Sponsored

Closing trunk

cop on my back

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Bought my 15 used with just 4,000 miles on it. I have noticed I really have to slam the trunk to get it to close. Wondering if I need to get something adjusted. I would think it should just take a light push to close it, but I have no idea. Might just go to a lot and aske them to let me try a new one.
Sponsored

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
Bought my 15 used with just 4,000 miles on it. I have noticed I really have to slam the trunk to get it to close. Wondering if I need to get something adjusted. I would think it should just take a light push to close it, but I have no idea. Might just go to a lot and aske them to let me try a new one.
Mine closes easy.

any gap issues with the trunk? Probably too new to need any lubrication but its something to try. The car could have came like that or it could be the car was involved in an accident. You get the car inspected before purchase? Or go over the car with a paint meter? Paint meters can be found on amazon these days for not too much money.

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Mine did the same. Take the plastic trim off (easy) and adjust the latch up a tiny bit. No issues since I did this and trunk closes first time easily. This also cures the paint rubbing issue on the trunk lid against the plastic around the taillights.

Nitro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP
Mine also needs to be closed pretty hard. I was going to take it in for service, but I've gotten used to it.

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
it needs weaker pneumatic assist arms

i just installed a pull down handle and i really have to give it a good pull to get it down to closed.

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Mine did the same. Take the plastic trim off (easy) and adjust the latch up a tiny bit. No issues since I did this and trunk closes first time easily. This also cures the paint rubbing issue on the trunk lid against the plastic around the taillights.
Yep, exactly what I did to cure the trunk lid bottom edge from rubbing the top of the rear bumper and to make it close much easier. Also made the lid's bottom edge line up better with the bottom of the tail lights.
Sponsored