Sponsored

Trying to not Boom

erull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue EcoBoost Auto
I have a November of 2014 build, and I really don’t want to purchase a new engine anytime soon. I have a couple questions for you guys. 1. I have the 93 oct. Cobb stage 1 tune as well as a Mishimoto Intercooler, is that safe to run? 2. Over the three years I’ve had the car it has just shut off on its own and not started back up. I had it towed to ford and the next day they said it worked fine. Has anyone else had anything similar happen to them? (This was before the time and Intercooler)
Sponsored

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
Have you replaced your sensor? Do a search as I'm pretty sure a large part of the 'booms are coming from sensor failures.

Sponsored

OP
OP

erull

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Blue EcoBoost Auto
No problem - welcome to the site!
Do you know where I can find a tutorial on how to replace it, all I have found is a review saying it took less than ten minutes.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP

Regs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Echoboost
It would be foolhardy to think a fuel sensor is the end-all solution to "ecoboom". It's just another fad to-do project for your mod car. You're still throwing money and equipment into a car not designed for more boost.

Is Cobb 1 safe? It's safer than the stage 2 that is for sure. FP tune is really the only one I trust unless you plan on taking it to a dyno shop for a tune.

Sponsored

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Keep your injectors clean. That's my two cents. And yes, they do clog in this car...even on top tier fuel. :thumbsup:

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
How do you recommend cleaning them?
With This:
Techron_CFS_12oz_HERO_Front.png

Run a bottle in the "Treats up to 25 gallons" size every 3,000 miles :thumbsup:

cstewartj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost
It would be foolhardy to think a fuel sensor is the end-all solution to "ecoboom". It's just another fad to-do project for your mod car. You're still throwing money and equipment into a car not designed for more boost.

Is Cobb 1 safe? It's safer than the stage 2 that is for sure. FP tune is really the only one I trust unless you plan on taking it to a dyno shop for a tune.
I'm actually reading more posts agreeing with you nowadays. Some "older" guys are not making the swap at all as they're not buying it.
Sponsored