RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
So far the only Mustang meetup I've gone to is Pony Up's Mustang Mondays at Biff's. They are very cool people!
Every time I go to the Quaker meets someone tells me to go to these. I need to commit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Here's a good picture from the last Pony Up event at Biff's. You can see my car on the right, there. I was worried that there would be no other Ecoboosts, but 2 others showed up. Even split between '15 GTs and Ecos.
10649626_10155543083265051_5987828006315759809_n (1).jpg

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I just like when you put your signal on to change lanes so you can make a turn and some dickhead tries to speed up to keep you from getting over. A rev matched down shift to third solves that issue really fast.
lmao yeah, I went to go around probably 5 cars held up in the left lane by some turd in a diesel truck the other day. Time I get about 2 cars in to the right lane pass because of this moron, all I see is black smoke from his tailpipe. I thought oh hell no, put it in 4th and smoked his dumbass. He flicked me off and threw on his high beams, I waved and quickly put car lengths between us. It's always the lifted trucks though around here that think they are going to put their foot in the gas and keep someone over. Same thing I noticed when driving my dad's Prowler. Same thing in my previous Challenger RT and BMW. Kings of the left lane, I guess. :shrug:

And I usually don't turn my signal on until I've already started making the move. And when I notice they are trying to box me in, I put it on when I'm completely over---now that really makes them mad lol

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
And I usually don't turn my signal on until I've already started making the move. And when I notice they are trying to box me in, I put it on when I'm completely over---now that really makes them mad lol
everyone should know that's the only way to merge. when you put your signals on, all you're doing is giving the person notice that you're trying to get in so they can close the gap on you.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
everyone should know that's the only way to merge. when you put your signals on, all you're doing is giving the person notice that you're trying to get in so they can close the gap on you.
Some folks get such joy from inconveniencing others. Even though it literally makes no difference in time to them (and, if you're trying to get to your exit, it could make a much bigger difference to you), they will work hard to ensure you don't get where you want to go. People go out of their way to screw others on the road. It's lunacy. Half the reason I wanted a Mustang was to make sure I had the power to get around these asshats before they could close the gap on me.

It helps when they are too slow to cut you off. Even the BMW drivers who think they are hot stuff because they could afford a 3-series with the weakest motor option -- which are the worst (generally -- again, there are exceptions), in my opinion.

Sponsored

Noobtastic14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB ruby red
I've actually been disappointed so far :(

Nobody wants to go here in Hampton Roads!

-Drew

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
On the topic of fast trucks, yes they do exist, but most don't take corners very well. They might keep up/beat us on the straight, but lets go around a corner...you know...because Mustangs can go around corners now..:lol:

EngineerDave

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 401A + Extras, 98 F-250LD
I've had a few people try to race me in my GT... of course most of them were dumb rednecks in lifted diesel trucks.
So far people who have tried to race me:

20?? Chevy Impala
2003 Ford Explorer
A few lifted trucks primarily Dodge Rams.
Some Riced out honda with bent bottlecaps for wheels and a fartcan the size of a pringles can.

So far undefeated at the light.

u8mylunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Corvette, 2003 Audi A6, 1984 Ford F150
Some folks get such joy from inconveniencing others. Even though it literally makes no difference in time to them (and, if you're trying to get to your exit, it could make a much bigger difference to you), they will work hard to ensure you don't get where you want to go. People go out of their way to screw others on the road. It's lunacy. Half the reason I wanted a Mustang was to make sure I had the power to get around these asshats before they could close the gap on me.

It helps when they are too slow to cut you off. Even the BMW drivers who think they are hot stuff because they could afford a 3-series with the weakest motor option -- which are the worst (generally -- again, there are exceptions), in my opinion.
Legally in Oklahoma once a person uses their turn signal to merge, traffic has to allow the merge. I have seen it where the local police has ticketed for such offense. Must have been a slow day for them but it is on the books.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT

20?? Chevy Impala
2003 Ford Explorer
Some Riced out honda with bent bottlecaps for wheels and a fartcan the size of a pringles can.

I love the fart cans. God, beating up on them is fun and satisfying. It's bad enough that when asked to name my car, I called her the Fart Can Killer. I don't have any desire to beat guys who drop north of $50k into their cars (I leave the Vettes alone), but ricers with fart cans? Can't resist.

Sponsored

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost

20?? Chevy Impala
2003 Ford Explorer

Be careful of those Impala's. The LTZ's (3.9L) and the SS's (4.2L? V8) are not slouches. One missed shift and they have you. The Ecoboost is quick but that stupid clutch pedal is still causing me occasional launch mistakes.

Wblv17

older fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2014 5.7HEMI Ram and 2015 eco boost race red pp
sounds like a lot of street racing, take it to the track then talk about it here. Street racing talk is a no no.

wildsailor

This Club for me?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
sounds like a lot of street racing, take it to the track then talk about it here. Street racing talk is a no no.
Nope, no racing. I owned several Impalas. If ever there was such a thing as a modern sleeper these are it. The base LT 3.5L is a dog.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Nope, no racing. I owned several Impalas. If ever there was such a thing as a modern sleeper these are it. The base LT 3.5L is a dog.
The fiance and I rented a Impala in San Diego with the 3.5, everytime we entered the freeway (60mph), I felt it is necessary to do so at full throttle...so you get up to speed in time and not get rear ended, right? Well she was not impressed by the tire screeching leaving the on-ramp lights at full throttle, but man that was fun lol.

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
I've noticed an inverse relationship between truck height and intelligence. I understand some diesels are fast, but for every one that is, there is another 500 that just want to blow black smoke everywhere. At least around here, anyway.
I dunno, I've seen some idiots in slammed trucks as well.

On a side note, diesels have a built in smoke screen to help them win races. :D
Sponsored