Sponsored

Turbo Guard Pre-Filter Issue

JRodSan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue GT
Was chasing a boost leak or belt slip for a couple weeks after installing the transmission back because I was only getting 6 pounds of boost vs 12. After pressure and smoke test a couple different ways, and changing through various belt set ups, we found the issue to be the Turbo Guard PRE-FILTER (photo below) tested with two different Paxton set ups and we both were missing half the boost. As soon as we took the filter off BOOM! Full boost.

Turbo Guard Pre-Filter
Blower Guard-2.jpg

Here's video of the testing I did and how we figured it out just in case yawl want to watch.
Sponsored

Toy Cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
I had one on my Procharger and it lost boost as well. I guess it would be okay on a road trip where your just cruising then take it off at the track or if your looking to make power in Mexico.

Last edited:

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Adding a inlet restriction will cause you loose boost, this is known. That thing is not meant to be raced on, that for driving around town when full power isn't needed, if you plan to rave, take it off and run either an open blower, or preferably a velocity stack

Sponsored

robmustang201528

15 mustang gt302blown
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15pp
Was chasing a boost leak or belt slip for a couple weeks after installing the transmission back because I was only getting 6 pounds of boost vs 12. After pressure and smoke test a couple different ways, and changing through various belt set ups, we found the issue to be the Turbo Guard PRE-FILTER (photo below) tested with two different Paxton set ups and we both were missing half the boost. As soon as we took the filter off BOOM! Full boost.

Turbo Guard Pre-Filter
Blower Guard-2.jpg

Here's video of the testing I did and how we figured it out just in case yawl want to watch.
What gear were you in when you hit at the end of the video? When you hit 12lbs?