Sponsored

Turbo guard vortech/paxton

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Anybody daily there vortech/paxton or procharger with a turbo guard? Mine just came in the mail and want to put it on but I'm scared something may get sucked into my blower. Small rock or something stupid. Anybody run into any issues? They say the cold air kit for the vortech/paxton cars are restrictive especially at the inlet of the blower. Thanks in advance for your input
Sponsored

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Anybody daily there vortech/paxton or procharger with a turbo guard? Mine just came in the mail and want to put it on but I'm scared something may get sucked into my blower. Small rock or something stupid. Anybody run into any issues? They say the cold air kit for the vortech/paxton cars are restrictive especially at the inlet of the blower. Thanks in advance for your input
I switch it up between the BMS filter and the Vibrant filter but when I'm at the track or running in Mexico, I take the filter off. It's worth about a pound of boost.

In other words, I wouldn't daily it that way, but it's definitely just fine to take it off for short periods.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
I switch it up between the BMS filter and the Vibrant filter but when I'm at the track or running in Mexico, I take the filter off. It's worth about a pound of boost.

In other words, I wouldn't daily it that way, but it's definitely just fine to take it off for short periods.
I don't see how a rock could travel up and get inside the blower but anything can happen I guess

Safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shobi
Vehicle(s)
GT V8 Blue

I agree. I also run out of gas a lot sooner, but who's counting?

Sponsored

Sponsored

TXS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT, 2022 Mustang GT
BMS Full Size.jpg
I run the full size BMS filter. I had to cut more off the shroud compared to the little Vibrant I had on before.

OP
OP

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
BMS Full Size.jpg
I run the full size BMS filter. I had to cut more off the shroud compared to the little Vibrant I had on before.
Can you send me a pic of your shroud without the filter on? I want to see how much cutting I need to do before I cut to much off. Thanks again
↑