Sponsored

TT021 and PP006

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Any new insights from the drivers of these cars shared?

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
It looks so good in these shots. I really love the look of the 15-17s but man the Bullitt treatment on the refresh...:love:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Do you mean VP006? or TT006? Never heard of a PP car.

Sponsored

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Zombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG GT350
Gorgeous :love:

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI

Sponsored

pardoneo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ex-'16 Mustang EcoBaby // Current '16 GT Convertible
Sorry to be so dumb but I don´t get it so I need to ask you guys: what is the meaning of that number? I truly thought it was just the last digits of the car´s VIN but it isn´t, right?

Why some will have TT, others PP and others VP? And what do the numbers stand for?

AC53

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
VW Touareg TDI, Lincoln MKZ, F-350 TD
Sorry to be so dumb but I don´t get it so I need to ask you guys: what is the meaning of that number? I truly thought it was just the last digits of the car´s VIN but it isn´t, right?

Why some will have TT, others PP and others VP? And what do the numbers stand for?
The only "dumb" questions are those not asked.

What I've been able to glean so far:
VP = show and/or demo cars
TT = production-line Test cars
(used at various stages of setting up the production line and checking quality, process, etc., before the first for-sale production run starts)
PP = "is the last step to production. These cars are vin’d, sold, and collected"

However, there are folks here who know the definitive answers to your question. If they see your post hopefully they'll chime in and add some authoritative clarification for you and me. ;-)

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The only "dumb" questions are those not asked.

What I've been able to glean so far:
VP = show and/or demo cars
TT = production-line Test cars
(used at various stages of setting up the production line and checking quality, process, etc., before the first for-sale production run starts)
PP = "is the last step to production. These cars are vin’d, sold, and collected"

However, there are folks here who know the definitive answers to your question. If they see your post hopefully they'll chime in and add some authoritative clarification for you and me. ;-)
This is all correct. The actual abbreviations stand for:
VP = Variable Prototype
TT = Tooling Trial
PP = Pre-production

The pre-production cars are often used as press fleet vehicles, some are used as Ford corporate vehicles, and others are used for other promotional purposes (PP Shelbys are the ones that gave people hot lap rides at SEMA, etc). These cars aren't always sold and if they are, it isn't immediately, usually after a year or so (from what I've seen at least). The VINs on PP cars are also a little different since the production VINs start at 1 (allowing the Barrett-Jackson car to be car #1, etc), so I think technically the PP cars would be classified as 2018s, but I'm not 100% on that part.

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
Just a quick heads up guys. Do NOT expect the vin to match up to the “car number”. Ford may do it for the BJ Auction car but i’d have to hear the sale again to see how Ford stated it.Stating it as the first retail 2019 Bullitt or the 1st vin’d Bullitt is not saying it will carry vin #1.

Ford will start with vin #1 ...... for all 2019 Mustang production.....you will have GTs, Bullitts, Ecoboosts all mixed in throughout the MY vin sequencing.

The only Mustang I am aware of with a dedicated vin sequence were the 2015 50th anniversay LEs. Ford specifically reserved the first 1965 vins for 2015 for that purpose despite the car being produced throughout the year - this could only be done as Ford knew exactly how many would be built before Job 1 began. 1964 Coupes and tbe 1 charity convertible- not positive the vert has vin 1965 but Im pretty sure it does). This was one of the anti-counterfit measures Ford took with the 2015 LEs.

We have seen other “numbered” Mustangs were the car sequence number varied greatly from the vin sequence...a lower vin’d car having a higher sequenced number plate. As if they just grabbed an id kit out of order and placed it on a car.

Also not sure as to the vin sequencing of the Ford GT.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
The only Mustang I am aware of with a dedicated vin sequence were the 2015 50th anniversay LEs. Ford specifically reserved the first 1965 vins for 2015 for that purpose despite the car being produced throughout the year - this could only be done as Ford knew exactly how many would be built before Job 1 began. 1964 Coupes and tbe 1 charity convertible- not positive the vert has vin 1965 but Im pretty sure it does). This was one of the anti-counterfit measures Ford took with the 2015 LEs.
I think the 137 2015 Shelby GT350s had chassis and VIN numbers match.
Sponsored