Sponsored

Turbo guard vortech/paxton

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was considering buying a supercharged car, the owner linked me to his YouTube channel, to be able to see more about the car.

saw lots of videos of it being driven on the street with a turbo guard as well as with no filter.

I didn't buy the car.

A couple hero runs at the track or "in Mexico", fine. But not all the time on the street.
Sponsored

Marketplaza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT shadow black and 18 dodge caravan
I was considering buying a supercharged car, the owner linked me to his YouTube channel, to be able to see more about the car.

saw lots of videos of it being driven on the street with a turbo guard as well as with no filter.

I didn't buy the car.

A couple hero runs at the track or "in Mexico", fine. But not all the time on the street.
If you want to buy a supercharged car it would be best if you just bought a car and did it yourself. When someone has one they beat it up by racing it. You never know what problems it had. I doubt the owner would be honest about any problems it had. Plus if you do it yourself it will be a lot cheaper. Plus you get the satisfaction of building it yourself. I never went the pd root cause of heat soak. Centri cars don’t have that problem. Well mine doesn’t anyway. But building the car by yourself is fulfilling and fun.

plus if it only has a turbo guard then who knows what got in the engine that the owner doesn’t know that will end up costing you a lot of $$.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you want to buy a supercharged car it would be best if you just bought a car and did it yourself. When someone has one they beat it up by racing it. You never know what problems it had. I doubt the owner would be honest about any problems it had. Plus if you do it yourself it will be a lot cheaper. Plus you get the satisfaction of building it yourself.
I agree with what you are saying except for it being cheaper. Way cheaper to buy a car that's already had the supercharger etc installed.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Turbo guard user here for the last 3-4 years. Filter would definitely keep things cleaner. Although I drive it often it’s not a daily.

B635F559-C6B5-4850-B98E-B88CC91D9A62.jpeg
That's cause you're coming from the top rope:) I grit my teeth and swear profusely every time I have to drive through a cloud of shit on 95 when they're cutting concrete.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Been driving my car with a bellmount and turbo guard for a while and I haven't run into any issues. If it rains I throw on the intake tube or a burger motorsports filter. I like to switch it up haha

IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2924.jpg
IMG_2464.JPG
6E107248-E331-4B25-A37E-53DAE307D78D.JPG
Sponsored