Sponsored

TT021 and PP006

airfuel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not a Bullitt
Curious about vin assignments also.

My order was signed 2 weeks ago and when my dealer called yesterday he stated the order was in but not yet pulled by Ford.
Sponsored

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
The reason I mentioned the VIN thing is because I got my VIN at the end of last week and the last numbers are 000XX (not gonna reveal which number I'm getting yet, but it's low) :)

So I'm guessing Ford is running a certain amount of Bullitts before all other 2019s. Maybe later built Bullitts won't match the chassis number to VIN? :shrug:
Matt, I just picked up a status report on my car, like you it is 000xx with a "Scheduled Date" of 06/25.

What is more interesting/revealing is that I got my hands on the entire sheet for the dealer. It includes two regular 2019 Mustangs and their details.

One was ordered the day before mine and the other was ordered the day after mine. They are sequential VIN's for them 51xxx98 and 51xxx99. My Bullitt is 55xxxxx, so they are definitely running a unique VIN for the Bullitt that starts 400,000 above the likely starting point for the regular 2019 Mustangs.

Looks like I might have the car for my birthday (end of July) after all. ;-)

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The Bullitt is 1FA6P8K00K5xxxxxx.
Wasn't K the code for the Hi-Po 289?
Yes, correct. Here’s the list of early Mustang engine codes from what I remember:

A code = 289 4bbl V8
C code = 289 2bbl V8
D code = 289 4bbl V8
F code = 260 2bbl V8
K code = 289 4bbl HiPo V8
T code = 200 1bbl inline 6cyl
U code = 170 1bbl inline 6cyl

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt, Given you have your VIN, did they also give you a delivery window?

Cheers
I didn't get a delivery window but I got a production week of June 18th. Based on that my dealer said it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get the car (only 3 hours from Flat Rock). So my own guess for delivery is somewhere between July 5th and the 13th. Hoping cotus gives me an ETA soon. My birthday is the 8th so any day in that range will be pretty perfect to me. Best birthday ever haha. :clap2:

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
The Bullitt is 1FA6P8K00K5xxxxxx.
Based on my VIN, I would venture that the Bullitt series is actually:

1FA6P8K0xK55xxxxx P8K being the 2019 Bullitt "Option Code".

Where
1FA = Manufacturer - Manuf: Ford Motor Company USA, Make: Ford, Type: Passenger car
6 = Safety - Seat belts and front/side airbags
P8K = Model - Bullitt
0 = Engine - 5.0L 480hp V8 (Bullitt)
x = Check Digit - 0-9 or X
K = Year - 2019 (2018 was J)
5 = Assembler - AAI: Flat Rock, Michigan
5xxxxx = Sequential unit number (unique to Bullitt - non-Bullitt cars appear to be 1xxxxx)

The model codes go as follows:
Mustang EcoBoost – Fastback = P8T
Mustang EcoBoost – Convertible = P8U
Mustang GT – Fastback = P8C
Mustang V8 – Convertible = P8F
Mustang V8 – Fastback (Bullitt) = P8K

I have VIN listings for both a 2019 GT Fastback and GT Convertible as follows:
V8 – Convertible = 1FATP8FFXK51xxxxx
V8 – Fastback = 1FA6P8CF6K51xxxxx

With P8K being the Option Code for the Bullitt, the next digit (8th), should be the "Engine Code" and then (9th) the "Check Digit", if I'm not mistaken. So, 0 in mine (Bullitt engine) and F in the GT's (GT 5.0L engine) for the 8th digit.

Wasn't K the code for the Hi-Po 289?
Another interesting tidbit is that the Option Code P8K appears to have only been used in the past for the previous 2010-2014 Shelby GT500 convertible.

Yes, correct. Here’s the list of early Mustang engine codes from what I remember:

A code = 289 4bbl V8
C code = 289 2bbl V8
D code = 289 4bbl V8
F code = 260 2bbl V8
K code = 289 4bbl HiPo V8
T code = 200 1bbl inline 6cyl
U code = 170 1bbl inline 6cyl
That looks correct, but those are engine codes. It appears there will be two (2) K's in the 2019 Bullitt VIN. One for the Year code which is "K" for 2019 and one in the Model Code which is P8K. The 2019 Bullitt engine code is 0, not K.

1FA6P8K09K55xxxxx
For some reason, the "K" in the 2019 Bullitt Mustang isn't in the engine code, but (if I understand it correctly) in the "Option Code" that refers to the body and engine. The engine code is the 1st digit after P8K which in my VIN is 0. The engine code digit for the two 2019 GT's that I have VINs for both show "F" for the 5.0L.

I didn't get a delivery window but I got a production week of June 18th. Based on that my dealer said it usually takes 2-3 weeks to get the car (only 3 hours from Flat Rock). So my own guess for delivery is somewhere between July 5th and the 13th. Hoping cotus gives me an ETA soon. My birthday is the 8th so any day in that range will be pretty perfect to me. Best birthday ever haha. :clap2:
Small world Matt. My production week is June 25th, 1 week after yours, and my birthday (65th) is July 29th., exactly 3-weeks after yours. So we've both got our fingers crossed that Ford provides us with a great birthday gift. Fortunately, I've got a little more wiggle room in the timing of mine.

