Tune question

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I drained my battery a few minutes before tune finished.
I don’t want to waste 60 bucks on a one time use of battery maintainer.
Can I run the tune with jumper cables connected instead?
Thanks.
-j
Sponsored

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
I drained my battery a few minutes before tune finished.
I don’t want to waste 60 bucks on a one time use of battery maintainer.
Can I run the tune with jumper cables connected instead?
Thanks.
-j
"YES"; Just remove the POS cable with the jumper cable from the run-down battery, so you don't run-down the new battery!!!

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
"YES"; Just remove the POS cable with the jumper cable from the run-down battery, so you don't run-down the new battery!!!
Ok. Thanks. Just to clarify, I’m going to keep my suv running with cables connected to the mustang while running tune.
I was Able to start the mustang up later without jumping to start.
-J

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
I assume you realize tuning your car with even a low battery can brick your ecu....I assume you already started and are trying to finish but next time do NOT even attempt tuning unless your battery is fully charged.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I assume you realize tuning your car with even a low battery can brick your ecu....I assume you already started and are trying to finish but next time do NOT even attempt tuning unless your battery is fully charged.
Ok . Thanks. I assumed the battery was fully charged as its new and I haven’t driven for a couple weeks.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
usually, you can get away with not connecting, though its always suggested. howver, these new fords love to go to sleep for no damn reason. mine started doing it, and now the wifes ST goes into deep sleep randomly.. so yes, connect a charger

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
usually, you can get away with not connecting, though its always suggested. howver, these new fords love to go to sleep for no damn reason. mine started doing it, and now the wifes ST goes into deep sleep randomly.. so yes, connect a charger
Thanks. Battery died again even with cables connected from ST battery to mustang battery.
Not a fan of buying something I use once only.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Thanks. Battery died again even with cables connected from ST battery to mustang battery.
Not a fan of buying something I use once only.
is this happening during the initial 30 minute reading or a subsequent 6 minute tune update/change?

def should not be happening during the 6 minute updates.. although my battery did die a month ago.. we may be finding a previously unknown issue/concern/gremlin

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
is this happening during the initial 30 minute reading or a subsequent 6 minute tune update/change?

def should not be happening during the 6 minute updates.. although my battery did die a month ago.. we may be finding a previously unknown issue/concern/gremlin
It died right before the 30 minutes was up.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It died right before the 30 minutes was up.
Hmm.. Id call PBD to confirm, you def dont want to brick it. But, like i said, my car had started randomly sleeping, even with chargers connected. only thing that kept it awake long enough was buying a new battery - which i read you have to do a new battery reset if you do that as well - i wish i could help you more, and i dont want to get you hyped, as none of that dead battery stuff may apply to you. BUT at least get a real charger on there. if it still sleeps, you may need a new battery, or at least try the new battery reset

Sponsored

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
A new battery is dead after a tune change? Are you not a fan of buying new batteries?
Take the car out for a drive before you change the tune.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
A new battery is dead after a tune change? Are you not a fan of buying new batteries?
Take the car out for a drive before you change the tune.
It is a 2020. I don’t consider it old.
I may buy a new one per the advice above.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hmm.. Id call PBD to confirm, you def dont want to brick it. But, like i said, my car had started randomly sleeping, even with chargers connected. only thing that kept it awake long enough was buying a new battery - which i read you have to do a new battery reset if you do that as well - i wish i could help you more, and i dont want to get you hyped, as none of that dead battery stuff may apply to you. BUT at least get a real charger on there. if it still sleeps, you may need a new battery, or at least try the new battery reset
Thanks. I might buy new. Where do you do the new battery reset?

Goose17

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Many Mustangs (collector)
Make sure your automatic lights, AC blower, and nav screen are off or simply put a battery charger or tender on for insurance. Killing your computer can lead to a tow to the dealer for expensive repairs.

OP
OP

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Make sure your automatic lights, AC blower, and nav screen are off or simply put a battery charger or tender on for insurance. Killing your computer can lead to a tow to the dealer for expensive repairs.
Thanks. Everything was off.
not sure why running power from other car battery didn’t help.
I was going to get a maintainer, but 70 is a lot for one time use.
Sponsored