Sponsored

V6 - Saving up for Mods, got some questions.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Will all 4 stock 18in wheels with tires fit in the mustang?
Yes they will fit in the car. If you aren't a big guy, you can fit 3 in the back row and 1 in the passenger seat. I've done it a few times now because i have my speaker box in the trunk that leaves no room to fit a wheel.

Tested with the premium 19s with tires, my current 20s without tires, and the stock 17s with tires. One kinda digs into the back of the drivers seat and it isn't comfortable (although I did drive like that for 1.5-2 hours when I picked up my 19s originally.
Sponsored

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
@Nagare Thanks for the good information. I actually only need drive 10min to my nearest Costco for tires.

I had a look at the wheels and they look great, looks and quality. I can't wait to mount them.

The TPMS also came and they look new. They each come in individual boxes with part numbers. I'm not sure if that is how they would come if I had bought them from the dealer. Do they work? That is for when I have them mounted next week.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT in Shadow Black
Ok so maybe this is a dumb question, since I think its been answered.

I can buy any of the 3 Inch GT Cat backs and it will bolt right on, just need a shop to do it right?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so maybe this is a dumb question, since I think its been answered.

I can buy any of the 3 Inch GT Cat backs and it will bolt right on, just need a shop to do it right?
Don't even need a shop, you can put your car on jack stands and get it done yourself if you really want to.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Don't even need a shop, you can put your car on jack stands and get it done yourself if you really want to.
Well I want to get the long headers, midpipe and exhaust all done at once. So I would do it if I was just getting the exhaust.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Well I want to get the long headers, midpipe and exhaust all done at once. So I would do it if I was just getting the exhaust.
Just remember man if you go longtubes it will require a shop unless u buy a complete longtube exhaust kit from like Borla which are pricey like 1g. Otherwise your piecing it together.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Just remember man if you go longtubes it will require a shop unless u buy a complete longtube exhaust kit from like Borla which are pricey like 1g. Otherwise your piecing it together.
And a tune. I know two shops here, one that specializes in muscle cars and has a great reputation.

Can you link an example of a complete longtube exhaust kit?

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
And a tune. I know two shops here, one that specializes in muscle cars and has a great reputation.

Google is your friend ....lol

I take that back....I answered that when I was tired. I was mixing up my 3.7L years thinking of my old Mustang setup. The 11-14s you could get a Borla, Bassani, etc full long tube exhaust kit. I have't seen anything for our year group. However, any 11-14 3.7L long tube header brand to include if there is an option to get an h-pipe or x pipe catted or off-road (non-catted) will fit our year Mustangs.

Last edited:

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Google is your friend ....lol

I take that back....I answered that when I was tired. I was mixing up my 3.7L years thinking of my old Mustang setup. The 11-14s you could get a Borla, Bassani, etc full long tube exhaust kit. I have't seen anything for our year group. However, any 11-14 3.7L long tube header brand to include if there is an option to get an h-pipe or x pipe catted or off-road (non-catted) will fit our year Mustangs.
Yeah I did google :D

So on another note, can you just use E85 gas? Do you need something to use it? How do you find it in your area? Is there a pump that looks different or something?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
You need injectors (use what your tuner recommends) and tune. E85 is a separate pump usually and the handle is a different color (I think yellow). There are some maps online you can use. Keep in mind you'll get about 30% lower fuel economy.

Sponsored

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Its yellow and will say e85 on the pump. Its very common in the midwest. You will need injectors. I dont recommend it unless your running boost. That's where you will see gains running e85.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Its yellow and will say e85 on the pump. Its very common in the midwest. You will need injectors. I dont recommend it unless your running boost. That's where you will see gains running e85.
Yeah I just saw a AM video about there 2018 Mustang GT and they just threw E85 into it, but never said a think about new injectors or anything.

Thought that was weird.

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Yeah I just saw a AM video about there 2018 Mustang GT and they just threw E85 into it, but never said a think about new injectors or anything.

Thought that was weird.
The GT tuned for e85 is a common performance upgrade. They actually see good gains. Us not so much, but apply boost and its a different story.

MarkDMKC1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
The GT tuned for e85 is a common performance upgrade. They actually see good gains. Us not so much, but apply boost and its a different story.
So the V8 doesnt need injectors?

Yeah Im seeing things for the V6 just disappear as Ford steps away from us and goes to that 4 cylinder.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
GT doesn't need it, V6 does. They use different injectors. I think the Eco needs different ones than stock as well. I think the common gains people are seeing NA for the Cyclone are around 8-15hp.
Sponsored