Sponsored

What's the deal with part prices - used vs new??

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Well - ironically enough - this very subject just reared its head on Ebay. So I was watching a complete take off 4 piston GT Brake set. 14" rotors, calipers and hoses. A no brainer upgrade for my V6 car. I'd already priced everything out before I set my max bid. So I got outbid. The setup went for $255+$75 shipping.

I just bought used calipers for $130 shipped. I bought new rotors for $108 shipped. New brake lines for $39 shipped and I'm getting ready to order new pads for $30 shipped.

I planned on taking the calipers apart and painting them (BC/CC) anyway so I ordered a pair of rebuild kits for the calipers - $18 shipped for both.

So for $5 less than the Ebay selling price, I'll have all new / rebuilt parts.

Someone was willing to pay more than me for used parts. I get that. I just wonder if anyone actually does any research before clicking BID? LOL

Still not a bad price on the 4 pots. Much cheaper than new. Shelby of America usually puts new takeoffs on eBay. They have v6 brake setups, 4 pot brake setups, and even a few 6 pot setups sometimes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ctandc72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT 6 speed Base
Vehicle Showcase
I sometimes wonder if the process of bidding gets under bidder's skin and they have to win, but then they lose.
Could be. I have a good friend who is a car guy. Apparently a couple of years ago he was having trouble sleeping and ended up taking Ambien. That didn't last - he overpaid for a bunch of stuff on Ebay and swears up and down he doesn't remember doing it. :lol:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Could be. I have a good friend who is a car guy. Apparently a couple of years ago he was having trouble sleeping and ended up taking Ambien. That didn't last - he overpaid for a bunch of stuff on Ebay and swears up and down he doesn't remember doing it. :lol:
Isn't one of the side effects sleep walking?