Sponsored

Tune for V8: Ford vs Lund vs Livernois

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
So only mods on my GT are an Airaid intake elbow and an aFe dry panel filter.

Ford tune keeps the warranty and costs $399 + 1 hr labour so say $499.

Lund costs $549 and includes the nGauge for monitoring and datalogging but only does tune upgrades for 6 mos or so.

Livernois costs $599 but with no gauge but I've used them in the past and they give free tune upgrades as I understand it for life.

Ford states a 40 lb-ft increase in TQ at low rpms.

I'm not worried about the warranty to be honest as the Coyote is stout enough to handle a simple tune from a reputable shop.

Anyone with the Lund or Livernois care to comment on the TQ increase please? Is it similar to Ford's in your opinion (ie. it 'feels' like 40)? Any dyno's out there on either of these?

Decisions, decisions ...
Sponsored

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
You will get more power from Lund / Livernois. There will be no data logging for improvements relative to how your car reacts with the Ford tune.

Do you REALLY need a fancy nGauge? No. Is it cool to have, especially if you don't have a PP and can put it in the center air vent? Yes.

But it's the tune and support you want, not an iPhone.

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0

Lund costs $549 and includes the nGauge for monitoring and datalogging but only does tune upgrades for 6 mos or so.

Livernois costs $599 but with no gauge but I've used them in the past and they give free tune upgrades as I understand it for life.

I'm not worried about the warranty to be honest as the Coyote is stout enough to handle a simple tune from a reputable shop.

Anyone with the Lund or Livernois care to comment on the TQ increase please? Is it similar to Ford's in your opinion (ie. it 'feels' like 40)? Any dyno's out there on either of these?

Decisions, decisions ...
I'm using the Livernois tune. This the second car that they are tuning for me. No complaints at all. They are very responsive to questions and will give advice when needed. I haven't had the car dynoed, but the shifts of the auto are crisp and fast. Throttle response is sharp and the power delivery is smooth.

OP
OP
Mustang_Lou

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
You will get more power from Lund / Livernois. There will be no data logging for improvements relative to how your car reacts with the Ford tune.

Do you REALLY need a fancy nGauge? No. Is it cool to have, especially if you don't have a PP and can put it in the center air vent? Yes.

But it's the tune and support you want, not an iPhone.
I've used the old DashHawk in the past and had a setting for Knock Retard. It was always nice to read error codes too and see where my fuel trims were at.

I assume the nGauge has a warning feature where it'll light up on say x degrees of knock retard?? Anyone know?

I'm leaning towards Lund, then Livernois, then Ford last.

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
JDM with SCT is another option.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i really think our lund tune and ngauge is the nicest device / combo out there.

let me know if we can help at all

we can use the sct as well if thats a route you want to go

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)

Decisions, decisions ...
You can see power gains up to 22 wheel horsepower over stock, and 38 additional Ft. Lbs of torque. The Ford gains as well as many other advertised gains are guesses at their crank hp gains. We have 3 chassis dynos in house so all the gains that you get from us are all gains that we have measured on one of our dynos:thumbsup:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I am in the dark, did not know Ford had a tune. IF they did, I would go for that over 5 or 10 hp. Rhymes with floranty.

18psi

of boost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You can see power gains up to 22 wheel horsepower over stock, and 38 additional Ft. Lbs of torque. The Ford gains as well as many other advertised gains are guesses at their crank hp gains. We have 3 chassis dynos in house so all the gains that you get from us are all gains that we have measured on one of our dynos:thumbsup:
Maybe I'm just blind, but can you post up your dyno plot showing 38wtq gain from your tune? I went on your site, I even googled it, don't see it.

thanks

Sponsored

Derek@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT 300A w/ Brembo's
[MENTION=23676]Mustang_Lou[/MENTION] ,

I recommend the Lund Racing nGauge and tune. This set up will offer the best tuning services of Lund Racing with the cleanliness and features of the nGauge device. You can keep the device plugged in to display what the engine is doing or you can flash, unplug and stow away. The nGauge offers warning lights that you can set and a shift light, not sure the other devices offer that.

The only thing the Ford Performance tune has over our custom tuning with Lund and the nGauge is that if installed by a Ford dealer ($100-150 labor at minimum), Ford will honor a 3/36 powertrain warranty if you have any issues.

What you don't get with the Ford Performance tune is:
-Ability to have changes made after new mods are installed
-Support from Lethal/Lund should you have questions about your tune for existing or new mods
-The ability to monitor what the engine is doing
-The ability to store several tunes
-Clean gauge type display with several signals to monitor (I haven't counted, but there has to be 30+)
-Shift light
-Ability to run flexfuel/E85 (if that's in your cards)

All of the features above are just some of what the nGauge can do that the Ford Performance flare device cannot do or is not supported by Ford Performance. If just flashing a tune with a stock car is all you're looking for, then you really have some thinking to do as the Ford Performance set-up is not bad by any means, it's just limited and restrictive. If you plan to upgrade the car at a later date, then it's a no brainer, Lund Racing tune on the nGauge from Lethal Performance.

If you have any questions about the nGauge or the Ford Performance device, don't hesitate to contact us.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/e-motion-ngauge-tuning-and-monitoring-gauge.html

Thank you

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Maybe I'm just blind, but can you post up your dyno plot showing 38wtq gain from your tune? I went on your site, I even googled it, don't see it.

thanks
I can one up that, a video! :headbang:

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]Gt_5oYd95Lg[/MEDIA]"]

Don't forget about our YouTube channel! We have a TON of content on there of many of our tunes and builds too.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I can one up that, a video! :headbang:

Don't forget about our YouTube channel! We have a TON of content on there of many of our tunes and builds too.
That's pretty strong for a stock car, only 35hp drivetrain loss.

I'm considering switching to y'all or lund.

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
We'd love to have you!

The huge differences are that we are utilizing our own proprietary tuning software. So we do not rely upon anyone else for tuning support. When there are parameters that we wish to address we do it. If there is some testing that we want to do we do it! We do not have to ask for the tables to be made accessible or anything like that.

Secondly, our support is unrivaled, plain and simple. For example, you get a MyCal tuner when your car is stock. Then you decide,"Hey, I want that sweet Severe Windstorm CAI!" all that you have to do is submit a tune update form and we knock it out for your...FREE! The next month you want an EvenFlo thermostat, COOL! The next year headers, OK! Then you want the GT350/R intake manifold, DONE! Five years after that you decide to do GT350/R TB, mid-pipe and catback, WE HAVE YOU COVERED. And all of that support is included with the initial purchase of our tuner!