Here's hoping you get yours, on or before your birthday.

BTW, I've put my VIN into COTUS but get their message
A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order.
Are you getting info from COTUS yet or the same message as me?

Also, for previous Bullitts, they were:
2001 - Model Code = P42 Engine code = X (both unique to the Bullitt)
2008-2009 - Model code = T82 (not unique to the Bullitt) Engine Code = H (common to all 4.6L engines)
2019 - Model Code = P8K Engine code = 0

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Small world Matt. My production week is June 25th, 1 week after yours, and my birthday (65th) is July 29th., exactly 3-weeks after yours. So we've both got our fingers crossed that Ford provides us with a great birthday gift. Fortunately, I've got a little more wiggle room in the timing of mine.

Here's hoping you get yours, on or before your birthday.

BTW, I've put my VIN into COTUS but get their message
Are you getting info from COTUS yet or the same message as me?
COTUS is giving me the same error message currently. I hope yours arrives for your birthday too! Even if mine is a few days after, It'll still be cool timing to me.

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
COTUS is giving me the same error message currently ...
I think I read somewhere that the info won't be accessible until Ford starts to work on the next "segment" of getting ready to actually build the car.

...I hope yours arrives for your birthday too! Even if mine is a few days after, It'll still be cool timing to me.
Definitely agree. My High School reunion is the day before my birthday, so it would also be nice to have it for that, especially where it will likely be the first in our region, so extra unique.

BTW, I noticed that, like me, yours will have the MagneRide system. FYI, MagneRide is back-ordered on their product. Not just at Ford but for others as well. They provide the system on select Audi, Ferrari, Ford and GM vehicles. My source thinks that the backlog should be cleared well before my/our production dates, so another reason to cross our fingers.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
BTW, I noticed that, like me, yours will have the MagneRide system. FYI, MagneRide is back-ordered on their product. Not just at Ford but for others as well. They provide the system on select Audi, Ferrari, Ford and GM vehicles. My source thinks that the backlog should be cleared well before my/our production dates, so another reason to cross our fingers.
From my understanding of the supplier constraints for MagneRide, they're able to put out a certain amount for each model year. When the 2019s start, that's a new allotment of MagneRide that will be available for builds. I don't think it's a "we're completely out of MagneRide systems" situation, but more like "we had x amount of MR available for 2018 and X amount for 2019" and so they just cut off the last few 2018 MR orders because they hit the allotted amount sooner than they expected. Just my opinion though, I could be completely wrong. Since we're all getting early cars plus MR is standard on overseas Bullitts, I'm sure they have plenty of MR systems available now and for a while.

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Standard on all Overseas and Canadian builds. ;-)

Sponsored

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Matt will have to speak to the Overseas part of it that he mentioned. IIRC, there was an interview with a Ford Exec who stated that all Overseas Bullitts would have the MagneRide, but, we've found that sources like aren't always accurate early on.

As for Canada, I have a copy of both the US and Canadian Bullitt Order Guides (think that is what they are) and while the MagneRide is optional in the US, it is an "included" feature on the Canadian models.

For Canada and the US, there is one Equipment Group for the Bullitt, 500A. It has three (3) things in it:
1 - Bullitt Electronics Package
2 - MagneRide system
3 - Recaro seats

In the US, only #1 is included in 500A (which is standard on and unique to the Bullitt), while in Canada both items #1 and #2 are included, while #3 is optional.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Re-reading the European press release in this thread: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99421

It sounds like Electronics pack is standard overseas, while Recaros and MagneRide are optional. I could have sworn that someone on here ordered one in Europe and MagneRide was standard. Maybe it varies by country overseas. :shrug:

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
Who knows Matt, without getting a look at the Ford material, and even that might be subject to change.

I do agree with your assessment of the MagneRide being optional in Europe based on the European release. They say
MagneRide adjustable suspension system is also offered
and in the next sentence state
active valve performance exhaust system is standard
, so that wording jives.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Interesting COTUS change, instead of getting the "A matching vehicle could not be determined. Please contact your dealer to get status updated about your order." I'm now getting the "no matching vehicle found. Please verify your input and try again". It does this when I try to track with either my VIN or my order number + dealer code. Fingers crossed that there aren't any issues. I know the first error message means its in the system and the second one usually means it isn't...

Edit: Sounds like COTUS is just down according to the order tracking sub-forum. Phew.

daven2505

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jag XKR, Edge Sport,On order RHD Bullitt Full spec
UK Bullitt

Who knows Matt, without getting a look at the Ford material, and even that might be subject to change.

I do agree with your assessment of the MagneRide being optional in Europe based on the European release. They say and in the next sentence state , so that wording jives.
I was told last week that the order book for the Bullitt goes live tomorrow(Tuesday) in the UK and the MagneRide and Recaros are standard on the first batch of RHD UK models. Price is just over ÂŁ50000 or $67000. Will find out tomorrow when I put a deposit down.
Sponsored