Sponsored

Trunk lid closing force

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
I had a feeling my trunk lid required quite a bit of excessive force to close. I passed it off as something maybe unique to Fords, however today I got a chance to see someone else's (V6) trunk, and it required a light push of the hand to close it properly.

To close my GT trunk lid, it practically required me to "slam" it close.

Anyone else have the same issue? Any solutions?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Stripes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT 401a + Roush AB, MRT H-Pipe
Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of this? I feel like my trunk stoppers are going to wear out prematurely.

That, or something's going to come loose on the rear decklid, it's a matter of time, based on how hard it shuts.

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity of this? I feel like my trunk stoppers are going to wear out prematurely.

That, or something's going to come loose on the rear decklid, it's a matter of time, based on how hard it shuts.
Before the "Do you even lift, Bro?" dudes arrive, I suggest pulling up to your dealership when you have a chance and trying out all the other Mustang's trunks for reference. I suppose the strength needed to close trunks is too subjective to even write about. I have not been concerned with mine as it seems relatively "normal", however.

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
I am lucky...my trunk will close and lock with one or two fingers. I was worried about getting finger prints on the trunk lid whenever I had to shut it. But I can use just the center of my palm on the 'crease' and gently press and it closes and locks.

Sponsored

ero 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt 5.0
I too have to put quite a bit of hip into it when shutting it. Seems pretty stiff

TheNameAndy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I was having the same problem, took it to the dealership. They readjusted the spring and now it closes alot easier. Car is still in the shop unfortunately waiting to see what they say about "hissing' noise when I press the clutch to start the vehicle. :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:

Hogie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine originally required slamming to shut. I went ahead and adjusted the latch up a hair and it shuts much easier now.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I was having the same problem, took it to the dealership. They readjusted the spring and now it closes alot easier. Car is still in the shop unfortunately waiting to see what they say about "hissing' noise when I press the clutch to start the vehicle. :headbonk::headbonk::headbonk:
How's everything going at the dealer, TheNameAndy? Send over a PM if you need some assistance on my end.

I had a feeling my trunk lid required quite a bit of excessive force to close. I passed it off as something maybe unique to Fords, however today I got a chance to see someone else's (V6) trunk, and it required a light push of the hand to close it properly.

To close my GT trunk lid, it practically required me to "slam" it close.

Anyone else have the same issue? Any solutions?

Thanks!
I too have to put quite a bit of hip into it when shutting it. Seems pretty stiff
Hey Stripes and ero 5.0,

Let me know if you decide to take it in to the dealer to check it out. I'll see how to best further assist.

Before the "Do you even lift, Bro?" dudes arrive, I suggest pulling up to your dealership when you have a chance and trying out all the other Mustang's trunks for reference. I suppose the strength needed to close trunks is too subjective to even write about. I have not been concerned with mine as it seems relatively "normal", however.
Hey Ivan,

How is your Pony doing? Send an update via PM. We've talked about a few things in the past; I just wanted to follow up on all that.

Jeff

ZXERT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
Our trunk takes excessive force to close on our ecoboost. Since I don't have any other mustangs around I'm not sure its actually broken. I would say it takes 15lbs of force to close which is quite a bit.

Sponsored

Ender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 B5 Blue Challenger Scat Pack
Our trunk takes excessive force to close on our ecoboost. Since I don't have any other mustangs around I'm not sure its actually broken. I would say it takes 15lbs of force to close which is quite a bit.
I would say about the same for mine as well. Takes quite a bit of force to close.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Mine isn't hard to close but the stupid wire wants to get pinched every time I close the trunk.

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I had this problem and the dealer took care of it. Easily closes now.
Sponsored