Sponsored

V6 - Saving up for Mods, got some questions.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
Hey off chance anyone know the weight of the 051a wheels? I saw the weight for the stock 18in GT wheels but not for the 051a wheels. Right now I am assuming that they are in the same ballpark.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I need to get the Long tube headers, the Borla Catback - leaning towards the S Type now - then a resonator
No, you need a proper tune. See the Unleashed thread or go with MPT. Once you fix the fueling and throttle connection the need for more noise will go right out the window, I suspect. $400 and it really is a totally different car!

I find the V6 suspension annoying and just crap. I recommend at minimum the FP street pack or Steeda non-adjustable. Or if you can get them for "free"ish, some GT PerfPack dampers. 10/11 rims are very cool but you can't do much with them if the rest of the car (engine, suspension) are a let down.

Last edited:

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
No, you need a proper tune. See the Unleashed thread or go with MPT. Once you fix the fueling and throttle connection the need for more noise will go right out the window, I suspect. $400 and it really is a totally different car!

I find the V6 suspension annoying and just crap. I recommend at minimum the FP street pack or Steeda non-adjustable. Or if you can get them for "free"ish, some GT PerfPack dampers. 10/11 rims are very cool but you can't do much with them if the rest of the car (engine, suspension) are a let down.
Yeah was looking at the Eibach coilover setup personally.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
After searching for a while I found two weights for the 18x8 051a wheel. One is 26lbs and the other 32lbs. Not really aure which is correct.

Edit: NVM found it in the what weighs thread, 55.2lbs. It was called foundry wheels.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
After searching for a while I found two weights for the 18x8 051a wheel. One is 26lbs and the other 32lbs. Not really aure which is correct.

Edit: NVM found it in the what weighs thread, 55.2lbs. It was called foundry wheels.
Sounds like a with tire weight, I'd go with the 32lbs.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I'm starting to like the SVE GT7s more over the SVE S350s. My only gripe is that I wish the bronze were also on sale.
Yeah MRR has some textured bronze that Im thinking really, really hard about saving up for haha.

But all that being said I really think a liquid metal, brushed gunmetal or what have you would go alot better. Like USMC said.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
MT82 For Life :D

I was actually looking at a Auto EcoBoost which was like 3k more overall. I decided on this one.

Gonna order some blue stripes for it. Some new wheels and tires to make it look nice.

Only two weeks with it, but love the hell out of this thing!
I don't like stripes on S550s, unless I had a white one! And they would be blue, so I'm right there with you on that.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
I'm starting to like the SVE GT7s more over the SVE S350s. My only gripe is that I wish the bronze were also on sale.
I like both rims. I really like the Gloss Graphite on the S350s if they were 19x10s i would jump on that price just to have them as another set. I have a set of MRR M600s, which is pretty much the same thing as the GT7s. So i really love both styles i just want gloss graphite type set.

Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
I like both rims. I really like the Gloss Graphite on the S350s if they were 19x10s i would jump on that price just to have them as another set. I have a set of MRR M600s, which is pretty much the same thing as the GT7s. So i really love both styles i just want gloss graphite type set.
I think I might end up buying the S350s because I always liked the look. The GT7s are tempting due to the price and they don't look bad either.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Yeah MRR has some textured bronze that Im thinking really, really hard about saving up for haha.

But all that being said I really think a liquid metal, brushed gunmetal or what have you would go alot better. Like USMC said.
Found another nice oxford white with blue stripe and black pin stripe photo.
FB_IMG_1557531322275.jpg

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I don't like stripes on S550s, unless I had a white one! And they would be blue, so I'm right there with you on that.
Yeah the old school Shelby GT500 had me fall in love with the Mustang. Now that I have an Oxford White one I HAVE to put some stripes on it :D

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
  • (2) 19x10 S350 Wheels
  • (2) 19x11 S350 Wheels
  • (2) 285/35/19 Nitto NT555 G2 Tires
  • (2) 305/35/19 Nitto NT555 G2 Tires
Those are the tires the LRM site is offering. Will those look good? LIke the sidewalls wont be all wacky like Ive seen with other tires?

Im really stuck between 19 inch and 20 inch tires. The ride quality is better with 19s isnt it? Or the bigger the better? Biggest tire Ive ever had was 17s haha.

Maybe I should go rent a car with like 20 inch tires!
Sponsored