Sponsored

Used Pricing

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Stumbled on a 21 GT500 with under 100 miles on it. Very low optioned. Sticker when new was just under 80k. Seller as asking $100k. While it would be an upgrade on motor and brakes not much else is an upgrade from my M1. But it is a Shelby so there’s that. Am I right in thinking this is way high? At the end of the day it still a 3 year old used car. I might could see paying what it stickered for new but $20k over that I am having a real tough time justifying. Maybe if it had recaros, or the track pack stuff I would be more excited but for a very basic GT500 I am lukewarm. Thoughts?
Sponsored

First Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach1
I would spend the 20+K difference upgrading the Mach 1 instead. For the same amount you could get the meanest Mach 1 on the block or an older base GT500.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Seller is under the delusion it's still summer 2022 and people are still paying outrageous adm on new cars and thus he has a floor above his head.

Offer him no higher than 15% below MSRP.

But really just stick with the m1.

dbtgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Stumbled on a 21 GT500 with under 100 miles on it. Very low optioned. Sticker when new was just under 80k. Seller as asking $100k. While it would be an upgrade on motor and brakes not much else is an upgrade from my M1. But it is a Shelby so there’s that. Am I right in thinking this is way high? At the end of the day it still a 3 year old used car. I might could see paying what it stickered for new but $20k over that I am having a real tough time justifying. Maybe if it had recaros, or the track pack stuff I would be more excited but for a very basic GT500 I am lukewarm. Thoughts?
Waaayyy too much money for that car IMHO...

Sponsored

Akegler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500

If your looking for a deal, check out truecar, CFTP 21 GT500 is listed at under $92k, one owner, no accidents.

https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-f...tang/?utm_medium=sharing&utm_source=vdp_share

I didn’t check if it’s still available .

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

nmp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Raptor 2020 GT350R 2022 GT500
That price isn't even in the ballpark. Unfortunately this is what happens when prices fall from a strong market, sellers get mentally locked into the top prices they saw in the past. I wouldn't even pay msrp for just a bare spec 500 as used CFTP's are hovering near sticker. The 500 is a monster right out of the box and the prices will always be strong on them. I think you would be surprised how much different it is than a Mach 1. You can modifiy a M1 for big power but you will never get any of that money back. Take your time and find the car you want at a fair price.

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
I think that the price is high as well. That being said if the seller can get somebody to pay that price all the power too him, job well done.

Jamie R.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
87 gt, 2003 Lightning, 2000 Trans Am, 21' gt500
I would agree with the others on that’s high for that gt500. Personally I’d stick with the Mach, my daughter has a 22’ Mach, my son a 21 gt500, and I have a 20’ cftp gt500 and both my son and I love the Mach my daughter has. Good luck in whichever route you take as both are awesome cars.

Jamie R.
20’ Cftp Gt500

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
If you saw that M1s optioned similarly to your car and with similar miles as your car were selling for $100,000, would that bother you?? Shelby prices remaining high is not only good for Shelby owners, it is also good for the lower trims. Because a lot of people who might not be able to buy the Shelby might move to the next best thing and they'll likely be willing to pay more for it. So while I might not be inclined to pay $100K for a Shelby, I also know to keep a tight lip when I see high priced examples on the market for sale. I simply keep my mouth shut and watch to see what it does. If it sells then that is good for me.

Justgonna send it

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ty
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 6spd
Buy a nice GT PP or Mach 1 SLAP a Whipple on it and bust Shelby’s ass all day long and twice on Sunday and it will still Be reliable
Sponsored