Used 19 vs New 22

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
And it's not a pandemic special that's possibly made under less than ideal conditions.
I bought my '19 april 2021 with just under 19k on it, absolutely zero problems. i didnt want to say that and jinx myself! lol. i just turned over 50k this week.

the must haves for me were premium and PP1. I wanted the brembos and suspension upgrades, more so the brembos. i paid 38k for mine, which is high, but also, similarly optioned cars with similar miles were going for over 40k just a few months after i got mine.

i'd have no qualms about buying one with 9k on it, but id do some due diligence on its past, to the extent that you're able to. the warranty is a separate issue though.
Sponsored

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
Definitely a tough decision, I personally would do the '19 but I would get a warranty for sure. I just can't live without the premium options after having them lol. Good luck

nustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, performance pak, active exhaust
when you go to sell - what will it be worth. 5 years from now its unlikely this market will sustain itself. I'd checkout 'black book' and similar sites for current valuations, and cap any offer you make at those levels.
Typically your new car drops about 20-30% as you drive it off the lot. Used car should reflect this depreciation ++ for years older & mileage.
Seeing one car and getting stuck on it ... look into more choices. Auto trader? other used car sites? see what else is in the area.

Me - I miss leather in a premium, and thats it. Katskinz can fix that inexpensively. I vote for new base model over used.

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
when you go to sell - what will it be worth. 5 years from now its unlikely this market will sustain itself. I'd checkout 'black book' and similar sites for current valuations, and cap any offer you make at those levels.
Typically your new car drops about 20-30% as you drive it off the lot. Used car should reflect this depreciation ++ for years older & mileage.
Seeing one car and getting stuck on it ... look into more choices. Auto trader? other used car sites? see what else is in the area.

Me - I miss leather in a premium, and thats it. Katskinz can fix that inexpensively. I vote for new base model over used.
Heated/cooled seats. 8'' screen. There's a few more niceties than just the leather.

fdl2phx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shadow Black Mustang Bullitt
I was in your position just last week, OP. You can see from my signature which way I went. Took the '19 with 5k miles, and a Bullitt to boot, for about $7k less than a comparably priced GT with 401a, Perf Pack, Active Exhaust, and Magnaride would MSRP for. Difference in rate was .25%. Still have 3yr warranty until Sept and picked up an 8yr ESP from Granger for a very respectable cost.

But I agree, it can be a dice roll. This one was super clean carfax, one owner. So I took the shot. New will always be the overall safer bet.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Chomperr

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
When I started to look I was seeing 20 and 21 GT Premiums (401A with A10) with less than 10K miles for low to mid 40's. I ordered a fairly well loaded 2022 GT Premium (401A, A10, Active Exhaust, B&O tunes, Black Accent, 3.55 gear, Cyber Orange paint) with an MSRP of $50,415 and bought it for $45,968 - $1,000 for ordering it. So brand new for basically what I was seeing used ones for.
When we’re you looking? How did you get that much off msrp?

Take the used, Offer $37k, settle at $39K, spend $1k on the Ford ESP from Flood.
Unfortunately the dealer is not playing ball. They really have no reason to either. Mustangs and really any performance vehicles are high demand in my area. IF they did drop it to $39k or lower I’d buy it today. But yeah they’re not budging at all because they know someone else will overpay.

I got a 2020 HPP vert premium with 10 K miles $11K cheaper than '22 MSRP on same. Ordered a silver / red one as well. Premium is nice to have.

Can't go wrong with either one really.
As nice as the instant gratification would be with getting the 19 I think I’m just going to wait for my order. The dealer is not budging off the 42k. If it was 40k or less I would probably go get it. The premium features are nice for sure but not must haves for me

Yeah as I said previously Mustangs are hard to come by where I live. Even BEFORE the pandemic happened. Peak driving conditions year around. I do not exaggerate when I say I’ve been keeping tabs on Mustang listings for the last several years now. My life and finances have not allowed me to get a GT until now.

I’ve already hedged my bets with my custom order so I’m not really stuck on any particular listing. The only option I REALLY missed is the 8 inch Sync 3. I despise the calculator radio. I’m coming from a 2016 base v6, so an otherwise optionless 22 301A is already a massive upgrade for me. Plus it’s within my budget. I’m currently beating around in my fiancé’s Toyota which we are keeping. I sold my V6 to get out of the car note and pocketed a few grand.

Anyways, that said I’m always down for a good deal or value. Hard to come by these days. So that’s what really prompted my interest and this post asking if the 19 was worth it.

ay1820

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
With all this input, I am starting to feel bad for the OP! 😮 :)

The good news is that you have two good choices, so go with your gut and enjoy!

