Sponsored

UAW Agreement

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
The 10 speed is coming, first up 2017 F-150. The Fusion is getting redone for 17 which will include an ST version. The Explorer is all new for 2016 (everything they could change without re-crash testing it).

The Ranger is still sold world wide because the F150 is too big for other countries' roads. That's not to say it isn't coming, but it's being denied to us. As is the Bronco.
Exciting times to be a Ford fan. I am going to be holding on to my Focus for a few more years, but looks like there will be plenty of options to replace it soon. Fusion ST sounds the most interesting to me, all though if the Ranger comes here and hits the right price point that could be my next vehicle as well.
Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
Well, my point is, the Bronco has typically been F150 based, and from the renders, everyone is assuming it will be again. There's no way Ford would make a Bronco and a Raptor based on the same chassis. They would be similarly priced and perform essentially the same task.

Ford would have to create a whole new category of vehicle and make it like the original Bronco. Which is why I think it'll be closer to a Bronco II or Ranger-based. I don't think the Ranger AND Bronco coming back at the same time is a coincidence. The Bronco will be the Ranger's "Raptor".
The only render that shows a F150 based "new" Bronco is the one that was created by a magazine illustrator when the F150 was redesigned. It circulated the internet every year since then as an April fools joke.

Since the demise of the full size Bronco, the only thing Ford has done is the 2004 Bronco concept which is more Jeep Wrangler size.

I agree 100% that the Bronco will be Ranger based, but it won't be the Ranger's Raptor. It will be what the original Bronco was. Not a new category vehicle at all -- it will be Ranger's Jeep.

n8rfastback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Comp Orange. 65 Fastback ,T5, 302
Awesome!

Sponsored

68fbjjz109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' GTPP
Yea, When I talked to people from Schuler at a conference, they had Mustang hydroformed A Pillars/Roof panels on display.

The gentleman there said they are working with Ford on a Wrangler competitor, I mentioned the Bronco, and he just smiled.

My Jeep friends at FCA, are very aware of the possibility of being challenged as the last vehicle they considered a competitor was the FJ Cruiser, which is now gone.

What is interesting, I believe the new Continental is going tot Flat Rock, If there is going to be anything major changing to the Mustang it may coincide with investments made to Flat Rock to support the Lincoln.

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
2020 good lord that seems like a long way out! I'd probably buy one but only if it's NOT IFS and sseing as the Ranger is IFS I doubt it will ever happen... Build it on a regular cab short bed F250 frame and then were talkin'...

Finally

Old Fart
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Auto Prem Conv
LOVED both of my Rangers! Perfect size/cargo capacity, mpg, adequate handling, plenty of power to pull a trailer. I'd still have the last one if it weren't for that darn deer. Looking forward to getting another one ASAP! Thanks for the heads up! :cheers:

4thstang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
06 Tungsten GT vert
I think the engineering on the Voodoo, less the FPC, will spinoff to the Coyote. Maybe even a cross-plane 5.2L Coyote just for Mustang.

Remember the heads, intake and valvetrain are just as magnificent as the flat crank.
Agreed, initially 5.2 cross plane Coyote, then DI it around 2018.
As others have said, FI and DI can work, but not as easy as PI to get BIG power from, as present HPFPs can't keep up with the fuel demand.
Same reason you can't get big power and run E85 in them.

10 speed in 2017/18
Ranger/Bronco on same platform
Fusion moved to Mexico

Some pretty interesting info over on Blue Oval news Forums

my .02

Brian S.
06 GT vert

Sponsored

SnoopisTDI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard 2015 GTPP, Recaros, 2004 Lexus GX470
2020 good lord that seems like a long way out! I'd probably buy one but only if it's NOT IFS and sseing as the Ranger is IFS I doubt it will ever happen... Build it on a regular cab short bed F250 frame and then were talkin'...
You're going to use something the size of an F-250 to compete with the Wrangler? I'd rather it be Ranger-based, so it's small enough to fit down trails, and light enough it won't sink to its axles if I find some mud.

I'm thinking of something halfway between a Wrangler and a 4runner, but two doors of course. Something about the size of an FJ, just maybe slightly more room in the back. And it takes well to a reasonable lift and some good tires.

Honestly, I don't know what I'd rather have, the truck or the SUV. But the Mustang will be paid off by 2018 and one of these would complement it well.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
A continuation of the 6.2 liter engine. Good news ! With Ford moving to aluminum to save weight on trucks , I can envision an aluminum 6.2 to 6.5 liter engine being produced. I can also envision a Mach 1 or a street version Cobrajet Mustang with a 6.5 liter aluminum engine. A super charger could be added to the 6.5 liter engine for the next Shelby GT500 Mustang . The GT500 would most likely have a unique hood tall enough to clear the super charger.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Yeah, I was kinda wondering about that. What if Ford was able to put the 6.2L in the Mustang? That would make the Mustang similar to Charger/Challenger offerings with two V8's to choose from. And would eliminate the torque gap between the Coyote and LT1/392 Hemi. Of course with MPG requirements, the weight of the 6.2L vs the 5.0L, and the larger size of the 6.2L this is most likely impractical, but it's interesting to think about.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
Does anyone know what the exterior dimensions of the 6.2 liter are and how it compares in size to the Coyote engine ?
Sponsored