PP002 and PP007

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
So I bought a pre-production car? Are dealers allowed to even sell them? Should I be worried? Could I ask any more questions? :) Thanks for the info. I am not quite sure what to make it. Whether this is a good thing or bad thing, or just a fun trivia.
Well, generally pre-production cars are just that. Models produce to test, review, display at shows. Those cars are given to reviewers to drive and usually put through the ringer. Most are destroyed. Some make it to the public. How many miles it has? Was any warranty given? How much was it?
Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
I see. That makes sense given it was a pre-production car. Learning a lot here. Thanks for the info. Given it was a press car, and looks like it has been around some, @Dakbo, did you guys put the car through the ringer during your test? Anything I should be concerned about? Thanks.
Very cool that you got this car! It was driven during a tour of Rt. 66 from IL to CA. It wasn't tortured on a track during that event. You own a piece of S550 Bullitt history!

Danster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Very cool that you got this car! It was driven during a tour of Rt. 66 from IL to CA. It wasn't tortured on a track during that event. You own a piece of S550 Bullitt history!
That's awesome. Thank you Tony. Yes, enjoying the car immensely, more than anything I've ever owned before. Cheers

Danster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Well, generally pre-production cars are just that. Models produce to test, review, display at shows. Those cars are given to reviewers to drive and usually put through the ringer. Most are destroyed. Some make it to the public. How many miles it has? Was any warranty given? How much was it?
It had 6,800 miles when I got purchased last month. Paid $42k for it plus tax etc. The dealer added extended drivetrain warranty to 100,000 miles on top of the factory 3 year/36k. On and all, I fell I got a good deal.

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
It had 6,800 miles when I got purchased last month. Paid $42k for it plus tax etc. The dealer added extended drivetrain warranty to 100,000 miles on top of the factory 3 year/36k. On and all, I fell I got a good deal.
Good Price!. And warranty on top?!!. That's good. Now, enjoy your Bullitt!

Sponsored

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
That's awesome. Thank you Tony. Yes, enjoying the car immensely, more than anything I've ever owned before. Cheers
Your car will be in my upcoming Bullitt book because I am including a story about that Rt. 66 trip - www.fmb-generations.com

Steve68Cougar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'68 Cougar, '08 Mustang Bullitt, '18 Mustang RS2
I'm sure Dabko will be interested to hear this! He's put more miles on it than anyone at this point. I was involved with a chunk of the Route 66 tour that is responsible for most of those miles. I got a chance to sit in it and snapped this picture of the dash in Tucumcari, NM:

49678448557_a5fd7d6972.jpg
[/url]

There are a lot of pictures of your car out there - possibly more than any other '19.

Danster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Having found you guys is making owning this car that much more fun. :)
I'll post some pics soon from Cali. I get so many compliments from folks.

OP
OP
DABKO

DABKO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 DHG Bullitt & 2001 DHG Bullitt
Hi there,
I think I might have bought that PP007 here in California. Can you tell me anything about the car? Your experience and why you parted from it? Hoping to take it on a long trip soon. Thank you for your time.
Hi Danster, I just found out yesterday that you have bought PP007.

Congratulations, you purchased a bit of Mustang Bullitt history. My wife and I put on about the first 5700 miles on this car. We drove it from Dearborn, Michigan to Los Angeles via Route 66, then on the San Francisco to run the Bullitt movie chase route and back to Michigan via I-80. This was all part of the 2018 Bullitt Nationals - Route 66 Legend Lives Tour hosted and organized by the HoonDog Performance Group.

https://hoondogperformancegroup.weebly.com/2018-legend-lives-route-66-tour.html

Ford Marketing sent reporters and photographers to cover this event. Here is a write-up on the Ford Performance website.

https://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/quick-look/2018/06/legend-lives-route-66-tour.html

At the time, this car was part of Ford Motor Company's media fleet. Ford allowed the usage of these two PP's, 002 & 007. Ford employees drove these two vehicles during the whole time, which I was one and drove 007.

I have no information on this car's history between the 5700 miles i drove it and now your ownership.

PP => Pilot Production last phase of the pre-builds at a Ford vehicle's assembly plant before Job#1. All parts on this car are production intent.

I hope you continue to enjoy this Bullitt!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Is there a list anywhere of all of the “PP” Bullitts?
Sponsored