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I’ll admit that I have been trained over the years to always be aware of what things are worth dollar-wise.

Having said that, it’s hard for me to believe that choosing between a brand new car and a three year old car with no factory warranty would even merit serious discussion, options notwithstanding.

But, as often is the case, looks like I’m wrong.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
When we’re you looking? How did you get that much off msrp?

Unfortunately the dealer is not playing ball. They really have no reason to either. Mustangs and really any performance vehicles are high demand in my area. IF they did drop it to $39k or lower I’d buy it today. But yeah they’re not budging at all because they know someone else will overpay.

As nice as the instant gratification would be with getting the 19 I think I’m just going to wait for my order. The dealer is not budging off the 42k. If it was 40k or less I would probably go get it. The premium features are nice for sure but not must haves for me

Yeah as I said previously Mustangs are hard to come by where I live. Even BEFORE the pandemic happened. Peak driving conditions year around. I do not exaggerate when I say I’ve been keeping tabs on Mustang listings for the last several years now. My life and finances have not allowed me to get a GT until now.

I’ve already hedged my bets with my custom order so I’m not really stuck on any particular listing. The only option I REALLY missed is the 8 inch Sync 3. I despise the calculator radio. I’m coming from a 2016 base v6, so an otherwise optionless 22 301A is already a massive upgrade for me. Plus it’s within my budget. I’m currently beating around in my fiancé’s Toyota which we are keeping. I sold my V6 to get out of the car note and pocketed a few grand.

Anyways, that said I’m always down for a good deal or value. Hard to come by these days. So that’s what really prompted my interest and this post asking if the 19 was worth it.
Started looking in January. Got a lot of bullshit and lies from some dealers local to me. That in and of itself is probably worthy of a thread of its own.

Anyway, saw on here @Zach@Granger was offering 4% BELOW MSRP on ordered Mustang GTs and a Ford was offering at the time an additional $1,000 off for ordering. A brief back and forth with him and one of his employees and the order was placed Feb 10th and as of today it’s “In Production” on the “Trim Line” so it should be done being built today or tomorrow. I expect to see it by mid-June. So far the prIves’s with Granger Ford has been amazingly smooth and it’s nice to see a no bullshit dealer that will give you straight answers and very good customer service.

Bedub76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bret
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Credit to them. You know they are still making money on the sale of the car. I think we are going to see more dealerships like Granger that are willing to order cars at "fair" prices vs the majority of the dealerships that are money grabbing. I also think that we will be paying a premium for a car that is already on the lot.
The great days of finding last year leftovers for crazy prices are unfortunately over.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
$45k sticker is really my hard limit due to budgeting and simply not wanting to spend any more than that on a vehicle.
A Premium A10 with no other options still puts me over that amount.

It physically pains me to see how low prices were just a couple years ago…unfortunately I didn’t have the income back then.
Ford is sending me stuggffon discounted extended serviceearranty.i bought a 10 year when I bought my 19.but since you don't know how hard it was driven I wouldn't touch it without warranty extension

OP
OP
Chomperr

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Started looking in January. Got a lot of bullshit and lies from some dealers local to me. That in and of itself is probably worthy of a thread of its own.

Anyway, saw on here @Zach@Granger was offering 4% BELOW MSRP on ordered Mustang GTs and a Ford was offering at the time an additional $1,000 off for ordering. A brief back and forth with him and one of his employees and the order was placed Feb 10th and as of today it’s “In Production” on the “Trim Line” so it should be done being built today or tomorrow. I expect to see it by mid-June. So far the prIves’s with Granger Ford has been amazingly smooth and it’s nice to see a no bullshit dealer that will give you straight answers and very good customer service.
Nice. Hope you get your car on time. I’ve read all the praise for Granger here but I live in Nevada so I’m not even remotely close to those dealers offering under invoice.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. Hope you get your car on time. I’ve read all the praise for Granger here but I live in Nevada so I’m not even remotely close to those dealers offering under invoice.
Totally understand. There is a dealer local to me that I’ve done a lot of business with. I told them give me your best no B S offer if I order. They said invoice and failed to mention the $1,000 back from Ford. When I told them I ordered from Granger and what the deal was they said they could match that. I said too late, as they had their chance. Granger is about four hours drive time but I’ll likely burn up some of the wife’s gagillion Sky Miles and just fly there.

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got the email it has been built and the estimated ETA to the dealer is week of June 1st

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
Depending on how long you plan to keep it, the more option car should hold its value better than a base car. Personally if it was basically stock without the GT350 bumper I would do the 2019, as the 2022's have less HP. Plus you are getting better options.
5-10 years from now those options would mean more to me than 3 years newer, everything else being equal.
Sponsored