Sponsored

[Updated]: 11.0@128 so far for GT500 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Erik427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1979 Mustang
Pretty impressive for the altitude and prep. Imagine what it could do without all the rotating mass and coolers that are there for heavy road course use only? They should've just kept the GT350 the track king and made this thing destroy on boulevard and strip.
For once, we agree on something.
Just stated this on Yellow Bullet.

This car should be running low tens at it's worse.

But at least we have the Mach E, right?
Sponsored

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
10.6 - 10.7 car running 11 flat in blistering heat after being abused with idiot drivers - and that’s if it’s legit.

This is why the car doesn’t have a manual to launch. These goons would be running 14s.

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Venom evidently does not kill Demons,

Ford fucked up going after GM in the ZL1, Dodge is kicking GMs ass in sales via marketing and a straight up badass ancient chassis.

First impressions mean everything these days to the short attention span laymen. Ford should have put ANYTHING up proving it's a "sub 11 sec car" it clearly hasn't been a 10 yet unless your a seasoned drag racer, and at this time of year why take it to one of the worst possible climates ( it ain't 112 in August Vegas either, high 70s) to let idiots "track" it.. There's wonderful air almost everywhere in the country now ...Good grief

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
At the end of the day it is still a badass car, and owners will be modifying them to high heaven anyway.I'm sure we will see GT500s in the 9s and 8s within the first 6-12 months.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
10.6 - 10.7 car running 11 flat in blistering heat after being abused with idiot drivers - and that’s if it’s legit.

This is why the car doesn’t have a manual to launch. These goons would be running 14s.
Meanwhile over on Camaro6. Whenever the GT500 will be mentioned. Going forward It’ll be an 11.3 car.:facepalm::giggle:

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Venom evidently does not kill Demons,

Ford fucked up going after GM in the ZL1, Dodge is kicking GMs ass in sales via marketing and a straight up badass ancient chassis.

First impressions mean everything these days to the short attention span laymen. Ford should have put ANYTHING up proving it's a "sub 11 sec car" it clearly hasn't been a 10 yet unless your a seasoned drag racer, and at this time of year why take it to one of the worst possible climates ( it ain't 112 in August Vegas either, high 70s) to let idiots "track" it.. There's wonderful air almost everywhere in the country now ...Good grief
Most of which follows is not necessarily directed towards you, but for the sake of discussion.

I dont think anyone disputes that the rollout was botched and mismanaged. Ignorance? Arrogance? Incompetence? All of the above? I would have approached this from a completely different angle. It would have been my best drivers, at the best track......period. I would have showcased the car in every manner and demonstrate its capabilities before having amateur hour at the wrong track for all the world to see. Flat out, they screwed up.

Why vegas? Well my best guess is product loyalty and a timeline. Dont forget Shelby American is in Vegas. Dont think for a second that Ford and their upper level GT500 team isnt working very close with them and there is a lot of brand loyalty between the two. Next is the movie that is about to come out..... Ford vs Ferrari. I could go on and on, but that is my estimation for "why Vegas" and "why amateur hour". Let's just say the plan may have sounded good or looked good on paper, but here we are.... in a thread that the mods had to intervene into and run off an organized troll attack (which lately has been allowed to run rampant) from a wide spectrum of Ford haters.

We still dont know the weight of the CFTP. Soon enough I guess.

The dust will settle. Ford sooner or later will release the data and times from testing at the various tracks we have been reading about. And soon enough the they will be discovered by capable hands (some of which are here) when the car is released and the embargo removed. Ford and its team know exactly what this car is capable of and yet they put in the hands of amateurs for the world to see first? At Vegas? Its a shame they spent all those years engineering and testing the crap out of the car only to see this kind of demonstration of PR and timing.

Edited to add: it's not too late. I hope the GT500 team realizes how important this event really is and puts some qualified people in the seat to demonstrate and document what this car can do. Who knows, maybe that has been the plan all along. Usually the track tour is an event hosted by Ford where previous owners and enthusiasts are invited to see the new car and demonstrate its capabilities. It seems to me that this is nothing but a PR press event (gone wrong, so far).

Last edited:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Hmm, ya think? Like I said in an earlier post. Amateur hour.
From what ford was reporting I thought this would be quicker than a ford gt. We'll see when they get into the customers hands.
Meanwhile over on Camaro6. Whenever the GT500 will be mentioned. Going forward It’ll be an 11.3 car.:facepalm::giggle:
sit tight.
Im being told what we have seen, is not whats happening. What we have seen, is indeed novice drivers.
Tuesday they are allowed to post

cib24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Mazda RX-7 Type RS
From what ford was reporting I thought this would be quicker than a ford gt. We'll see when they get into the customers hands.
Why would a 4200lb front engined car be quicker than a 3300lb mid engine supercar? No way out of the box it would hang with the Ford GT in a straight line.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Already has by our favorite poster.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
sit tight.
Im being told what we have seen, is not whats happening. What we have seen, is indeed novice drivers.
Tuesday they are allowed to post
I dont think for a minute that the the car is not capable of what was anticipated, but so far, well, its obvious.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Something has been bugging me. At this point, it seems obvious that the cars will easily break into the 10s at sea level.... BUT

They keep stating sub-11s as the benchmark. Is sub11s low elevens? Can it be confused for low 11s? Is that why they worded it that way - just to CYA? Otherwise - why not say "It runs 10s"?

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I dont think for a minute that the the car is not capable of what was anticipated, but so far, well, its obvious.
Something has been bugging me. At this point, it seems obvious that the cars will easily break into the 10s at sea level.... BUT

They keep stating sub-11s as the benchmark. Is sub11s low elevens? Can it be confused for low 11s? Is that why they worded it that way - just to CYA? Otherwise - why not say "It runs 10s"?
I asked if the cars THERE have been faster than 11.0 / 129. The response was "yes, you will see when you get here. You posting these junk runs from novice drivers is killing me, lol. I represented for sure"

So again, Evan today, me monday , everyone allowed to post tuesday, especially with conditions against them/us.. we will know its just as fast, if not faster than Ford has claimed thus far. I am no longer concerned, and believe Ford has given us what we needed