dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Waiting on these pictures!
They are coming! There was a delay on my extended bolts I ordered so unfortunately they will not be delivered to me until Saturday -___-

AZFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 401a GT/PP
Has anybody cut their wheel studs to get closed ended lugnuts to fit? Or cut them to at least get the same amount of threads visible front and rear? My OCD'ness won't let me run mismatched lugs. I know 1" extra stud says "racecar" but it's not for me. :) Just curious what your experience was attempting to cut them. I've read up on how to do it and have all the tools but somehow think this project will still go sideways.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Has anybody cut their wheel studs to get closed ended lugnuts to fit? Or cut them to at least get the same amount of threads visible front and rear? My OCD'ness won't let me run mismatched lugs. I know 1" extra stud says "racecar" but it's not for me. :) Just curious what your experience was attempting to cut them. I've read up on how to do it and have all the tools but somehow think this project will still go sideways.
Thought about it.

Decided against it mainly in the name of avoiding any exposed stud threads.

This is a rear wheel; on the front wheels you can only see the closed-end nuts. But even on the rear, you have to be pretty much on top of it or looking for something to spot it. No center cap #becausetrackcar where brake heat can result in losing them..

Double-nut for thread protection.JPG

Norm

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
It's so ironic to have a Mustang show up with 11' wheels and 305 tires at the same time a Porsche here is doing the same thing. Didn't get photos of that car unfortunately.

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's so ironic to have a Mustang show up with 11' wheels and 305 tires at the same time a Porsche here is doing the same thing. Didn't get photos of that car unfortunately.
Very ironic!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm confused why one would do an 11" square setup with NT555 G2s...

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, I see you aren’t a fan.
I'd just think if you're gonna go for that amount of width square, it's for track use. Those tires will obviously work on track but I'd rather have my 19x9.5s square on some 275 section sticky rubber than much wider G2s on 11" wheels. I know which one is faster, that's for sure.

dharts9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I'd just think if you're gonna go for that amount of width square, it's for track use. Those tires will obviously work on track but I'd rather have my 19x9.5s square on some 275 section sticky rubber than much wider G2s on 11" wheels. I know which one is faster, that's for sure.
It is actually for track/dd use. But thanks for the input. We can put down the tread if you are ever in the DMV area!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It is actually for track/dd use. But thanks for the input. We can put down the tread if you are ever in the DMV area!
*cheers*

That's why I have two sets of wheels: one with some Bridgestone RE760s and one with RE71Rs. I tried doing both with one set for a while, though.

3er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi Q7 Prestige, 2016 Ford F-150 Platinum FX4, 2018 Ford Mustang GT Premium
What a crazy useful thread, much love to those that contributed. It's hard to tell from the pics - do the front wheels poke a bit more than the rear wheels? If so, anyone running extended studs and spacers in the rear?
Sponsored