Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
85 Mustang GT, 2019 Audi A4, 2023 MCS, 2004 BMW Z4
No the tires aren't spinning.
Now that we have that out of the way. Long story short I am on a road trip over 1k miles from home and today multiple times in elevation (over 7k feet usually) I went to give it some throttle at highway speed and the traction control light would flash 3 or 4 times.
One time I was rolling on the throttle at 80mph, another time I down shifted to 4th at 70mph and it did it, the final time I noticed it I had just hammered it from an on ramp into an 80mph zone and after I let off the throttle it flashed 3 or 4 times again 2 separate sequences.
Has anyone had this happen?
I decided just to shut traction control off after that.
The car is a 2021 GT 6spd manual.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
It was doing it again today, had to shut off traction control otherwise it would kick in and cut power. Guess I'll be making an appointment when I get back home

Mike Pfeifer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red Mustang GT A10
Could be a faulty wheel speed sensor or faulty reluctor wheel- not sure how this is handled on the mustangs. I had a few older cars with rusted halfshafts with integrated reluctor wheel, it had swollen from the rust and was contacting the sensor and started grinding it down. Also, I have seen rust or other foreign materiel magnetically stuck to a wheel speed sensor which would affect its operation.

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Could be a faulty wheel speed sensor or faulty reluctor wheel- not sure how this is handled on the mustangs. I had a few older cars with rusted halfshafts with integrated reluctor wheel, it had swollen from the rust and was contacting the sensor and started grinding it down. Also, I have seen rust or other foreign materiel magnetically stuck to a wheel speed sensor which would affect its operation.
When I get home I might pull the wheels and inspect everything, usually not too keen on letting others work on my vehicles, I'll start at the sensors, I was thinking "maybe" something got dirty or loose. Thanks for the reply!

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Sponsored

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Experienced this
No the tires aren't spinning.
Now that we have that out of the way. Long story short I am on a road trip over 1k miles from home and today multiple times in elevation (over 7k feet usually) I went to give it some throttle at highway speed and the traction control light would flash 3 or 4 times.
One time I was rolling on the throttle at 80mph, another time I down shifted to 4th at 70mph and it did it, the final time I noticed it I had just hammered it from an on ramp into an 80mph zone and after I let off the throttle it flashed 3 or 4 times again 2 separate sequences.
Has anyone had this happen?
I decided just to shut traction control off after that.
The car is a 2021 GT 6spd manual.
Experienced this very thing today. First time ride after installing winter tires and SVE 350r wheels. Could it be the different tire/wheel dynamics?

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I know this is an old thread. Wondering if anyone resolved this. I did read through the posts that CJ referenced, and while not ruling it out, I just thought I would see if there were any other resolutions.
2021 GT MT ~12k miles. Traction control light comes on about 1x a week or so and sometimes multiple times on the same short trip. Usually when accelerating like a normal non-mustang driver in the 70-75mph range.

Sometimes I feel nothing, and sometimes I feel what I think is the power cutting.

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I know this is an old thread. Wondering if anyone resolved this. I did read through the posts that CJ referenced, and while not ruling it out, I just thought I would see if there were any other resolutions.
2021 GT MT ~12k miles. Traction control light comes on about 1x a week or so and sometimes multiple times on the same short trip. Usually when accelerating like a normal non-mustang driver in the 70-75mph range.

Sometimes I feel nothing, and sometimes I feel what I think is the power cutting.
I never did figure mine out, it only seemed to do it on that road trip in elevation. I put another 5k miles on the car before selling it, all manners of driving and it never did it again. Hope you get it resolved. If you have access to a code reader that does abs I’d be curious if there are any pending codes in the abs module?

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to put the original set of wheels and tires back on my car and see if that cures it. Something tells me the snow tires I put on aren't balanced properly. I'll repost the results here in a couple days.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did that when I was taking a twisty exit ramp at high speed. Really couldn’t explain it. And then I got better tires with the alignment and it stopped.

Seanuf99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Tony, Interesting theory on the tires. I did switch from my summer tires to AS shortly before this started.

Helltime, I did hook my scan tool after you suggested it. Not sure why I didnt think of that. Zero codes on any systems.

I drove the thing from STL to NOLA and back this week and did not notice it a single time. Only seems to happen here, with the AS tires. Wonder if it has to do with temps. Not freezing here but high of only like 35 to 38.

OP
OP
Helltime

Helltime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Tony, Interesting theory on the tires. I did switch from my summer tires to AS shortly before this started.

Helltime, I did hook my scan tool after you suggested it. Not sure why I didnt think of that. Zero codes on any systems.

I drove the thing from STL to NOLA and back this week and did not notice it a single time. Only seems to happen here, with the AS tires. Wonder if it has to do with temps. Not freezing here but high of only like 35 to 38.
hmm, come to think of it on my trip the temps in elevation were lower the first couple times (dropped below 40 in Colorado, but in Utah I don’t recall it being cold and it did it there too). I just got rid of a Jeep Wrangler that only had abs faults when it was cold outside and intermittently, never figured that one out either, but I never scanned it and the fault lasted until the vehicle was turned off rather than acting like traction control kicking in.

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
I just put a different set of wheels on my car and no more traction control flashing under throttle. The winter tires with their soft and deep treads must reverberate and cause the traction control light to flash, the system to engage, or both. Also of note is the height/diameter of the winter wheels are a bit taller than the SC2s... and it's all mushy tread.

Either way, issue identified. I guess it's just go easy on the revs with the winter set up. Maybe if it gets cold enough, they'll stiffen up and act appropriately.
20230123_180714.jpg

Ardy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang EcoBoost
Do you have different outer diameter tires on the front compared to the back?
Sponsored