Sponsored

Trade offs.

J_MENIS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Anyone ever add up what they spent on aftermarket? This post might be irrelevant so admins feel free to move it I just found this interesting.

Paid about $32k for car-PP/Auto/Prem
$3,877.36- Mods

New PP/Prem GT 39k?

I have no regrets with my car I love it and I'm keeping it. Just thought it was interesting to see how much I spent vs having spent on a Gt. Only regret is that hefty price on the manga flows, they sound nice but damn 1k.

Then with VTT your "faster" (more whp) than a stock GT heck even a FBO GT perhaps for about 1k less than a stock GT and a couple grand less than a FBO GT. And with a big turbo you would be just a bit under the price of a FBO GT but still "faster". Only downside is no V8 rumble.. �� I mean I've beaten some Gts and I didn't even install my IC and meth and on stock turbo. So I'm using "faster" lightly. Less weight, more tq, more attractive power curve on bigger turbos. All in all a modded eco vs stock gt can be about the same price.

This is all considering you build and buy it that way. You can probably get a used Eco Prem/Pp for low 20s and then that's where the better savings are. lol I don't want to start a war but everyone here argues anyways so happy typing :) .

Sponsored

Last edited:

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I get your point, but that really only holds up for new vs new. If you buy a 1 year old GT vs a 1 year old Eco and put the same $ in mods for both, you really have a significant price point savings going with the eco since many have taken a significant depreciation hit. :ford:

That is the route I went and i certainly saved a big chunk of money. I would not have felt comfortable buying this car at MSRP. I love it to death, but the deal I got on it buying it with a few thousand miles on it was a no brainer.

I really find it to be a charismatic car. Love the torque curve, but its also a car that I can show up with to meets and still get a heck of attention because I'm that "4 cylinder mustang" that rips and everyone is interested in learning how Im able to pull on 3 valves left and right.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I get your point, but that really only holds up for new vs new. If you buy a 1 year old GT vs a 1 year old Eco and put the same $ in mods for both, you really have a significant price point savings going with the eco since many have taken a significant depreciation hit. :ford:

That is the route I went and i certainly saved a big chunk of money. I would not have felt comfortable buying this car at MSRP. I love it to death, but the deal I got on it buying it with a few thousand miles on it was a no brainer.

I really find it to be a charismatic car. Love the torque curve, but its also a car that I can show up with to meets and still get a heck of attention because I'm that "4 cylinder mustang" that rips and everyone is interested in learning how Im able to pull on 3 valves left and right.
Yes lol I can pull any 3v mustang easily lol and still people don't know that 4 cylinders come in mustangs. I really do like this car as it is my first turbo car. I will admit I am frustrated with the top end of the car on the stock turbo but I understand why it's not that great. I am fixing that problem soon though with my stage 2 turbo coming.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2

We need to hit the track again. :thumbsup:

PS: I'm in the same situation as the OP, paid just below MSRP for mine. No complaints, I've enjoyed my car since early Oct 2014.

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
We need to hit the track again :thumbsup:
Headed out there tonight bud with a few others from the Boosted crew. 03 termi and a s550 gt on e85. You should jump in!

Sponsored

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Headed out there tonight bud with a few others from the Boosted crew. 03 termi and a s550 gt on e85. You should jump in!
Damn, that's tempting... I may go hang out, but I need new tires. It's probably not a good idea to race on these.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Anyone ever add up what they spent on aftermarket? This post might be irrelevant so admins feel free to move it I just found this interesting.

Paid about $32k for car-PP/Auto/Prem
$3,877.36- Mods

New PP/Prem GT 39k?

I have no regrets with my car I love it and I'm keeping it. Just thought it was interesting to see how much I spent vs having spent on a Gt. Only regret is that hefty price on the manga flows, they sound nice but damn 1k.

Then with VTT your "faster" (more whp) than a stock GT heck even a FBO GT perhaps for about 1k less than a stock GT and a couple grand less than a FBO GT. And with a big turbo you would be just a bit under the price of a FBO GT but still "faster". Only downside is no V8 rumble.. �� I mean I've beaten some Gts and I didn't even install my IC and meth and on stock turbo. So I'm using "faster" lightly. Less weight, more tq, more attractive power curve on bigger turbos. All in all a modded eco vs stock gt can be about the same price.

This is all considering you build and buy it that way. You can probably get a used Eco Prem/Pp for low 20s and then that's where the better savings are. lol I don't want to start a war but everyone here argues anyways so happy typing :) .

[/QUOTE

So you are saying you will spend $0 in mods on a GT ? lol

Good luck with that !! Every car I have ever had has been modded in one way or another. Even a Corsa exhaust, intake, rims and lowering springs you are already looking at at least over $3k and thats buying cheap rims. So now you are at $42k on the GT so its a wash, I have had so many V8 cars I have lost count so I went this route on my daily driver for something different.
No regrets.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
Keep in mind we have an import tax on every car ever made.

Paid 35k for a pp non premium. 2500 in engine mods, base gts at the time were going for 42k, pps for 45k and prem pp for 49k. I currently smoke any form of stock gt. And as soon as someone sells their used stage 1 vvt ill fix my top end and smoke some modded gts too. Corners better on track days, smokes gts..
No brainer for me.

lisandra

mama smurf
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lisandra
Vehicle(s)
ecoboost PP non premium
And i still get 30 mpg when i want to :)

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
And i still get 30 mpg when i want to :)
Yep. Thats definitely a major plus for me too. Do you get a lot of kids in Honda Civics wanting to race you like I do here in Kissimmee which has a huge Puerto Rican population ?

Sponsored

Buhbuhj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium
Agree that most of my mods I have done would also be done if I bought a GT. Probably 2k worth of mods to my car are EB specific but I'm sure there's things I would get specifically for the GT as well.

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
If I had went through with my GT purchase I would still have bought a whipple, wheels, full exhaust, return fuel system, drag radials, rear suspension, and a cage.

I would juts be chasing down 9's instead of 10's and be doing so for a considerable amount more.

I'm around $33k in my car now and haven't even really touched the potential. Another 7k and it would be an absolute monster relatively speaking.

Spending 40k on a the GT I picked would get me full bolt ons/full exhaust, wheels, and tires. Add another 15k or so for what I would have done.

What did I do with the savings? I bought new adventure gear for my motorcycle and a machine gun (yes, a real machine gun).

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
If I had went through with my GT purchase I would still have bought a whipple, wheels, full exhaust, return fuel system, drag radials, rear suspension, and a cage.

I would juts be chasing down 9's instead of 10's and be doing so for a considerable amount more.

I'm around $33k in my car now and haven't even really touched the potential. Another 7k and it would be an absolute monster relatively speaking.

Spending 40k on a the GT I picked would get me full bolt ons/full exhaust, wheels, and tires. Add another 15k or so for what I would have done.

What did I do with the savings? I bought new adventure gear for my motorcycle and a machine gun (yes, a real machine gun).
You have a wife or kids? Lol

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
I like this thread with so much imagination that the GT guys have stayed away .

As far as spending money on some of these vendor related Mods go ...I make my own ...