Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Good grief, when would you ever need or want to go 170MPH? These top speed discussions are head shakers at best.
The raceway near me does airstrip days where people just drive for top speed runs. I'm sure it's fun. No need to head shake.
Sponsored

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
One should ask, why aren't you trolling the Prius forums ? I blew thru 150 several times on the way back to TX from Zack's after picking up my car this past Friday. As soon as Steeda has a tune ready, I'm headed to Valdosta. There is no such thing as to fast nor, too much horsepower. Based upon your mindset, we'd still be riding a jackass into Bethlehem, just like another well known player.
Whoa now, lol. That was a fulfillment of prophecy. Street driving at 150+ mph is a whole different, criminal behavior.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
One should ask, why aren't you trolling the Prius forums ? I blew thru 150 several times on the way back to TX from Zack's after picking up my car this past Friday. As soon as Steeda has a tune ready, I'm headed to Valdosta. There is no such thing as to fast nor, too much horsepower. Based upon your mindset, we'd still be riding a jackass into Bethlehem, just like another well known player.
Shouldn't be hard, just likely going to port the Bullitt tune.

Also 150 on public roads in massively irresponsible. It doesn't make you cool, just makes you an asshole.

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I’ve driven in Texas, and it’s quite different there… Ain’t no way anybody’s going 150 on any road in western Pennsylvania. Too many twists and hills!

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

faser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
scott
Vehicle(s)
mustang/cadillac

Also 150 on public roads in massively irresponsible. It doesn't make you cool, just makes you an asshole.
Yes, and a very dangerous, stupid, asshole.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Whoa now, lol. That was a fulfillment of prophecy. Street driving at 150+ mph is a whole different, criminal behavior.
Not the first to do it, won't be the last either. When I do it I am extremely careful. Being an alum of the Texas mile, it isn't anything new. Now what is criminal is street racing and some of the other crap these kids are doing in intersections.

Sponsored

hbash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1

I heard that Ford is planning on producing a Tune for the Mach 1. Not sure when though.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
So, If you take a Mustang to race in a pure stock class, do they check to see if you have a tune to allow the Mustang to surpass the 170 mph limit ?

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Depends on the track I would suppose.

20CanadianBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang BULLITT L1667
I wish I could experience 100 MPH in my BULLITT. Here in Ontario, if you are caught going 50 KPH over any posted speed limit, you are charged with either
Stunt driving or street racing. What that means is: (this is from our government website)

Drivers who are involved in stunt driving or street racing are subject to:
• an immediate seven-day driver’s licence suspension
• an immediate seven-day vehicle impoundment at roadside (whether it is your vehicle or not)
• a minimum fine of $2,000 and a maximum fine of $10,000
• a jail term of up to six months
• a post-conviction licence suspension of up to two years for the first conviction, and up to 10 years for a second conviction within 10 years
• six demerit points

So our highway speed limit is 100 KPH which is 62 MPH. If I get caught doing 150 KPH or 93 MPH, I get all of the above. In fairness, I’ve never heard of anyone going to jail or losing their licence for 2 years but everything else is fair game. And 6 demerit points will triple your insurance rates for 5 years!

We have a toll highway north of Toronto, speed limit 100 KPH. Go out there any Saturday evening and you’ll see Porsches, Lambos, all types of high end cars being loaded on to flatbeds and the drivers waiting for an Uber!!
Sponsored