is one mod I will not be attempting lol. Has anyone installed the Steeda rear diff bushings?
Sponsored