Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
The tongue weight for the Mustang is 200 pounds so make sure the carrier and walker are under 200 pounds.

I'm getting a hitch on my 2015 Ecoboost to trailer my ZX6R. Curt makes a nice trailer hitch for the Mustang.

20210723_163151.jpg

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
When A buddy had his knees operations the walker folded up, it fit in the back seat or trunk. Might be a better option to look into those than, adding a hitch than a item to put walker on.
I'd think a quick search on f/b market place would yield a few local if a new one is to costly.
Hope this helps.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
If I had a coupe the trunk is larger. My trunk is tiny

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
rear set delete allows the trunk floor to extend into the back seat? Doubling the storage .

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
I have a white convertible 2015 Mustang. I just adore it and love driving it.
Here is the problem my mobility issues are getting worse and have to use a walker.
To carry a walker I must put a trailer hitch on and a little carrier to carry my walker.
What do you think it would look like?
https://www.amazon.com/MaxxHaul-701...ler+hitch+cargo+carrier&qid=1633222419&sr=8-3
The first deal-breaker is the Mustang hitches are class 1 with a 1.25" receiver. The rack has a 2" receiver so that's a no-go. The next thing to consider is the weight is not directly over the ball but is cantilevered out some distance, that reduces the 200 lb tongue weight limit althouhg we don't know how much. If the walker is lightweight there may be a 1.25" rack that fits.

CarbonZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I would think there must be a travel style fold up walker that would fit in your trunk. If not, then do whatever you need to to keep enjoying the ride.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Tore up a left knee and lower back years back, and broke neck C6-7 arm nerve damage. Canes, crutches, weight belt, back brace, etc.
Took 5 minutes to get to car and 10 more to shoehorn my ass into the seat and stuff crap in back seat.

Those drives were some of the best.

You have a convertible?
Surely we can help find a folding walker that would work to stuff in back or trunk. If there is a rear seat that could be removed to make things easier to store, Im sure we could find a forum member or dealer tech near you to assist with whatever adaptive mods would help.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I would think there must be a travel style fold up walker that would fit in your trunk. If not, then do whatever you need to to keep enjoying the ride.
The standard folding walker was after the legs adjusted for buddies height and left at that adjustment.
40" tall, and 5" thick(folded) and 25" wide.
Took 20 seconds to unfold, and then use.
It fit behind my seat in my El Camico

Sponsored

JimC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 EcoBoost performance package coupe
rear set delete allows the trunk floor to extend into the back seat? Doubling the storage .
Not in the convertible like OP has. The convertible doesn't open fully to the trunk due to a metal bulkhead to add strength and the mechanism/hydraulic for the top.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
What kind of walker are you using? Pictures or a link might help us help you.
Because, I'm honestly not understanding the problem. I've got an '18 convertible and I can get two folded up walkers into the trunk with space to spare.
I can't imagine my trunk is that much bigger than a '15 if at all...

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
It can be tricky getting stuff folded and in and out of trunk with nerve damage in arms wrist hands.
ie the Elenker w arm supports can be bulkier than say a Nitro DLX, or featherweight carbon ByAcre or such. Knee support style rolling walkers are worth checking out as well, but definitely more “sporty” if you want speed.

OP
OP
dirtwarrior

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
What kind of walker are you using? Pictures or a link might help us help you.
Because, I'm honestly not understanding the problem. I've got an '18 convertible and I can get two folded up walkers into the trunk with space to spare.
I can't imagine my trunk is that much bigger than a '15 if at all...
From the VA I got 1 like Nitro DLX but the Drive Mobility Euro model. I have a milk crate in my trunk with some needed tools in it. The tools makes me feel more secure
Sponsored