Sponsored

Unexpected positive from owning an Ecoboost

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I enjoying hooning the car at stoplights. Can't help it. When I was test-driving a GT around (Gods, what a car), nobody wanted to race it. People seem to fear it, and for good reason.

The Ecoboost, on the other hand... it seems like people thought it was a V6, since it has no badging. Or maybe they knew it was an Eco, and dismissed it as a pathetic 4 banger. Either way, I get a lot more people wanting to be embarrassed by the car.

Where I live, there are a ton of idiots who bought Challengers with the V6. At least in a Mustang, the V6 is good power for the weight of the car. The Challengers are freaking boats, overweight as all hell. And they always want to race my '15 Ecoboost.

To say it's not even fair is an understatement. But it is fun. The Ecoboost is a very underestimated car.
Sponsored

CJ4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base 6MT
Yeah, with a tune and a CAI you'll be far quicker than most people expect. Definitely a really solid option between the v6 and the v8.

Branden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
I've had a few people try to race me in my GT... of course most of them were dumb rednecks in lifted diesel trucks.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I've had a few people try to race me in my GT... of course most of them were dumb rednecks in lifted diesel trucks.
And I thought the Challenger V6 racers were dumb. That takes the cake. Diesel trucks? Rofl.

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
Diesel trucks? Rofl.
I have a friend with a Ford diesel dually that is FAST. Catless, tuned and propane injection. On the street it gets great traction and will hurt a lot of cars from stoplight to stoplight. Don't knock diesels, you never know who you are messing with.

Sponsored

DiEzel

GTFO OG - The Professor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white GT Premium PP
I have a friend with a Ford diesel dually that is FAST. Catless, tuned and propane injection. On the street it gets great traction and will hurt a lot of cars from stoplight to stoplight. Don't knock diesels, you never know who you are messing with.
My 02 cummins (No longer own) had 735hp, 1400tq+ to the ground.. You're absolutely correct. Never, Never underestimate a diesel - They can put quite the hurtin down and you would be none the wiser until the light turned green.

In that regards - I've had a few try to take me on, couple older BMW's, some mustangs/camaro's.. All resulting in the same embarrassment for the other party.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I don't knock them. If I wanted to tow something or go off-roading, I'd be all over one. But racing a GT? Not what it's for.

On the other hand, if somebody did beat a '15 GT in a diesel, that's something I'd pay to see. Bring out the popcorn!

Br725

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/PP/ruby red/premier int.
I just like when you put your signal on to change lanes so you can make a turn and some dickhead tries to speed up to keep you from getting over. A rev matched down shift to third solves that issue really fast.

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
This is pretty funny (I went ahead and looked up diesel vs mustang on youtube):

[ame]

Sponsored

oilfieldtrash

likes mustangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic (still love mustangs though)
The ecoboost with a tune will actually give a stock gt a run for its money stoplight to stoplight.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
I went for a cruise last night through the UCF area and still no one has tried me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
15wile

15wile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I went for a cruise last night through the UCF area and still no one has tried me yet.
Come down to Tampa, plenty of hooning to be had here.

RevvdMedia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I'm still about 280km from "official break in"...still haven't hooned mine yet hahaha

It's killing me.

thxultra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost, 2016 Mercedes C300
I'm still about 280km from "official break in"...still haven't hooned mine yet hahaha

It's killing me.
I know the feeling still breaking in mine as well and it is very hard to not mash on it. Know it makes a huge difference in how long the car last though so took the lead out of my shoes for now...
Sponsored