Sponsored

Used 19 vs New 22

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT ; 2016 Mustang V6 (Sold)
Found a used 2019 GT with 9k miles at an Audi dealer for $42k. I’m assuming the original owner traded it in for something more practical. I’m not sure why else they would put a bunch of money into cosmetics and trade it so soon. The carfax is clean with only AC compressor replaced. It’s a Premium with 400A, Black Accent Package, and Active Exhaust confirmed on the window sticker. It appears unmodified besides cosmetics. They swapped the wheels and they also have the gt350 aftermarket front end.

I have a 22 on order for 43.6k. My order is a base with 300A and Black Accents, no other options.

I liked the Used one. It’s the same color as my order and has the premium options. It’s still basically brand new. I like the turn signal side mirrors and pony projectors. The larger spoiler. Heated/Cooled Leather seats. I don’t have any of that with my base order. Plus with active I probably wouldn’t feel the need to buy a new exhaust right away like I would with my non AE.

I know $42k is high but what would be an acceptable price? Should I just stick with my 22 ordered?
Sponsored

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
That's tough. The Premium options are nice (and worth it)

I'd lean going with the 22 vs the 19, but wouldn't fault you either way. Mainly because your bumper to bumper is likely over.

You might be able to get them to do a little better on price (good luck lol).

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT

I'd lean going with the 22 vs the 19, but wouldn't fault you either way. Mainly because your bumper to bumper is likely over.

That would be my worry is the warranty….

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
NEW!! or roll the dice. I wouldn't buy a used Mustang unless I KNEW the history.
The MY 22 may have a few more bugs worked out IMO too.

OP
OP
Chomperr

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Bumper to bumper and corrosion expire in September. Power train expires in Sept 2024. So there’s that.

I directly asked right off the bat if there is any wiggle room. They said no, as expected. There is no leverage at all for buyers in this market. Walking away doesn’t work anymore. I don’t have a trade in either.

I thought about going for a test drive and trying to play hardball in person but I already know it will likely be pointless. Not even worth the gas to drive across the city to see it.

but still I’m curious what everyone on here thinks

Sponsored

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
In today's market, with all those options it's hard to think you'll do much better than that price on the 19. Being at an Audi dealer, that means you won't be getting it certified most likely. So it sounds like it comes down to what you value more: the premium options or the full warranty.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
used cars marked up more than new in this market. If you ordered a car you should have gotten a good deal.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I walked away from several very low milage Bullit s and got new M1 for less cause I ordered it and waited.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
You could always buy Fords extended warranty. It would probably put you close to the price of the 22 but it's still a much more nicely optioned car.

YankeeVol

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Darrell
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT/CS, '22 F-150 Tremor
Bumper to bumper and corrosion expire in September. Power train expires in Sept 2024. So there’s that.

I directly asked right off the bat if there is any wiggle room. They said no, as expected. There is no leverage at all for buyers in this market. Walking away doesn’t work anymore. I don’t have a trade in either.

I thought about going for a test drive and trying to play hardball in person but I already know it will likely be pointless. Not even worth the gas to drive across the city to see it.

but still I’m curious what everyone on here thinks
I know how it is right now (hence why I said good luck lol).

After having a standard GT and a couple premiums, I'd never get a "base" GT.

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
good points, maybe order the GT you want then, still a better value IMO. I got a M1, 700 (premium), tremec for $10K more than that used 19. Not sure if you can reach higher on your purchase price to really get what you want. I just hate to see someone buy someone else problems.
Yankeevol had both so his advise may be better.

Last edited:

331GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
1995 DFG GT vert, 2019 Oxford White GT PP1
id do the 19 with premium options personally. 9k is low mileage.

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Buy new and if you can get the options you want.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Consider in the price - if you're financing, used rates are higher.

OP
OP
Chomperr

Chomperr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
good points, maybe order the GT you want then, still a better value IMO. I got a M1, 700 (premium), tremec for $10K more than that used 19. Not sure if you can reach higher on your purchase price to really get what you want. I just hate to see someone buy someone else problems.
Yankeevol had both so he s advise may be better.
$45k sticker is really my hard limit due to budgeting and simply not wanting to spend any more than that on a vehicle.
A Premium A10 with no other options still puts me over that amount.

It physically pains me to see how low prices were just a couple years ago…unfortunately I didn’t have the income back then.
Sponsored

Last edited: