Sponsored

Trunk lid rubbing

michformulas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium
I had a terrible squak every time I opened my trunk. I looked it over closely today to find the source. I saw a couple places where the front driver's side edge of the trunk lid is rubbing the edge of the quarter panel by the back window each time I open it. I guess I will have to bring it in before the paint gets rubbed any worse. Just thought I would share in case anybody else's makes noise when you open the trunk.
trunk rub picture.jpeg
Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
BODY FITTINGS...

You may be so happy to finally get your new Mustang that you want to sign the papers and get out and drive...
I suggest that you give yourself enough time to go over everything you can before you pay for it.
I spent most of the morning when I picked up my 2010 GT. I circled the car checking every panel fit. I opened and closed the hood, doors and trunk multiple times. I opened the hood and checked every hose and clamp. I even checked fluid levels. I examined the trunk and spare tire/jack. I then got into the car and started on the driver's door and went around the interior panels. I examined all of the leather. I even pulled up the floor mats to check on the carpeting. I moved the seats into every position. I checked all four seat belts. I looked at the head liner.
I started the car and checked all exterior lights. I ran through all of the electronics and interior lights/gauges. The sales person and I then took it out for a city/country drive. I had the windows open to listen to any stray noises. Ran the heater, A/C, and wipers.
When we got back. I presented him with a list of 'fixes' that needed to be done before I paid for it.
The sales people said they had never had anyone examine one of their new cars as detailed as I had.
I told them that $35K gave me the right to have as nearly perfect car as I could get.
I have only had to have a couple of minor fixes in five years.

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
^ good stuff, I'm going to bring a friend with me to have an extra set of eyes too.

MustangCollector

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various vintage shelbys
Mine did the same thing i loosened the nuts on the hinge and adjusted and touched up the nick its not even noticeable. Def sucks on a new car but was an easy fix
Sponsored