Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
i am pretty sure it makes no more than the stated spec'ed HP. even if different it would be very minimal.
Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
You captured my info from the gen3 n/a thread incorrectly. My 445 stock number is backed up with a sheet and a 1/4 mile slip. Also I have no aftermarket CAI, just a drop in K&N filter. Funny how you list it as "suspect" haha. The shop calling it a factory freak isn't implying it's suspect or I'm lying.

My 472.03 also lists CAI but again, I don't have one...just the drop-in.
What did it run in the 1/4 stock for ya?

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
What did it run in the 1/4 stock for ya?
My best with stock tune on bias ply rear tires with 17x9 bullets, skinnies in front, K&N drop-in, and BMR IRS goodies was 11.32 @ 123. I also ran 11.55/11.56 @ 121 without the skinnies and with passenger seat in (again, stock tune).

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG Mach 1 #M5810, 2018 Mazda CX-5 Ultimate
Not a Mach 1 topic discussed, but I find it quite informative on where the GT350 manifold stands and what it adds to the mach 1.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/tech-sto...old-shootout-gt-gt350-boss-302-and-cobra-jet/

Now, I was wondering why there's a clear difference in the low rpms between normal and track mode, but I guess this review answers my question. Obviously track mode is tuned for mid-high rpm, so running above 4500k produces the most power. Normal and sport+ seem to be in the 'standart' GT manifold tune with boost of power in low rpms.

Another thing is that it seems the GT350 manifold is most balanced, although not highest performer. It also makes sence as it is most versatile accross various purposes, so again I think this makes the Mach 1 best of both worlds.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
Not a Mach 1 topic discussed, but I find it quite informative on where the GT350 manifold stands and what it adds to the mach 1.

https://www.fordmuscle.com/tech-sto...old-shootout-gt-gt350-boss-302-and-cobra-jet/

Now, I was wondering why there's a clear difference in the low rpms between normal and track mode, but I guess this review answers my question. Obviously track mode is tuned for mid-high rpm, so running above 4500k produces the most power. Normal and sport+ seem to be in the 'standart' GT manifold tune with boost of power in low rpms.

Another thing is that it seems the GT350 manifold is most balanced, although not highest performer. It also makes sense as it is most versatile across various purposes, so again I think this makes the Mach 1 best of both worlds.
Just a few points, but I don't really know how much they will affect your viewpoint / interpretation of that article :
  • It was written in 2016 so I believe the GT manifold will be the old / pre facelift type.
  • I understand the facelift 18+ GT manifold is a considerable improvement over the 15-17 GT manifold that was tested ?
  • I'm not completely sure how the drive modes differ in tuning, but I think your comment on the Mach normal and sport tune being the GT tune are well off.
  • I 'think' the modes have more of an effect on throttle response, gearbox tuning (if A10), exhaust mode and magneride settings rather then providing a different power / torque curve.
  • I 'suspect' a WOT power run in either normal, sport or track would produce a identical power / torque curve.
I'm happy to be educated either way on this :like:

WD :like:

Sponsored

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
Just a few points, but I don't really know how much they will affect your viewpoint / interpretation of that article :
  • It was written in 2016 so I believe the GT manifold will be the old / pre facelift type.
  • I understand the facelift 18+ GT manifold is a considerable improvement over the 15-17 GT manifold that was tested ?
  • I'm not completely sure how the drive modes differ in tuning, but I think your comment on the Mach normal and sport tune being the GT tune are well off.
  • I 'think' the modes have more of an effect on throttle response, gearbox tuning (if A10), exhaust mode and magneride settings rather then providing a different power / torque curve.
  • I 'suspect' a WOT power run in either normal, sport or track would produce a identical power / torque curve.

I'm not into technical details how things actually work, I just feel the car while driving and trying to figure out why it behaves the way it does.
My M1 is manual, so drive modes won't affect gearbox behavior.
Magneride is definitely stiffest at track mode, while sport+ and normal are set for comfort ride.
Still, throttle response is different on track mode than in sport+ and normal.
As far as I know manifolds, through a system of internal valves, change incoming airflow and reuse negative pressure to get kind of "forced induction" effect when flowing air to cylinders. Tuning controls timing of this system of valves and changes how much and when air gets to cylinders. So I think drive modes modify these presets - normal gets shorter time for airflow getting low rpm power, track works the opposite way resulting in lower power on low rpm and better performance on high revs.
I mentioned in some of my previous posts, in normal mode car is more responsive in the range 1500-3500rpm, then between 3500 and 5500 is a bit slower and after 5500 power increases again faster. Track mode is more linear, between 1500 and 3500 gains slower, then 3500 to 5000 is more steep and 5500 onwards goes crazy.
I guess overall output won't change in terms of power, however how fast you get max power and at what rpm is the sweet spot, those I assume are subject to the drive modes tune. To me it makes sence track mode to get optimal power output with sufficient reserve in the range between 4500 and 5500rpm, as this is where you would be when cornering. When cruising one would be in the range 2500-4000 where consumption is favored over performance.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Another thing is that it seems the GT350 manifold is most balanced, although not highest performer. It also makes sence as it is most versatile accross various purposes, so again I think this makes the Mach 1 best of both worlds.

Rhyanski

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
So... mystery revealed! Throttle response only, nothing fancy... sad...

eemcclain

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
I will likely be doing 3 dyno runs soon:

1) Bone stock
2) Bone stock sans HC trap
3) With Kooks 1-7/8" LTH and Steeda H-pipe installed (with a tune)

I'll post results once I have them.
Finally got around to doing this.

I did not get a true stock baseline as I had already removed the HC trap including tube.

Baseline (w/out HC trap): 427 whp
Add Kooks 1-7/8" LTH w/green cats and Steeda H-pipe and Flex tune: 447 whp

Seems low, but whatever. Temp was high 80's with baro pressure around 30.0 inHg.

Will eventually get around to filling her up with E85 and go back to the dyno. Will post those results as well.

Boosted_8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M5
I was here looking for the difference between 1&3/4" headers Vs 1&7/8" on a Mach 1. Not sure if that's going to be easy to find.
Sponsored