Sponsored

UAW Agreement

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
If Ford builds a new Bronco, I can't imagine there would be any intent other than competing with the Jeep Wrangler, which dealers can't even keep on lots(at least I hope that would be their target demographic, because if they have other plans, they are not listening to their customers).

That said, the Raptor is a high speed rig -- pre-runner. Plenty of guys take them offroading/crawling, but that's not what it is designed for. There is plenty of room for both a Raptor and a Bronco as two very different off-road rigs in Fords line-up.
Well, my point is, the Bronco has typically been F150 based, and from the renders, everyone is assuming it will be again. There's no way Ford would make a Bronco and a Raptor based on the same chassis. They would be similarly priced and perform essentially the same task.

Ford would have to create a whole new category of vehicle and make it like the original Bronco. Which is why I think it'll be closer to a Bronco II or Ranger-based. I don't think the Ranger AND Bronco coming back at the same time is a coincidence. The Bronco will be the Ranger's "Raptor".
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I care about infotainment
The Boss motor has basically don't just that.

I speculated that the voodoo engine wasn't a niche product. It was the dawn of a new platform. And I believe this confirms it.

Of course it will trickle down to the GT.

Just like the LT1 has gone from corvette to Camaro.

The Voodoo eats the LT1s lunch and will position the Mustang ahead.

I think we will see both N/A and FI versions, with the FI coming after the 350 has run its course. That will also make room for a Voodoo powered GT.
I think the Voodoo has to trickle down to the GT at this point in order to keep up with the 6g Camaro's performance. That or Ford would have to invest in making more tweaks to the standard Coyote for the GT, but I'm not sure if that would really be more cost effective.

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Well, my point is, the Bronco has typically been F150 based, and from the renders, everyone is assuming it will be again. There's no way Ford would make a Bronco and a Raptor based on the same chassis. They would be similarly priced and perform essentially the same task.

Ford would have to create a whole new category of vehicle and make it like the original Bronco. Which is why I think it'll be closer to a Bronco II or Ranger-based. I don't think the Ranger AND Bronco coming back at the same time is a coincidence. The Bronco will be the Ranger's "Raptor".
So the new Bronco would target the Wrangler then most likely? Size wise?

flaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Some other things I found interesting:

•All-new Explorer

•All-new Police SUV Interceptor
•New product to be added
I think the new Explorer is supposed to go to the new RWD D6 platform, and the new product is probably a Lincoln based on the same platform.

•All-new Super Duty
•Expedition/Navigator continues with major
investment
This pretty much confirms the new Expedition/Navigator will go to all aluminum like the Super Duty and F-150.

•3.5L TiVCT engine will continue, with
upgrade
•2.7L engine will continue, with upgrade
•2 new V6 engine displacements
We know one new V6 engine displacement is the 3.0L in the Continental. I have no idea what the other one is. And I'm glad they're still going to upgrade their N/A V6 engines along with the turbo ones.

And I wonder what the new displacement for the 6.2L engine will be.

flaps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
HECK YEAH!!!

I noticed this too. 3 new transmissions:D

LiLivonia Transmission
$1.8 billion investment
•6R80 transmission will continue
•Add three new transmissions
•Add gear machining
I'm guessing that's three versions of the same transmission. Like how they have the 6R60, 6R80, and 6R140.

Sponsored

JonnyMustang

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB
So the new Bronco would target the Wrangler then most likely? Size wise?
Exactly, the Ranger is closer to the Wrangler in size (I'm assuming, don't have hard numbers yet) and is available in a four door platform (thus competing with the Wrangler Unlimited).

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

no the new Bronco is rumored to be sharing platform with the next ranger. it makes sense if both will be built at the MI assembly plant.

i dont think the F150 and bronco/raptor will have anything to do with each other. i just hope they don't water down the bronco to hell with some crossover BS. if it is going to really take on the wrangler it needs to be a true off roader.

asphal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
Hard to fathom that the 5.2 will trickle down to a base GT. A revamped FI 5.2 for the GT500 is what I'm feeling along with NA Mach 1 or something similar.
All speculation at this point.
agree. maybe some of the engineering but i dont see the 5.2 replacing anything anytime soon. that and the 5.0L is listed as continuing on. just wonder when the coyote will be replaced, it is getting long in the tooth soon.
i guess DI first then a few years down we'll see.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
If they build a proper 2-door Bronco in the general theme of the original '66-'77 unit, and a true competitor to the Jeep Wrangler, I will be there waving cash.

I love my JK Wrangler (I've owned four Wranglers, two JK and two TJ) but my love affair will be over in short order for a true Bronco. :thumbsup:

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Screw the UAW. I was a member, and got out because they have ZERO justification for the recent dues increase(I have PROOF). Thank you for Right to Work States! :headbang: This is the ONLY way we can hold the leaders responsible.... by taking dues income from them... I support Unions.... HATE the UAW International leadership.

Carry on..

Sponsored

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
agree. maybe some of the engineering but i dont see the 5.2 replacing anything anytime soon. that and the 5.0L is listed as continuing on. just wonder when the coyote will be replaced, it is getting long in the tooth soon.
i guess DI first then a few years down we'll see.
DI is the next logical for the 5.0. After that..... who knows. DI will complicate things for the aftermarket FI guys and the cost of upgrading a DI to make big power will be big money.
I'll happily take my 16' block that's now proving to take GOBS of power on stock goodies and near stock fuel systems.

Texican1911

Ford Certified Sales Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a Lightning Blue with Midnight Blue 20" wheels Safe & Smart, Active Exhaust, Shaker
The 10 speed is coming, first up 2017 F-150. The Fusion is getting redone for 17 which will include an ST version. The Explorer is all new for 2016 (everything they could change without re-crash testing it).

The Ranger is still sold world wide because the F150 is too big for other countries' roads. That's not to say it isn't coming, but it's being denied to us. As is the Bronco.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
If they build a proper 2-door Bronco in the general theme of the original '66-'77 unit, and a true competitor to the Jeep Wrangler, I will be there waving cash.

I love my JK Wrangler (I've owned four Wranglers, two JK and two TJ) but my love affair will be over in short order for a true Bronco. :thumbsup:
That thing would sell like hot cakes!! I would love to seem them do it, too:ford:

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
I think the engineering on the Voodoo, less the FPC, will spinoff to the Coyote. Maybe even a cross-plane 5.2L Coyote just for Mustang.

Remember the heads, intake and valvetrain are just as magnificent as the flat crank.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Ford put too much R&D into the Voodoo to intend on a 2 year run, unless maybe problems were to arise in regard to reliability. I don't think it's a given for the Voodoo (at least in 5.2 flavor) to trickle down to the Mustang GT. Ford has to offer something unique to justify a big markup for the "big boy" models. I remember reading something about the 5.2 engine and how Ford was pushing the limits of displacement for a FPC powerplant. There are issues with vibration when going bigger. If more CCs are off the table then FI would be the only route (beyond all the n/a tricks). Ford doesn't seem to be headed toward more CCs but less instead. Example: the new Ford GT and the Ecoboost Mustang.
Sponsored