Sponsored

Tune for V8: Ford vs Lund vs Livernois

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I downloaded a Lund 93 oct tune on Saturday, had constant rain all weekend so did not get much play time, but with some dry periods yesterday and today I was finally able to check out the tune within reason. And I gotta say I am more than pleased with the results! The low end torque and throttle response is amazing! Due to the 235 stock A/S tires, going WOT right now is very unsettling. Prior to the tune, I would get a lot of tire spin and now I get crazy squirrely. Tires are a must! LOL Even with that said, the car pulls a lot harder, quicker response, and even my H pipe to stock mufflers sound better/more aggressive. I'm not the biggest fish on the street but for me and my street driving I am very happy, the tune has exceeded my expectations, and I know my smile will get bigger once I get stickier tires!
Shout out to [MENTION=10926]beefcake[/MENTION] for all the help! Thanks bro!
Your very welcome!!!

OP
OP
Mustang_Lou

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
A quick snippet from what I sent to Livernois just now to make you guys salivate about my 93 tune:

"Wow. I love it. What did you guys do to get that 3k rpm kick ... much more torque from 2.5 up even. She just keeps pulling hard all the way to 7k (as far as I've gone so far) with my head slowly going back towards the headrest as the rpm's rise."

I'll post up a more detailed review later in the week when I have time but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a tune guys and I'm a straight-shooter that calls it like it is. Without a doubt the best money you can spend on this car I'd say short of forced induction.

LOL WUT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT
A quick snippet from what I sent to Livernois just now to make you guys salivate about my 93 tune:

"Wow. I love it. What did you guys do to get that 3k rpm kick ... much more torque from 2.5 up even. She just keeps pulling hard all the way to 7k (as far as I've gone so far) with my head slowly going back towards the headrest as the rpm's rise."

I'll post up a more detailed review later in the week when I have time but I HIGHLY RECOMMEND a tune guys and I'm a straight-shooter that calls it like it is. Without a doubt the best money you can spend on this car I'd say short of forced induction.

Thanks for the first impressions, Livernois really has an excellent product. It's nice to see more and more people running their tunes here on the forum.

Sponsored

MaverickGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Secondly, our support is unrivaled, plain and simple. For example, you get a MyCal tuner when your car is stock. Then you decide,"Hey, I want that sweet Severe Windstorm CAI!" all that you have to do is submit a tune update form and we knock it out for your...FREE! The next month you want an EvenFlo thermostat, COOL! The next year headers, OK! Then you want the GT350/R intake manifold, DONE! Five years after that you decide to do GT350/R TB, mid-pipe and catback, WE HAVE YOU COVERED. And all of that support is included with the initial purchase of our tuner!
Sub'd for future reference.

So you have the GT350 manifold and TB covered. That's good to know.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
Sub'd for future reference.

So you have the GT350 manifold and TB covered. That's good to know.
Thanks for sub'ing! :cheers:

We have had support for these for some time now. If I mentioned a date I would be lying, because it has been so long that I cannot remember.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I can one up that, a video! :headbang:

Don't forget about our YouTube channel! We have a TON of content on there of many of our tunes and builds too.
That's Wut I'm talkin' about on the torque-o-meter right there. Nice gain on the low end, then at around 3800 - she gone. Was this car bone stock with just the tune when this was done? What tune was it?

fifteen5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6
LUND ONLY OFFERS UPDATES FOR 6 MOS ? This is new to me, can someone confirm this ?

JuRuKi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/PP
So Fords PP1 claims 40lbs of torque at 1.5k rpms and x amount of HP. What about Lund or Livernois? Do they have dyno proven performance? What numbers should i expect with their tunes on my stock GT?

Sponsored

MyFirst5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt
heard nothing but good things about livernois..their tuner is what stopped me from going with them...needs an update!

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
So Fords PP1 claims 40lbs of torque at 1.5k rpms and x amount of HP. What about Lund or Livernois? Do they have dyno proven performance? What numbers should i expect with their tunes on my stock GT?
Maybe that's a real claim on an engine dyno for like 200rpm, but in real life I feel no such increase with my PP1.

Sasuketr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GTPP
Did the dyno graphs for the pp1, and 2 showed 40 lbft gain at 1500 rpm? Was that myth busted?

newkidnik

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 5.0
Did the dyno graphs for the pp1, and 2 showed 40 lbft gain at 1500 rpm? Was that myth busted?
I didn't start my dyno at 1500rpm. I could see that rpm on an engine dyno, but I've never seen anyone lug a motor that low on a chassis dyno. There was no low-end gain with the PP1 over my stock curve at around 2500rpm. Again, I think it may be a 100-300rpm window that's a nice marketing stat, but has little real world application.
Sponsored