TT021 and PP006

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Just a quick heads up guys. Do NOT expect the vin to match up to the “car number”. Ford may do it for the BJ Auction car but i’d have to hear the sale again to see how Ford stated it.Stating it as the first retail 2019 Bullitt or the 1st vin’d Bullitt is not saying it will carry vin #1.

Ford will start with vin #1 ...... for all 2019 Mustang production.....you will have GTs, Bullitts, Ecoboosts all mixed in throughout the MY vin sequencing.

The only Mustang I am aware of with a dedicated vin sequence were the 2015 50th anniversay LEs. Ford specifically reserved the first 1965 vins for 2015 for that purpose despite the car being produced throughout the year - this could only be done as Ford knew exactly how many would be built before Job 1 began. 1964 Coupes and tbe 1 charity convertible- not positive the vert has vin 1965 but Im pretty sure it does). This was one of the anti-counterfit measures Ford took with the 2015 LEs.

We have seen other “numbered” Mustangs were the car sequence number varied greatly from the vin sequence...a lower vin’d car having a higher sequenced number plate. As if they just grabbed an id kit out of order and placed it on a car.

Also not sure as to the vin sequencing of the Ford GT.
The reason I mentioned the VIN thing is because I got my VIN at the end of last week and the last numbers are 000XX (not gonna reveal which number I'm getting yet, but it's low) :)

So I'm guessing Ford is running a certain amount of Bullitts before all other 2019s. Maybe later built Bullitts won't match the chassis number to VIN? :shrug:
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The reason I mentioned the VIN thing is because I got my VIN at the end of last week and the last numbers are 000XX (not gonna reveal which number I'm getting yet, but it's low) :)

So I'm guessing Ford is running a certain amount of Bullitts before all other 2019s. Maybe later built Bullitts won't match the chassis number to VIN? :shrug:
That seems highly likely because the only other VIN assignment I saw had a '00004' in it. The body code for the Bullitt is different than the mainline Mustangs. It's possible the production scheduling process can handle something like this. Things were different for the other 2 Bullitts.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
That seems highly likely because the only other VIN assignment I saw had a '00004' in it. The body code for the Bullitt is different than the mainline Mustangs. It's possible the production scheduling process can handle something like this. Things were different for the other 2 Bullitts.
Ah, well the different body codes explain it then right? Bullitts will just have their own VIN sequences separate from the other 2019s, allowing them to continue in sequence for VIN and chassis numbers, even if they're mixed in with other Mustangs on the line.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's possible the body code difference could account for that, but that is me speculating. I need to go back and look at that VIN I saw that had '0004' in it.

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
David, my recollection is that Ford stated the 2019 Bullitts will have specific, unique serial VINs. Unfortunately, I don't recall where it came from but think that two of the Ford project engineers interviewed said that directly and at least one of those reiterated it during their interview.

Sponsored

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
David, my recollection is that Ford stated the 2019 Bullitts will have specific, unique serial VINs. Unfortunately, I don't recall where it came from but think that two of the Ford project engineers interviewed said that directly and at least one of those reiterated it during their interview.
As Tony and Bullitt are discussing if Ford is using a unique body code for the Bullitts it really becomes a possibility,

Time will tell-should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Tony/Bullitt any idea if the are altering Bullitt vins on 2 poinrs (body-model) and engine?

Obviously I’m going a long way back.... but with some internal help Team Mustang was able to get a “R” assigned for the engine code in the vin for the 03/04 Mach 1s but the rest of tbe vin stayed normal Mustang. If Bullitt is getting its own body and engine codes this is most interesting.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
As Tony and Bullitt are discussing if Ford is using a unique body code for the Bullitts it really becomes a possibility,

Time will tell-should be interesting to see how this turns out.

Tony/Bullitt any idea if the are altering Bullitt vins on 2 poinrs (body-model) and engine?

Obviously I’m going a long way back.... but with some internal help Team Mustang was able to get a “R” assigned for the engine code in the vin for the 03/04 Mach 1s but the rest of tbe vin stayed normal Mustang. If Bullitt is getting its own body and engine codes this is most interesting.
Unfortunately I don't know anything about the VINs, I guess if there's a regular 2019 Mustang VIN available we could compare the two but I haven't seen anyone that's ordered a regular 19 get a VIN yet.

McShackett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GT/CS 08 Bullitt
Unfortunately I don't know anything about the VINs, I guess if there's a regular 2019 Mustang VIN available we could compare the two but I haven't seen anyone that's ordered a regular 19 get a VIN yet.
Bullitts should be: 1FA6P8KxxK5xxxxxx (Bullitt, maybe you can help fill in position 8 for the engine type and 9 for the check digit)

Regular GT Coupes should be: 1FA6P8CxxK5xxxxxx

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Bullitts should be: 1FA6P8KxxK5xxxxxx (Bullitt, maybe you can help fill in position 8 for the engine type and 9 for the check digit)

Regular GT Coupes should be: 1FA6P8CxxK5xxxxxx
The Bullitt is 1FA6P8K00K5xxxxxx.

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And if Ford is scheduling them this way, it could be possible that there would be batches of them run in order to keep the serial (chassis) number and the last VIN digits the same. That might explain some of the "where's the allocation" mystery that's been going on. I would feel a little better as this being the reason, rather than we are making only 20 of them :)

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
The 15-17 looks better to me than the Bullitt.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

Matt, Given you have your VIN, did they also give you a delivery window?

Cheers
Sponsored