Sponsored

Tune for V8: Ford vs Lund vs Livernois

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks to the vendors for chiming in and other members likewise.

Well the decision for me is now even more difficult.

Tune updates: advantage Livernois

Guage with warning lights: advantage Lund

Datalogging: advantage Lund

Price: advantage Lund by $50

Power: advantage Livernois (it seems)

Familiarity: advantage Livernois (from my Pontiac G8 GXP days)

Livernois, can you PM me please?
I'd like to add to the pricing. If you do a one time tune, your pricing advantage seems to be Lund. If you make minor changes (see Lund site for their criteria) within six months, the advantage seems to be Lund. If you do a major change or wait more than six months to make a change, the price advantage shifts.

To be fair, it seems that one thing to remember is how much to you intend on tinkering with your car. If you are a one and done kind of guy, having unlimited tuning won't be an advantage.

on the power comment

lund has the quickest gts, and even the ecoboost for that matter in the country.

also the quickest gt350s, gt500s, etc...

when it comes to making power, lund is the dominant leader

:)
And I'd say adding to the advantage criteria is competitive advantage. Though, to be fair, has there been a Lund v Livernois head to head competition on a level playing field? What I mean is someone who spent $15k in engine work and had a Lund tune versus a guy who has a CAI and headers with a Livernois tune doesn't seem like a fair comparison.

We are in this for the long haul. We want to build partnerships with our clients as they grow with their vehicles. This is why we offer the additional fringe benefits like free remote tuning revisions. What is the point of constantly being in your pocket?
This right here won me over. Not so much the free retunes but what was said here: partnership. For me, I'm likely going to tinker with my car for years to come. Big mod, tinker, tinker, tune, big mod, tinker, tune, tinker, tune... its a journey. With a journey like that, its good to have a partner and not a one night stand.
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
This right here won me over. Not so much the free retunes but what was said here: partnership. For me, I'm likely going to tinker with my car for years to come. Big mod, tinker, tinker, tune, big mod, tinker, tune, tinker, tune... its a journey. With a journey like that, its good to have a partner and not a one night stand.
And that is our goal. Lifetime partnership between tuner and customer is key in any build.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

SfSerge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Evolution: 2015 Mustang Perf Prem
Has anybody dynoed a livernoise tune, a stock one, and has a chart by any chance, leaning toward it but I'd love to see a real print out.

Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
[MENTION=26079]SfSerge[/MENTION] Check my build thread. I have a dyno chart w/ a Livernois tune. That was the old version. They are on Version 10 now which I need to get.

SVT-DADDY

World's heaviest S550
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)

Slow.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cedric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT ( Base )
We'd love to have you!

The huge differences are that we are utilizing our own proprietary tuning software. So we do not rely upon anyone else for tuning support. When there are parameters that we wish to address we do it. If there is some testing that we want to do we do it! We do not have to ask for the tables to be made accessible or anything like that.

Secondly, our support is unrivaled, plain and simple. For example, you get a MyCal tuner when your car is stock. Then you decide,"Hey, I want that sweet Severe Windstorm CAI!" all that you have to do is submit a tune update form and we knock it out for your...FREE! The next month you want an EvenFlo thermostat, COOL! The next year headers, OK! Then you want the GT350/R intake manifold, DONE! Five years after that you decide to do GT350/R TB, mid-pipe and catback, WE HAVE YOU COVERED. And all of that support is included with the initial purchase of our tuner!
Do you offer a flex fuel tune as well?

Sponsored

pb29590

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premiun PP
Wow. Just read all 8 pages and my head is spinning.

Binfordtools

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP
LMR did Dyno of Ford Performance PP1, Peak rear wheel gains: 15hp, 18lbtq and 21hp, 38lbtq at 4300rpm.
https://lmr.com/item/M9603M8/15-17-mustang-gt-ford-performance-power-pack-1-m-9603-m8
I noticed a difference, just trying to decide if Livernois tune and Windstorm is going to give me a big enough increase to justify $950 more?
The LMR website stated: "This Power Pack includes a high flow K&N air filter and Ford calibrator that unlocks 13hp and 16 lbs/ft torque peak gains over stock to the flywheel." It also states that premium fuel is required. I've read on various forums that simply switching a 100% stock GT from 87 to 93 octane will yield 12(ish) flywheel HP gains. If this is the case, what does this power pack really get you for $500 that a tank of 93 octane wouldn't?

I've not done any tune to my 17PP (yet) but I'd guess putting that same $500 towards a tune, with some dedicated dyno time for adjustments would get you far better results in power and equally important, drivability than a drop in filter and "calibrator" would.

Last edited:

LMstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible (auto)
Thermostat replacement for tune? Needed or ?

2016 GT (Florida, 17k miles, auto, non-PP): Novice trying to make an informed decision on upgrades.

Have question regarding lower-temp thermostat replacement with tune/CAI packages. I notice some vendors (FRPP power pack 2) do not suggest or require it, but some vendors to either have it as part of package or optional. How do I know if I need it, and what risk am I assuming if I buy a package without it?

Initially considering FRPP #2, but now may be leaning towards Lund tune/PMAS combo package or Livernois severe windstorm bundle.

Only mods currently have are magnaflow street catback and FRPP oil catch can.

Not necessarily concerned about warranty, but want long term reliability. After this, I dont expect to do anything else.

Any advice?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I don't understand why people are saying the pp1 is flywheel gains. The dyno showed back to back runs with no tune and pp1 tune with 15hp peak gains, which on a dyno mean RWHP unless I'm missing something?
I'm sure they didn't change out the gas either.

The LMR website stated: "This Power Pack includes a high flow K&N air filter and Ford calibrator that unlocks 13hp and 16 lbs/ft torque peak gains over stock to the flywheel." It also states that premium fuel is required. I've read on various forums that simply switching a 100% stock GT from 87 to 93 octane will yield 12(ish) flywheel HP gains. If this is the case, what does this power pack really get you for $500 that a tank of 93 octane wouldn't?

I've not done any tune to my 17PP (yet) but I'd guess putting that same $500 towards a tune, with some dedicated dyno time for adjustments would get you far better results in power and equally important, drivability than a drop in filter and "calibrator" would.
Sponsored